Wolf Bridges

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  349
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  2

I happened on this Blog and wanted to get more experienced Christians opinions. Jesus Without Baggage

Does the blogger have a point? Is this actually scripturally correct? If so why? If not why not? I look forward to our sharing together. 

Let's remember our calling and keep this something that Jesus would be proud of. 

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.37
  • Days Won:  20

1 hour ago, Wolf Bridges said:

Let's remember our calling and keep this something that Jesus would be proud of. 

Really?  What do you think of Jesus' words to the disciples (including the apostles) when they were walking with HIm ?

(this is a shock to many people who haven't read much, btw).

He called them, or asked them,  "are you being stupid on purpose?",   "you with little faith",  "have you been with Me so long,  and you still do not understand?" ,  and the big 'un:  "get behind Me...! " ....

So, is there any indication in Scripture Jesus was proud of His disciples, including His own disciples (and even mary and His brothers and sisters?)  ? In His Own Words, Matthew, Mark, Luke and John ?

1 minute ago, eldios said:

The "good news" that Jesus, Peter, Timothy, Stephen, Paul, me and all the other servants preach from the gospel of God is everything that was hidden from man like the meaning of the beast, how we're created, what happens on the day of the Lord and how life will be experienced after the day of the Lord. So if you listen carefully to the gospel of God that I preach for God, you will learn all this knowledge of Christ that revealed this information about the future and how we're created. Once you learn how we're created, then all your fears will go away. 

Did you read the link information? 

5 hours ago, Yowm said:

Nice God, but not always mushy...I wonder how Tim would explain...

Consider him who endured from sinners such hostility against himself, so that you may not grow weary or fainthearted. In your struggle against sin you have not yet resisted to the point of shedding your blood. And have you forgotten the exhortation that addresses you as sons? "My son, do not regard lightly the discipline of the Lord, nor be weary when reproved by him. For the Lord disciplines the one he loves, and chastises every son whom he receives." It is for discipline that you have to endure. God is treating you as sons. For what son is there whom his father does not discipline? If you are left without discipline, in which all have participated, then you are illegitimate children and not sons. Besides this, we have had earthly fathers who disciplined us and we respected them. Shall we not much more be subject to the Father of spirits and live? For they disciplined us for a short time as it seemed best to them, but he disciplines us for our good, that we may share his holiness.
(Heb 12:3-10)

Thank you for your input and the scripture.