• Followers:  28
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,710
  • Content Per Day:  2.46
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

1 minute ago, Saved.One.by.Grace said:

I watch Tim Allen's show, Dr. Ken and Shark Tank on Fridays.  ABC will lose me as a viewer for sure.

Agreed. unless theyre willing to reverse this decision, then of course, I will forgive them like I did when A&E let the robertsons keep Phil on their show. Right there was living proof that boycotts do indeed work.

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  349
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  2

How does ABC swing in its politics? 

Old act bands boycotted a state to make their political statement. 
We're a nation where the first right is the freedom to speak your mind and as such hold an opinion.  Now, that right is still exercised. Because there is no constitutional right to not be persecuted for what you say.

It's like we're evolving the McCarthy era black list.  Keyword then? Communist. 

But we've moved from that any number of keywords that will trigger punishment against those thought worthy. 

Meanwhile, America has come a long way. Now we trade with Communists, and send them our jobs.

• Group:  Royal Member *
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  91
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  10,596
  • Content Per Day:  3.69
  • Days Won:  25

3 hours ago, The_Patriot2017 said:

Agreed. unless theyre willing to reverse this decision, then of course, I will forgive them like I did when A&E let the robertsons keep Phil on their show. Right there was living proof that boycotts do indeed work.

It is not going to get reversed, it is about money and the show was going to cost them too much to license going into a 7th year.  If the show is that great another network will pick it up since ABC did not own the show

• Group:  Worthy Ministers

Just now, Running Gator said:

It is not going to get reversed, it is about money and the show was going to cost them too much to license going into a 7th year.  If the show is that great another network will pick it up since ABC did not own the show

you keep saying that, but yet, ABC has yet to list any reason-it was their number 2 show. I can almost garentee that money had nothing to do with it, in fact quite the opposite-you dont cancel your number 2 show, and keep the shows below it....doesnt make sense money wise.

Guest shiloh357
1 minute ago, Running Gator said:

It is not going to get reversed, it is about money and the show was going to cost them too much to license going into a 7th year. 

That has nothing to do with it.

2 minutes ago, The_Patriot2017 said:

you keep saying that, but yet, ABC has yet to list any reason-it was their number 2 show. I can almost garentee that money had nothing to do with it, in fact quite the opposite-you dont cancel your number 2 show, and keep the shows below it....doesnt make sense money wise.

Each year that it is licensed from the owner of the show the price to keep it goes up, meaning despite getting good ratings ABC makes less and less money from it. 6 years is a good run for a show, that is longer than many last.  And again, if the show is that good there are lots of other networks that can buy the rights to it.

3 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

That has nothing to do with it.

Well then, offer some evidence to show otherwise. 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers

Just now, Running Gator said:

Well then, offer some evidence to show otherwise. 

hard to offer evidence, when it hasnt been presented. Your the one who claimed it was for money reasons-and you havent provided any evidence to support that. I said they hadnt listed a reason, which so far, they have not, and you dont cancel your number #2 show for no reason, and licensing, isnt a "good" reason if its your number 2 money maker.

10 minutes ago, The_Patriot2017 said:

hard to offer evidence, when it hasnt been presented. Your the one who claimed it was for money reasons-and you havent provided any evidence to support that. I said they hadnt listed a reason, which so far, they have not, and you dont cancel your number #2 show for no reason, and licensing, isnt a "good" reason if its your number 2 money maker.

Being the number 2 rated show does not make it the number 2 money maker.   Advertising rates are based off of way more than just total numbers.  A huge part of the rates is the age watching the show.   The 18-49 age is the age advertisers are looking for and shows that do well in that range can charge more per 30 second ad.   This show did not do all that well with that demographic.  Also, at the start of the 7th season the ABC would have been required to cover the cost of producing the show, something 20th Cen Fox had been doing. 

People are looking for the boggieman in everything, but normally it all comes down to nothing but money.