IGNORED

Joyce Meyer

Aida

Guest Bro David™

I have actually coined a term and it is called- "Selective Christianity".

It is when the Bible in it's KJV version does not support your theory you can "Choose" to use the NKJV, NIV, .... you get my point.

It is when you actually choose what "Type" of Church you would want to follow and if somewhere in the "Holy Bible" a Doctrine does not fit your Church's you can "Choose" to ignore it and/or call History to question.

It is when the Bible, a Holy Book is reduced to a booklet. Where you can use it to even go against the Deity of Christ and/or anything you "Choose" to go against because back in those days people who re-wrote the bible meant to deceive us and so we should examine every single verse before any scriptual reproof can be milked from it.

It is also when we "choose" to set the amount of times we can forgive someone, "Children, Freinds, Parents, Co-Workers" yet when it comes to us we expect to be forgiven every single day that we ask for it from God.

[isaiah 40:8] The grass withereth, the flower fadeth but the word of our God shall stand forever.

[2 Timothy 3:16] All scripture is given by inspiration of our God and is profitable for doctrine for reproff for correction for instruction in righteousness.

Teach me how anyone gets around those two verse's ? When they attempt to change the Bible. Even if they were to use, the Original language.

With much Love.

David King

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  43
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

[quote name='Bro David

• Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  67

The same man who told us women should be silent in the church-also said that women shouldn't pray or prophesy with their head uncovered.  Now-both of those statements cannot be taken literally in every situation in the church.  I like Joyce Meyer and make it a point to listen to her if I see  her on TV.  I believe she is under the autority of the Lord and of her husband.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Now-both of those statements cannot be taken literally in every situation in the church

Why not?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It is obvious that if a woman is praying or prophesying in the church-then she is speaking. Now, in order to do that she must have her head covered. If she is speaking then according to some of you-she is being out of order. This doesn't make sense! Paul said not to speak out from under the cover-not not to speak at all.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  375
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  11,400
  • Content Per Day:  1.44
  • Birthday:  08/14/1971

The same man who told us women should be silent in the church-also said that women shouldn't pray or prophesy with their head uncovered.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  31
  • Content Count:  1,013
  • Content Per Day:  0.14

She teaches health & prosperity. Some of what she teaches are her own opinions filled w/ half truths.

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  67

to prophesy means to speak forth from the heart of God. Sooooo-prophesy is speaking. :( However, not all speaking is prophesy. :(

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  72
  • Birthday:  04/04/1980

Greetings,

I have a question about women's role in ministry.  I have always believed that women should be submissive to men in the church...or at least that is what I have read in scripture.  I listen/watch Joyce Meyer and I do enjoy her program.  I happened to read the post by Michael about women's role in ministry and it came to my mind that Joyce Meyer has her own ministry and that she is preaching to men as well as women.  Would this be correct biblically.  I would not want to in any way criticize her or her ministry but I am confused about this matter.  I would appreciate any insight on this subject.  Thank you and blessings to you all.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

when paul was speaking to the women in the church i dont think he meant that women have no voice in the church. In the time that paul spoke to Corinth, the women were being saved and they thought that there salvation gave them rights to ask questions during church and standing up to the men and causing chaos. Paul was telling them that they needed to take their question home to their husbands instead of interupting the service for irrelevent questions. If God did not intend on women having ministries then he wouldnt bless them like he does. Jesus has all power and control and he still chooses to bless these talented women. He gives us women spiritual gifts and he intends for us to use them.God gave me the gift of singing and he doesnt want me sitting at home just singing to my hustband :emot-hug: He wants me to use it to the glorification of him. :emot-highfive:

• Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  72
  • Birthday:  04/04/1980

Amen, brother. I avoid anyone like this. I've tuned in, but am unable to concentrate and learn from someone who is going against God's commands. It makes me wonder what else they don't bother with in Scripture that doesn't suit them. Just my opinion.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

What is she doing that is against God's commands? :emot-highfive:

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  56
  • Birthday:  03/04/1987

What is she doing that is against God's commands? :emot-hug:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

Joyce will never tell you that she is the authority over her husband, because she knows she is to be submissive to him.  Even when she was an associate pastor at life christian center in missouri, she was still under the authority of her pastor.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I have no problem with Joyce Meyer as a teacher. She will be the first to tell you that she is submissive to her husband. I listen to her too and have learned alot.