• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,453
  • Content Per Day:  0.53
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  09/23/1991

22 hours ago, mat007 said:

Is it just OCD? Or should I talk to the priest? I'm scared but I don't really want to tell the priest these things because I think he would say I'm not a christian anymore.

I was suffering with something very similar you are experiencing. All I can say is that you need Jesus immediately, I believe it is more a spiritual issue than anything.

I suffered with very oppressive thoughts that would force me to do the most insane things you can imagine, thoughts that kept me telling Jesus would not forgive me, that I had diseases, mental illnesses, doings things repeatedly, actions like seating and to lay down were a challenge, it like forced me to do or a really bad thing would occur, and I could not resist on my own as it kept remembering me through the day leaving me with no peace.

I kept suffering for many, many years, from child. I read some testimonials of people who have been set free from that, but it was like I did not believe that could happen to me.

But one day I decided to believe, I decided to answer the call to know Jesus, repent of sins, and I started to read the Word of God. Then I realized that many of the things in my mind were simply not true, that Jesus could set me free of anything if I believed and called for his help.

Well, today I am free... When thoughts come I just confront them with the Truth, which is the Word of God, and they do not have any dominion over me anymore. They are all defeated in Jesus' name. With Jesus I learned I can live without worrying, doubting, or fear.

Today, I can say I live in peace. Thanks to Jesus!

Glory to God!

Edited by 4LdKHVCzRDj2

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  45
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  124
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0

15 hours ago, 4LdKHVCzRDj2 said:

I was suffering with something very similar you are experiencing. All I can say is that you need Jesus immediately, I believe it is more a spiritual issue than anything.

I suffered with very oppressive thoughts that would force me to do the most insane things you can imagine, thoughts that kept me telling Jesus would not forgive me, that I had diseases, mental illnesses, doings things repeatedly, actions like seating and to lay down were a challenge, it like forced me to do or a really bad thing would occur, and I could not resist on my own as it kept remembering me through the day leaving me with no peace.

I kept suffering for many, many years, from child. I read some testimonials of people who have been set free from that, but it was like I did not believe that could happen to me.

But one day I decided to believe, I decided to answer the call to know Jesus, repent of sins, and I started to read the Word of God. Then I realized that many of the things in my mind were simply not true, that Jesus could set me free of anything if I believed and called for his help.

Well, today I am free... When thoughts come I just confront them with the Truth, which is the Word of God, and they do not have any dominion over me anymore. They are all defeated in Jesus' name. With Jesus I learned I can live without worrying, doubting, or fear.

Today, I can say I live in peace. Thanks to Jesus!

Glory to God!

Well, I am a very religious person. So, you know, I always ask for Jesus's help.

But I just see some bad coincidences that happen to me and these make me feel that God isn't just there.

And I don't want to feel that.

I am very appropiate to the Church and I just need some help.

Can meds help me?

• Group:  Diamond Member

8 hours ago, mat007 said:

But I just see some bad coincidences that happen to me and these make me feel that God isn't just there.

Could you give more details, examples about that?

Can meds help me?

I do not know. I never took any meds for that.

I am very appropiate to the Church and I just need some help.

On 5/26/2017 at 9:29 PM, eileenhat said:

You might be harboring resentments for example, but basically it is on your shoulders to dig them out.  Not truly someone else's (I mean complaint and a non compliant attitude just drives the issues further down, rather than bringing them to the surface for healing from God).

I agree with what eileenhat said here.

You have to put your trust in Jesus, pray, repent of your sins, seek truth in God's word. Jesus forgives, you have to forgive yourself too.

Questioning yourself, doubting, and giving credit to untrue thoughts like "you are not forgiven" will only worsen the problem. You have to read/hear and believe what God says through His Word.

Some things you said in your post gave me the impression you are not even believing in yourself by hearing thoughts that arises doubt of your own words.

But are you lying to yourself?

I can not believe you lie to yourself. It is not logical, you know weather you are lying to yourself or not more than anyone. I used to experience this problem too.

It is not a thing that may be solved overnight (this may depend on your faith), you have to keep constantly fighting in Jesus' name. If you feel desperate, you rebuke that feeling using the Truth, which is God's Word.

Believe and seek, because you are going to find peace soon.

God bless you!

Edited by 4LdKHVCzRDj2

5 hours ago, 4LdKHVCzRDj2 said:

Could you give more details, examples about that?

As I was at the Church, playing a little bit the organ for today's First Communion celebration, I saw the cross a little bit inclined, so I went there to straighten it.

I went on Instagram and I saw a guy's number of followers. It was "666". This scared me very much.

Aftere the kids were to confession (I helped them, they confessed their sins for the first time so I organized them), the priest got out of the cabin with red eyes. This was the last thing I needed to be 100% scared. And I mean that white part from the eye was a little bit red because the veins from the eye were a little bit broken.

5 hours ago, 4LdKHVCzRDj2 said:

It is not a thing that may be solved overnight (this may depend on your faith), you have to keep constantly fighting in Jesus' name. If you feel desperate, you rebuke that feeling using the Truth, which is God's Word.

Well, now I just begin to think that God continues to tell me: "Do not destroy yourself with these thoughts." So, I feel a little bit better.

Because I am scared, I often go to the Church and make the cross sign with Holy Water.

I know my soul is clean. Only my mind is affected, because I have OCD and I just watched kinda like 40 horror movies in the Summer, so...

Edited by mat007

• Group:  Diamond Member

16 minutes ago, mat007 said:

Because I am scared, I often go to the Church and make the cross sign with Holy Water.

Fear, that is something that was common to me as well. But Jesus told us to fear no one but God.

"But I will show you whom you should fear: Fear Him who, after He has killed, has power to cast into hell; yes, I say to you, fear Him!" - Luke 12:5

"Have I not commanded you? Be strong and of good courage; do not be afraid, nor be dismayed,
for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go." - Joshua 1:9

I know it is hard not to fear in some situations, but it is important that we don't let the fear take control of us. Let the Holy Spirit guide us.

Jesus wants you to live in peace, you can live in peace, it is possible. You just have to trust and believe in Him.

"But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness,
gentleness, self-control. Against such there is no law." - Galatians 5:22-23

19 minutes ago, mat007 said:

I know my soul is clean. Only my mind is affected, because I have OCD and I just watched kinda like 40 horror movies in the Summer, so...

"Finally, brethren, whatever things are true, whatever things are noble,
whatever things are just, whatever things are pure, whatever things are lovely,
whatever things are of good report, if there is any virtue and if there is anything praiseworthy—meditate on these things." - Philippians 4:8

"Abstain from every form of evil." - 1 Thessalonians 5:22

I strongly recommend you reading God's Word, it contains all the Truth you should know. Pray before reading, ask God to guide you.

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=John+1&version=NKJV

God bless you!

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  11,715
  • Content Per Day:  4.59
  • Days Won:  106

On 5/26/2017 at 11:01 AM, mat007 said:

Hello and God Bless!

I am a very faithful person (at least, I was) and I started going to the Church almost every Sunday one year ago.

Three months ago, I finally realized that I really need God because without God the life means nothing.

In the summer, I saw some horror movies that didn't affect me in that time. I had hypocondria (the psychical disease, that is kinda like OCD, and that gives you thoughts that you are sick). I went to the hospital three times in a month and the doctor reasurred me I have nothing. Later, in the Easter period, I saw another movie with my uncle ("The Exorcism of Emily Rose"), (well, I kinda told you this story in another topic) and felt really bad. I looked for help on these forums and you really helped me, but, now, I just have intrusive thoughts that I might be possessed, or about me killing the girl I really like. I would never do that, but I don't know why I have this thoughts. Sometimes, the OCD just puts in my head the "What if?" question. (What if God doesn't want me? What if God thinks I don't love Jesus?")

I saw some parts of the movie "The Omen" and began to ask myself: "What if I am like that boy?". To reduce the anxiety, I just continue to say in my mind: "Jesus is Messiah.". I continue to reassure myself that I am fine, using this phrase.

Now, things are getting worse. The intrusive thoughts began to invade my life. I just can't get away from them. I just feel that God doesn't help me anymore. And I continue asking myself: "What if I don't love God?".

Please, help me.

Is it just OCD? Or should I talk to the priest? I'm scared but I don't really want to tell the priest these things because I think he would say I'm not a christian anymore.

In God's love,

Mario.

Hello Mario sorry you are having these bad thoughts or ideas.  Truth be told from hearing testimonies of others and my own experience the enemy wants us to think our Lord and Savior JESUS does not love us and salvation is gone due to bad thoughts to make us feel unworthy/depression of His gift to us. Ignore that and turn to the LORD.  Probably should avoid these type of movies and see if that helps you as well.  As I will pray for you Mario, by faith in JESUS CHRIST I declare this one to be healed and liberated in JESUS name! Amen.

16 hours ago, eileenhat said:

Re: Confession

Asking other's (ie. priest in confessionals) to pay for our own sinful nature has zero results.  

That burden remains on us (no what another insist).

You must penetrate this belief that says God will not forgive you for your sins, by your own personal confession to him, via praying to Jesus yourself.  Which begs the real question, as who you suppose he (Jesus) truly is, because it sounds like you do not know him, yourself (but have been using a religion to avoid that realization).

Article about asking Jesus directly for forgiveness (hint: must be baptized first in the holy Spirit by him, through going to Jesus direct and receiving him into your heart)..

http://unlockingthebible.org/confession-bible-verses-confessing-sins/

Continue....

On the other hand, Catholic church says this

"Since he would not always be with the Church visibly, Christ gave this power to other men so the Church, which is the continuation of his presence throughout time (Matt. 28:20), would be able to offer forgiveness to future generations." 

link: https://www.catholic.com/tract/the-forgiveness-of-sins

The Issue

This is non biblical and does not work.  Catholic people who work for this system do not have direct access to God on your behalf.  No one can self ordain themselves for that role.  It is hierarchical in nature and thus not of God.  God puts no man over another, that would eliminate his power to oversee your life directly.  What you have achieved is getting rid of God (of Abraham) and not the other way around.

Does this make some sort of sense Mat007?

Yes. But I'm not afraid that Jesus won't forgive me. I have thoughts that I might be as Damien from "The Omen". Of course, I go to Church and I pray, but I just often want to reassure myself that I still love Jesus. I just keep continue saying: "Jesus is the Messiah. Jesus is God. Jesus is my Lord."

13 hours ago, NOONE7 said:

Hello Mario sorry you are having these bad thoughts or ideas.  Truth be told from hearing testimonies of others and my own experience the enemy wants us to think our Lord and Savior JESUS does not love us and salvation is gone due to bad thoughts to make us feel unworthy/depression of His gift to us. Ignore that and turn to the LORD.  Probably should avoid these type of movies and see if that helps you as well.  As I will pray for you Mario, by faith in JESUS CHRIST I declare this one to be healed and liberated in JESUS name! Amen.

Thank you! God Bless!

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  11,715
  • Content Per Day:  4.59
  • Days Won:  106

2 hours ago, mat007 said:

Yes. But I'm not afraid that Jesus won't forgive me. I have thoughts that I might be as Damien from "The Omen". Of course, I go to Church and I pray, but I just often want to reassure myself that I still love Jesus. I just keep continue saying: "Jesus is the Messiah. Jesus is God. Jesus is my Lord."

Thank you! God Bless!

Amen brother! JESUS RULES!