• Topic Count:  49
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  433
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/24/1990

What verses are on your heart?

Philippians 1:21 

For to me to live is Christ and to die is gain.

Guest Judas Machabeus

Daily Readings
  • Reading (Tobit 2.9-14; 3.1)

At night I, Tobit, tired from burying the dead, washed myself and went into my courtyard and slept by the wall of the courtyard; and my face was uncovered because of the heat.

I did not know that there were sparrows on the wall; their fresh droppings fell into my eyes and produced white films. I went to physicians to be healed, but the more they treated me with ointments the more my vision was obscured by the white films, until I became completely blind.

At that time, also, my wife Anna earned money as a weaver. She used to send what she made to the owners and they would pay wages to her. One day, the seventh of Dystrus, when she cut off a piece she had woven and sent it to the owners, they paid her full wages and also gave her a young goat for a meal.

When she returned to me, the goat began to bleat. So I called her and said, “Where did you get this goat? It is surely not stolen, is it? Return it to the owners; for we have no right to eat anything stolen.” But she said to me, “It was given to me as a gift in addition to my wages.” But I did not believe her, and told her to return it to the owners. I became flushed with anger against her over this. Then she replied to me, “Where are your acts of charity? Where are your righteous deeds? These things are known about you!”

Then with much grief and anguish of heart I wept, and with groaning began to pray.

Responsorial Psalm (Psalm 112)

R.  The hearts of the just are secure, trusting in the Lord.

Happy are those who fear the Lord, who greatly delight in his commandments. Their descendants will be mighty in the land; the generation of the upright will be blessed. R.

They are not afraid of evil tidings; their hearts are firm, secure in the Lord. Their hearts are steady, they will not be afraid; in the end they will look in triumph on their foes. R.

They have distributed freely, they have given to the poor; their righteousness endures forever; their name is exalted in honour. R.

• Gospel (Mark 12.13-17)

Some Pharisees and some Herodians were sent to Jesus to trap him in what he said. And they came and said to him, “Teacher, we know that you are sincere, and show deference to no one; for you do not regard people with partiality, but teach the way of God in accordance with truth. Is it lawful to pay taxes to the emperor, or not? Should we pay them, or should we not?” But knowing their hypocrisy, Jesus said to them, “Why are you putting me to the test? Bring me a denarius and let me see it.” And they brought one. Then he said to them, “Whose head is this, and whose title?” They answered, “The emperor’s.”

Jesus said to them, “Give to the emperor the things that are the emperor’s, and to God the things that are God’s.” And they were utterly amazed at him.

< PrevA- A A+

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  13

15 hours ago, Yowm said:

that is, in Christ God was reconciling the world to himself, not counting their trespasses against them, and entrusting to us the message of reconciliation. (2Co 5:19)

My mind is blown every time I ponder that God, Creator of all, became man and suffered and died for our sins.

Grace is so amazing. Just to think that the very breath of God could destroy me in a second and rightfully so and yet he gives grace upon grace. Makes me want to serve him with all I got.

Wherefore he saith, awake thou that sleepest, and arise from the dead, and Christ shall give thee light.

Ephesians 5:14

Edited by Absolem

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  65
  • Topic Count:  105
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,568
  • Content Per Day:  1.38
  • Days Won:  7

22 hours ago, Absolem said:

What verses are on your heart?

Philippians 1:21 

For to me to live is Christ and to die is gain.

Hi Absolem, having God in our life is such an amazing gift. Thanks for sharing this verse. Blessings.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  65
  • Topic Count:  105
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,568
  • Content Per Day:  1.38
  • Days Won:  7

17 hours ago, Yowm said:

that is, in Christ God was reconciling the world to himself, not counting their trespasses against them, and entrusting to us the message of reconciliation. (2Co 5:19)

My mind is blown every time I ponder that God, Creator of all, became man and suffered and died for our sins.

Hi Yowm, I agree, when I take time, to think about God being our creator and allow myself time to marvel that God always was, even before the beginning, it is overwhelming. We are looking at the creation story at Children's Church this month. :) Blessings

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  958
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,646
  • Content Per Day:  5.04
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

Haven't read much today, some commentaries, some of my C A Criswell stuff. And, oh I did some video watching, working on singing Blue Christmas practicing doing Elvis' and Porky's versions of the song. I'm still pretty good at Elvis, but my Porky Pig is losing some of it's staccato. It's a slow rainy day here and  am waiting for some close family health issues to resolve so that  I may make a trip.

Edited by Neighbor

On 6/6/2017 at 5:40 PM, Neighbor said:

Haven't read much today, some commentaries, some of my C A Criswell stuff. And, oh I did some video watching, working on singing Blue Christmas practicing doing Elvis' and Porky's versions of the song. I'm still pretty good at Elvis, but my Porky Pig is losing some of it's staccato. It's a slow rainy day here and  am waiting for some close family health issues to resolve so that  I may make a trip.

Where to brother?

Morning,

Just around the countryside seeking a place for short retreat and will have  an anniversary honeymoon.  Thank you for asking. Am praying for travel safety, and for  proper recognition  of the leading of God in the matter, since we will also be considering a place for retreat where we will have some ownership. 

Not yet convinced that is God's plan for us.

I have always said when people have talked to me about retreat or Christian retreats, that I don't retreat. My child bride deserves a retreat though. So, I will look. And, we will honeymoon at lakes and rivers and mountains. We have already found a church near Murphy area for the first place we will rest.

I think we will make a few short trips at random times this near future to NH ME GA WV TN AK NC. As for right now between lightning and rainfalls I am dealing with  my own house maintenance. A reality check for sure! Do I really want more than one place to have to maintain-

My child bribe deserves a nice honeymoon anniversary,  so  off we will go soon, God willing, and the creek don't rise. Least not more than it has, and the roof doesn't leak, etc.

Prayer for travel safety will be greatly appreciated.

Edited by Neighbor

4 minutes ago, Neighbor said:

Morning,

Just around the countryside seeking a place for short retreat.  Thank you for asking. Prayer for travel safety, and for  proper recognition  of the leading of God in the matter, since we will also be considering a place for retreat where we will have some ownership. 

Not yet convinced that is God's plan for us.

I have always said when people have talked to me about retreat or Christian retreats, that I don't retreat. My child bride deserves a retreat though, so, I will look, and we will honeymoon at lakes and rivers and mountains and we have already found a church near Murphy area for the first place we will rest. I think we will make a few short trips at random times this near future to NH ME GA WV TN AK NC. As for right now between lightning and rainfalls I am dealing with  my own house maintenance. A reality check for sure! Do I really want more than one place to have to maintain-

My child bribe deserves a nice honeymoon anniversary,  so  off we go, God willing, and th creek don't rise. Least not more than it has, and the roof doesn't leak, etc.

Prayer for travel safety will be greatly appreciated.

I'll pry for ya man. May the Lord bless your travel plans and guide you in his will to the praise of his great name.

I wish I could travel as extensively as you are. Right now where trying to get moved back to NM.

Are you packed and going  or in planning stages?

What is pulling you back to NM? Hope and pray  that it is (going) well for you.

Edited by Neighbor