IGNORED

Why I use the KJV

KiwiChristian

2 hours ago, fixerupper said:

That's good because there are to many people ready to condemn those of us who don't believe in a trinity.  The deity is a bit of a different story, but neither are salvation issues.

I think you should look  long and hard  at evidence put forth  concerning the  deity Of Christ and the trinity. I have provided you with much to  study. The way to the Father is narrow and few make it.

Christ is :

de·i·ty
ˈdēədē,ˈdāədē/
noun
    • the creator and supreme being (in a monotheistic religion such as Christianity).
      noun: Deity; noun: the Deity

The deity and the trinity  are most definitely salvific issues. 
      Jesus is God.  John 8:24,John 8:58, John 10:30,
      Jesus says, for example, that He is “the first and the last” (Revelation 1:17, 22:13), which God the Father says in Isaiah 44:6.

Believing Jesus is God doesn’t mean there are multiple gods. It can be difficult to understand, but followers of Jesus believe in one God in three persons (God the Father, God the Son—Jesus, and the Holy Spirit). God is one but has three roles, just like a person today might be a father, an employee and a husband. Each person of God (the Father, Son and Holy Spirit) has a separate function, but all are united as one God—one in purpose, essence and nature, and equal in power and glory. There is one God, but He exists in three eternal, co-equal Persons, the same in substance, but distinct in subsistence. That sounds paradoxical, and it is impossible for our finite minds to grasp. But it is the clear revelation of Scripture. YOU MUST BE BORN AGAIN .

Christ sends the Holy Spirit at pentecost.  Here is a study.

The Holy Spirit teaches. One must be born again in Christ. God does not deny his written truth so therefore God does not save those who deny the deity or the Holy Spirit. 

You need the new birth so that you can understand and respond to spiritual truth.

1. There is a fundamental divide between the physical and the spiritual (3:6).

John 3:6: “That which is born of the flesh is flesh, and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.” Jesus draws a sharp line between physical birth and spiritual birth. By “flesh,” He is referring to human nature or the natural man. As we saw in Romans 5:12-19, because of Adam’s sin, we’re all born in sin, separated from God, and unable to submit to God (Rom. 8:6-8). Cute as they are, little babies are not born spiritually neutral, much less with an inclination toward God. We’re all born alienated from God and so we need God’s Spirit to impart spiritual life to us so that we can become God’s children. As John 1:12-13 says, “But as many as received Him, to them He gave the right to become children of God, even to those who believe in His name, who were born, not of blood nor of the will of the flesh nor of the will of man, but of God.”

There are many reasons that man will not surrender to the REAL Christ and the root is  SIN. Come with a humble and contrite heart. In other words; REPENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Your eternal soul depends on it!!!

Is Repentance Necessary for Salvation?

It is true that there are numerous Bible verses that speak of the promise of salvation, with no mention of repentance. These merely say to "believe" on Jesus Christ and you shall be saved (Acts 16:31; Romans 10:9). However, the Bible makes it clear that God is holy and man is sinful, and that sin makes a separation between the two (Isaiah 59:1,2). Without repentance from sin, wicked men cannot have fellowship with a holy God. We are dead in our trespasses and sins (Ephesians 2:1) and until we forsake them through repentance, we cannot be made alive in Christ.

The Scriptures speak of "repentance unto life" (Acts 11:18). We turn from sin to the Savior. This is why Paul preached "repentance toward God, and faith toward our Lord Jesus Christ" (Acts 20:21). The first public word Jesus preached was "repent" (Matthew 4:17). John the Baptist began his ministry the same way (Matthew 3:2). Jesus told His hearers that without repentance, they would perish (Luke 13:3).

If belief is all that is necessary for salvation, then the logical conclusion is that one need never repent. However, the Bible tells us that a false convert "believes" and yet is not saved (Luke 8:13); he remains a "worker of iniquity." Look at the warning of Scripture: "If we say that we have fellowship with him, and walk in darkness, we lie, and do not the truth" (1 John 1:6). The Scriptures also say, "He that covers his sins shall not prosper, but whoso confesses and forsakes them [repentance] shall have mercy" (Proverbs 28:13). Jesus said that there was joy in heaven over one sinner who "repents" (Luke 15:10). If there is no repentance, there is no joy because there is no salvation.

When Peter preached on the Day of Pentecost, he commanded his hearers to repent "for the remission of sins" (Acts 2:38). Without repentance, there is no remission of sins; we are still under His wrath. Peter further said, "Repent . . . and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out" (Acts 3:19). We cannot be "converted" unless we repent. God Himself "commands all men everywhere [leaving no exceptions] to repent" (Acts 17:30). Peter said a similar thing at Pentecost: "Repent, and be baptized every one of you" (Acts 2:38).

If repentance wasn’t necessary for salvation, why then did Jesus command that repentance be preached to all nations (Luke 24:47)? With so many Scriptures speaking of the necessity of repentance for salvation, one can only suspect that those who preach salvation without repentance are strangers to repentance themselves, and thus strangers to true conversion.: Living waters publications

The ABC’s Of Salvation

A. Christ DIED for you – Romans 5:8
B. Christ PAID your sins in Full – 2 Corinthians 5:21, 1 Peter 2:24
C. BELIEVE(Trust In Completely) on Christ ALONE for salvation – John 3:16, Acts 16:31, Ephesians 2:8,9, 1 Cor. 15:1-4

"Repent . . . and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out" (Acts 3:19)

“For the wages of sin is death(Eternal Torment In Hell & The Lake of Fire); But the Gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ Our Lord”. Romans 6:23

IT IS THAT SIMPLE – THE GOSPEL TRUTH

I pray you make the right decision. Amen

Blessings :) 

Edited by Guest

2 hours ago, fixerupper said:

I have no problems with Jesus being God, only that God is greater.  Whether Jesus is God or whether there is or isn't a trinity has no bearing on a persons salvation.

wrong

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  171
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  0

1 hour ago, fixerupper said:

That's good because there are to many people ready to condemn those of us who don't believe in a trinity.  The deity is a bit of a different story, but neither are salvation issues.

If someone doesn't know who Jesus is, how can they be born again?

The deity of Christ is one of the foundational doctrines of the Christian faith.

9 minutes ago, Blueyedjewel said:

I think you should look look and hard  at evidence put forth  concerning the  deity Of Christ and the trinity. I have provided you with much to  study. The way to the Father is narrow and few make it.

Christ is :

de·i·ty
ˈdēədē,ˈdāədē/
noun
    • the creator and supreme being (in a monotheistic religion such as Christianity).
      noun: Deity; noun: the Deity

Jesus says, for example, that He is “the first and the last” (Revelation 1:17, 22:13), which God the Father says in Isaiah 44:6.

Believing Jesus is God doesn’t mean there are multiple gods. It can be difficult to understand, but followers of Jesus believe in one God in three persons (God the Father, God the Son—Jesus, and the Holy Spirit). God is one but has three roles, just like a person today might be a father, an employee and a husband. Each person of God (the Father, Son and Holy Spirit) has a separate function, but all are united as one God—one in purpose, essence and nature, and equal in power and glory. There is one God, but He exists in three eternal, co-equal Persons, the same in substance, but distinct in subsistence. That sounds paradoxical, and it is impossible for our finite minds to grasp. But it is the clear revelation of Scripture. YOU MUST BE BORN AGAIN .

Christ sends the Holy Spirit at pentecost.  Here is a study.

The Holy Spirit teaches. One must be born again in Christ. God does not deny his written truth so therefore God does not save those who deny the deity or the Holy Spirit. 

You need the new birth so that you can understand and respond to spiritual truth.

1. There is a fundamental divide between the physical and the spiritual (3:6).

John 3:6: “That which is born of the flesh is flesh, and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.” Jesus draws a sharp line between physical birth and spiritual birth. By “flesh,” He is referring to human nature or the natural man. As we saw in Romans 5:12-19, because of Adam’s sin, we’re all born in sin, separated from God, and unable to submit to God (Rom. 8:6-8). Cute as they are, little babies are not born spiritually neutral, much less with an inclination toward God. We’re all born alienated from God and so we need God’s Spirit to impart spiritual life to us so that we can become God’s children. As John 1:12-13 says, “But as many as received Him, to them He gave the right to become children of God, even to those who believe in His name, who were born, not of blood nor of the will of the flesh nor of the will of man, but of God.”

There are many reasons that man will not surrender to the REAL Christ and the root is  SIN. Come with a humble and contrite heart. In other words; REPENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Your eternal soul depends on it!!!

Is Repentance Necessary for Salvation?

It is true that there are numerous Bible verses that speak of the promise of salvation, with no mention of repentance. These merely say to "believe" on Jesus Christ and you shall be saved (Acts 16:31; Romans 10:9). However, the Bible makes it clear that God is holy and man is sinful, and that sin makes a separation between the two (Isaiah 59:1,2). Without repentance from sin, wicked men cannot have fellowship with a holy God. We are dead in our trespasses and sins (Ephesians 2:1) and until we forsake them through repentance, we cannot be made alive in Christ.

The Scriptures speak of "repentance unto life" (Acts 11:18). We turn from sin to the Savior. This is why Paul preached "repentance toward God, and faith toward our Lord Jesus Christ" (Acts 20:21). The first public word Jesus preached was "repent" (Matthew 4:17). John the Baptist began his ministry the same way (Matthew 3:2). Jesus told His hearers that without repentance, they would perish (Luke 13:3).

If belief is all that is necessary for salvation, then the logical conclusion is that one need never repent. However, the Bible tells us that a false convert "believes" and yet is not saved (Luke 8:13); he remains a "worker of iniquity." Look at the warning of Scripture: "If we say that we have fellowship with him, and walk in darkness, we lie, and do not the truth" (1 John 1:6). The Scriptures also say, "He that covers his sins shall not prosper, but whoso confesses and forsakes them [repentance] shall have mercy" (Proverbs 28:13). Jesus said that there was joy in heaven over one sinner who "repents" (Luke 15:10). If there is no repentance, there is no joy because there is no salvation.

When Peter preached on the Day of Pentecost, he commanded his hearers to repent "for the remission of sins" (Acts 2:38). Without repentance, there is no remission of sins; we are still under His wrath. Peter further said, "Repent . . . and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out" (Acts 3:19). We cannot be "converted" unless we repent. God Himself "commands all men everywhere [leaving no exceptions] to repent" (Acts 17:30). Peter said a similar thing at Pentecost: "Repent, and be baptized every one of you" (Acts 2:38).

If repentance wasn’t necessary for salvation, why then did Jesus command that repentance be preached to all nations (Luke 24:47)? With so many Scriptures speaking of the necessity of repentance for salvation, one can only suspect that those who preach salvation without repentance are strangers to repentance themselves, and thus strangers to true conversion.: Living waters publications

The ABC’s Of Salvation

C. BELIEVE(Trust In Completely) on Christ ALONE for salvation – John 3:16, Acts 16:31, Ephesians 2:8,9, 1 Cor. 15:1-4

“For the wages of sin is death(Eternal Torment In Hell & The Lake of Fire); But the Gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ Our Lord”. Romans 6:23

IT IS THAT SIMPLE – THE GOSPEL TRUTH

I pray you make the right decision. Amen

Blessings :) 

Amen, jewel. Great post!

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  430
  • Content Per Day:  0.17

52 minutes ago, Swords99 said:

If someone doesn't know who Jesus is, how can they be born again?

The deity of Christ is one of the foundational doctrines of the Christian faith.

Who says that to know Jesus you have to believe he is God?  I'm not saying Jesus isn't God.  Only that God is greater.  The trinity is different than diety, and I certainly don't believe in it.

Even if someone doesn't believe Jesus is God, that doesn't mean they don't know who Jesus is.  Deity has nothing to do with being born again.

26 minutes ago, fixerupper said:

Who says that to know Jesus you have to believe he is God?  I'm not saying Jesus isn't God.  Only that God is greater.  The trinity is different than diety, and I certainly don't believe in it.

Even if someone doesn't believe Jesus is God, that doesn't mean they don't know who Jesus is.  Deity has nothing to do with being born again.

God the Father is not greater than God the Son. When the Son came to earth,  He temporarily lowered Himself in order to become a man so that he could die for the sins of the world. He has since returned to the glory he had always shared with the God the Father.

All the lexicons and hours of studying all these books,  cannot opens one's spiritual eyes of understanding. Only the Holy Spirit can do that.

Like blueeyedjewel said in  her post: "You need the new birth so that you can understand and respond to spiritual truth."

1 hour ago, Blueyedjewel said:

wrong

I'm not going to respond to your entire reply because it's just going to give me a more unfavorable opinion of Christians that I already have.  Three months ago that attitude is what inspired me to burned every bible and resource book I have had for 44 years.  Back then I backed out of taking a ministerial test because I could NOT find a Trinitarian formula in the bible.

Denying the Father AND the son, denying Jesus Christ bought us or confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh....are damnable heresies. Being anti-Christ has nothing to do with Jesus or the holy spirit being or not being God.  That's why I dislike the fundamentalist view of this.  John MacArthur is offensive in condemning people for this.

It's nice of you to quote supporting verses you say imply a trinity and deity are salvic issues.

John 8:24 I told you that you would die in your sins; if you do not believe that I am he, you will indeed die in your sins.”

If you don't believe Jesus is the Christ, you die in your sins.  That's the cross you have to believe in.  It doesn't imply that dying in your sins is a denial that Jesus is God. 

John 8:58 “Very truly I tell you,” Jesus answered, “before Abraham was born, I am!” 59 At this, they picked up stones to stone him, but Jesus hid himself, slipping away from the temple grounds.

I AM doesn't mean he is fully God.  Basically Jesus is saying he existed before Abraham, that's all.  That verse doesn't apply to salvation anyway!

My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all[c]; no one can snatch them out of my Father’s hand. 30 I and the Father are one.”

Jesus is talking about his sheep and how his FATHER gave them to him and how no one will take them away.  When Jesus said, "I and the Father are one" he wasn't implying one as the same in power, knowledge, and attributes, but of a union of mind and purpose.

Surrendering to Christ has nothing to do with deity or trinity.  Those things are UNDAMNABLE heresies.  So don't worry about it, you are not condemned, and neither am I over doctrine.  I won't surrender to a doctrine I know is false that the Catholic's devised in the 2nd-3rd century and were killing people for not believing it, and ONE THAT THE PROTESTANTS ACCEPTED!

If the trinity and deity were salvic issues it would be clearly stated in the bible but it's not.  

Explain to me why the holy spirit ISN'T found around the throne of God but Jesus and God IS?  And if he is a co-equal person as God and Jesus, what's his name?  And why did Jesus say God is greater.  If Jesus IS all knowing like God, that means that when He was in Heaven he was God and knew the day and hour of his return.  That means he must have forgoten it because Jesus said, "But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only.

Trinitarians don't agree on everything and differ in the definition of the word, and will even admit there's no clear Trinitarian formula in the Bible.  Jesus is called the “Son of God” more than 50 times in the Bible.  Not once is he called “God the Son.”  There are about 2 dozen solid reasons that debunk the trinity. Myself, I believe Jesus is God and only that God is greater.  I reject the Trinity doctrine because Jesus himself said he isn't co-equal with God.

The ABC’s Of Salvation

I believe that.

I believe that too.

I believe that too.  What Christ did alone....yes.

Absolutely I believe that.

I believe that the wages of sin is death too.

Thank God we have a plan of salvation!  So why are you condemning me and those of us who disagree with you about Deity and Trinity?

43 minutes ago, Swords99 said:

God the Father is not greater than God the Son. When the Son came to earth,  He temporarily lowered Himself in order to become a man so that he could die for the sins of the world. He has since returned to the glory he had always shared with the God the Father.

All the lexicons and hours of studying all these books,  cannot opens one's spiritual eyes of understanding. Only the Holy Spirit can do that.

Like blueeyedjewel said in  her post: "You need the new birth so that you can understand and respond to spiritual truth."

He lowered himself in position and glory, not any of his attributes.  Jesus said God is greater, and I believe him.  My Father is greater than I” (John 14:28  God said that He is “One God,”and I believe Him too.

• Group:  Members *
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  176
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  870
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Birthday:  01/22/1968

8 hours ago, fixerupper said:

I agree with that.  The KJV is simply the English version the original text.

You didnt read the post, did you?

If you did, you would not be showing your ignorance.

WHICH "original" text?

• Group:  Members *
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  176
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  870
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Birthday:  01/22/1968

46 minutes ago, fixerupper said:

I AM doesn't mean he is fully God.  

"I AM doesn't mean he is fully God.  "

Now we are on a different topic.

Yes, I AM _DOES_ mean Jesus is fully God.

Unless you believe that Jesus is God, you will not inherit the kingdom of God.

I'm actually not going to post anything else that proves Jesus' deity here because i want to stick to the original topic.

Happy to start another post.