Budman

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  407
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Days Won:  0

The reason I am questioning this, is because it says somewhere in the Bible that the Antichrist is going to be thrown into the Lake of Fire.........

So...if the Antichrist has no soul.......how could that happen????????

Good point. I had been mulling possibilities over in my mind, and that one just popped up. :emot-hug:

warm regards

-bud

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest D Smith

a clone is just a twin,,,there is no difference at all,,,,anyone who says different is in need of a bit more study,,,

turning clones into 2nd class people in some or any way is sinfull,,,You people need to really think about what you are saying,,

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  375
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  11,400
  • Content Per Day:  1.44
  • Birthday:  08/14/1971

a clone is just a twin,,,there is no difference at all,,,,anyone who says different is in need of a bit more study,,,

Well thus-far I have read a lot of opinions, but haven't seen much actual evidence that a clone is "just a twin." Where is the hard evidence of this?

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.95
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

a clone is just a twin

I personally can see your line of reasoning in this, I'll give you that.

What you seem to fail to see, however, is how scientist are treating clones, how clones are planned on being used, on what ramifications cloning can produce, and on and on.

Think - if your cells were used to create a clone, would you see the clone as your twin or your offspring?

Imagine you were a clone - how would you feel about that? That you are a product of genetic manipulation? Would it be simple for you to see yourself as the handiwork of God, or would you question that you were "fearfully and wonderfully made"?

See what I mean?

Guest D Smith

Ok,,,,'if I had a clone"

I can play that game,,,,

if I had a clone then the clone is my twin,,,it has every Right to Life as I have,,,it has every right to salvation as any other person,,,

a clone is just the same as my twin so that means I cant treat it any different than the way any christian person treats their own twin, their own brother

and thats the thing,,a clone of me is actually my brother,,,we might be alot alike on the outside, but we are our own person on the insides,,

We should treat them with Love and kindness, as we are to treat all others.

if my clone is a baby in my home, then I should treat the child with the same love I would have for a brother or sister or my own natural child...

There is no problem here at all,,,

Edited by D Smith

• Topic Count:  75
  • Content Count:  2,802
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Birthday:  06/01/1945

Greetings,

One of the most serious problems with cloning is IGNORANCE. Since man has yet to unravel the human genome and even the single cell amoeba has such a complex genome that it is doubtful man will ever unravel it. A "clone" is certainly an identical twin from whence it was received, but then there is a problem of the "telemeres" (which determine the number of cell replications yet to occur in a particular genome. Dolly was cloned from an adult sheep. Telemeres have a set number of cellular replications and as one ages, there are fewer and fewer "cell replications" remaining. Thus dolly aged very fast because of the "age" of the donor telemeres.

Also, because of the "age" of the genome, it too creates a problem. There are mechanisms within the genome to do a certain amount of self-repair, but eventually the genetic structure breaks down to a point that a person simply dies because of no or bad cellular replication.

So ideally the best donor for a clone would be from the earliest form of a human being, which in truth is at the zygote level, and at that stage, one would only have to split the zygote into however many "identical twins" a person wants and then implant them to go on and produce life. So why bother with cloning at all? No one has been able to extend life through the use of telemeres yet, and I doubt they ever will, although there is some speculation that one day that might happen.

Blessings,

Dad Ernie

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.95
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Ok,,,,'if I had a clone"

I can play that game,,,,

if I had a clone then the clone is my twin,,,it has every Right to Life as I have,,,it has every right to salvation as any other person,,,

D Smith -

You are missing the point.

We are not talking about how we ought to regard a cloned human.

We are talking about how scientists are regarding clones.

We are talking about how society might regard clones.

We are talking about how a clone might view his/herself.

Guest D Smith

No you are missing my point...

Im telling you how to view a clone....You should view your clone as your brother or sister,,,because thats what they are,,,,they are your twin....

The moment you try to say that a clone is "different" or lesser then you open the door to all kinds of evil ,,,

Im sure when people owned slaves in history , that they always were quick to point out how the slave was "different" in some way than the person who owned the slave...

It was not until most people understood the slave was infact a brother that the slave trade came to an end...

thats why Im telling you that unless you see your clone as equal to you and the same as a twin,, you dont understand what a clone is...

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  97
  • Content Count:  5,850
  • Content Per Day:  0.84
  • Birthday:  08/11/1911

No you are missing my point...

Im telling you how to view a clone....You should view your clone as your brother or sister,,,because thats what they are,,,,they are your twin....

The moment you try to say that a clone is "different" or lesser then you open the door to all kinds of evil ,,,

Im sure when people owned slaves in history , that they always were quick to point out how the slave was "different" in some way than the person who owned the slave...

It was not until most people understood the slave was infact a brother that the slave trade came to an end...

thats why Im telling you that unless you see your clone as equal to you and the same as a twin,, you dont understand what a clone is...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Your name isn't Dale is it?

I knew someone once , that shared your bizzare sense of reality

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  158
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Birthday:  01/12/1983

I wouldn't want a clone. I have too many physical problems. Plus I'm not that smart. I'm not dumb, I'm just not that smart. :emot-handshake: