• Group:  Royal Member *
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  91
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  10,596
  • Content Per Day:  3.69
  • Days Won:  25

10 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

Exactly, it is not what people think it is, and the federal gov't is always in the states' business anyway.   This is not putting out private info.  It is information that is already available for public view.  

They simply want to compare who voted to the list of eligible citizens registered to vote in order to get a clear picture of the number of illegals who voted.   States who allowed illegals to vote and didn't do a better job of screening them out, likely don't want to hand over that info to the fed. gov't.  They might have to answer some rather uncomfortable questions.

Do you not find it telling the one of the men heading up the commission is the SOS of Kansas and he himself said the state of Kansas will not comply with the request? 

And all the data in one spot is not readily available for the public to view.   You cannot go to the SOS and look at the last 4 of my SSN, my veteran status and DOB.

Also, once the government has all this data (if the states gave it to them) what do you think they will do with it?  It will all get stored in database that will never be erased and future Admins that you may not so gleefully trust will have access to it all. 

Also, I reject the idea that since the Fed Govt is already sticking their noses where it does not belong that justifies hancing over even more.  The end of that road is not a place any of us want to be. 

14 minutes ago, LadyKay said:

I can't understand why so many of you are so freely and willing okay with giving up your personal information. I feel as though I am slowing watching the downfall of American and all that she stands for unfold right in front of my eyes. 

I agree.  Once all this data is in one place it will be there forever, for whatever use they want, not to mention you know have the data for the whole nation in one spot, what happens when hackers get ahold of that treasure trove?

I have already gotten two letters from OPM telling me my information may have been compromised, I would not like to get a third. 

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  115
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0

Personal information in some voting districts is already in one place. The Voter Registration office. In my home town the first time I voted they handed me a card because it was the old button machine method. But I thought I placed the card in the machine and the vote was recorded on that. No, that wasn't it. I handed the card to the caretaker at the front of the booth. Every voting booth had such a person posted. 

Then I went behind the curtain and cast my votes. 

When I left I walked behind the booth to where the man had put my card. There was a stack of cards. Each card in order of voter appearance. And at the top of the card was our social security numbers. 

If the vote is anonymous why the SSN? 
From then on I brought a black magic marker and while walking to my voting booth marked out my SSN. I'd hand it to the attendant upside down. They never seemed to notice. One even smiled after he flipped it over and saw the edit. 

This country hasn't been on the up and up among the powers that be for a very long time. If ever really. 

1 hour ago, PageofGrace said:

Personal information in some voting districts is already in one place. The Voter Registration office....

And this is key.  If your voter registration office was hacked they would get the data for a couple hundred to maybe a couple thousands people.  That makes it not worth the effort.  But imagine the incentive if that same data for the entire nation was in one database at one location.  It would be a hackers paradise. 

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Content Count:  91
  • Content Per Day:  0.04

Seriously. Hackers, who I admire in one sense because they are genius with computers whereas I am lucky I can operate my computer with basic-self-taught. 

However, all this talk about national security in all these nations? And they're all in it together as the "united nations" already? With America being the founding nation of the U.N.. ? 
Come on! Hackers get the jam , the blame. But the governments that make the rules that identify what "freedom" is , by law you notice, are the real power. 

Remember Trump near the end of his campaign? Law and order! 

Look to Europe. Chaos. What's needed? Law and order. 

What if we the pleebs, the tax payers, are just playing our part? And the orderly, the rule makers, are setting the stepping stones we follow so as to be "law abiding citizens"?

23 minutes ago, Flowerwater said:

Seriously. Hackers, who I admire in one sense because they are genius with computers whereas I am lucky I can operate my computer with basic-self-taught. 

However, all this talk about national security in all these nations? And they're all in it together as the "united nations" already? With America being the founding nation of the U.N.. ? 
Come on! Hackers get the jam , the blame. But the governments that make the rules that identify what "freedom" is , by law you notice, are the real power. 

Remember Trump near the end of his campaign? Law and order! 

Look to Europe. Chaos. What's needed? Law and order. 

What if we the pleebs, the tax payers, are just playing our part? And the orderly, the rule makers, are setting the stepping stones we follow so as to be "law abiding citizens"?

Yes, seriously...hackers.  I have not one, but two letter from the Office of Personnel Management (OPM) informing me that both my military data and my civilian data "might have been compromised".   I really do not feel that the Fed Govt having the voter data for every individual in the nation is really a good idea.

And yet they do have it. Now what? 

Did you ever think that what we believe is "Freedom" , is defined by law as what it means to "be" free? 

5 minutes ago, Flowerwater said:

And yet they do have it. Now what? 

Did you ever think that what we believe is "Freedom" , is defined by law as what it means to "be" free? 

Now I have two separate credit monitoring companies watching my credit and have already stopped one attempt at ID theft.  

I had to get a new phone number because I was receiving upwards of 50 phishing calls a day. 

I have had to move banks and investment firms so that I had new account information other than what was stolen due to incompetence by the people tasked with keeping my and every veteran's information safe.

You were a number when you were born. 

Amazing isn't it? 

When I was born parents had to apply for their newborns SSN. Now, it is issued at live birth. It's a serial number you know. 

I put a freeze on my credit report years ago. For free. 
Then that company that comes along and charges something like 20$ for the same thing, Life Lock it's called, got the top three credit reporting agencies attention. Now they charge to freeze your credit report. 

Think about that. Credit report. Can you be trusted to borrow what is counterfeit money, no gold standard backing since the 30's , all printed money through the Federal reserve bank is paper, so as to repay what you say you need to survive? 

Wasn't it Jefferson? Who condemned in his time what is today the FRB?