IGNORED

Never Thought I'd Have an Affair

Guest bbs71

Guest Zcopeman

bbs71,

I just would like to recommend that you check out www.focusonthefamily.com

They have things to help people with marital problems, and possibly a phone number to contact a counselor to speak with. I know that I listened to the radio broadcast 2 days ago, and it was on troubled marriages, and how God restored some troubled marriages. Some had the same situation which your facing. I hope that this may have been some help for you, and I'll pray for you :( .

Guest Falling

Hey BBs,

I am glad you came to confess today, I understand completely what your going through. I am looking for a little support too.

I have been married for 11 years and I had an affair with a coworker this year. I ended it because the guilt and my distance from God ate me up inside.

the people here helped me get the strength to do that. My husband experienced a miracle that helped him to confront me and forgive me.

I had to tell him everything. It was humilitating. I realized everything I shared with the other man I had taken from my husband, the trust, the friendship, the little stuff the love and our commitment.

I have been trying to continue the way I vowed, God helps me. I have to pray everyday for strength.

I do not think my husband can accept it was more than just a nasty mistake.

I was close to this person for 9 months and still see him every week and it is very hard to stop feelings, but I see it degrading my family when I think about it

I will pray for God to intervene for you because you have admitted your weakness, and sought to become right with him.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  128
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,946
  • Content Per Day:  0.28
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  06/06/1979

Hey BBs,

I am glad you came to confess today, I understand completely what your going through.  I am looking for a little support too.

I have been married for 11 years and I had an affair with a coworker this year.  I ended it because the guilt and my distance from God ate me up inside.

the people here helped me get the strength to do that.  My husband experienced a miracle that helped him to confront me and forgive me.

I had to tell him everything.  It was humilitating.  I realized everything I shared with the other man I had taken from my husband, the trust, the friendship, the little stuff the love and our commitment.

I have been trying to continue the way I vowed, God helps me.  I have to pray everyday for strength.

I do not think my husband can accept it was more than just a nasty mistake.

I was close to this person for 9 months and still see him every week and it is very hard to stop feelings, but I see it degrading my family when I think about it

I will pray for God to intervene for you because you have admitted your weakness, and sought to become right with him.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Wow, and I thought I was the only one that has had this happened. I pray for everyone! In time with positiveness and God's strength, it does get better!

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  16
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  41
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

Tell no one more of this,,,,

End this affair......speak no more to anyone about it as long as you live...

NEVER confess this to your husband...

Never confess this to anyone you work with or with anyone in your family....

Burry this down deep in your soul and NEVER let it out again!!!!!!!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

carrying that burden in your heart is not what is best to do. its healthy and when you look back to it, may even cause depression.

what i would do is speak to my pastor, and have him listen and have him pray with you for forgiveness. at the peak of your marriage, confess to your husband and tell (and SHOW!) to him that you feel guilty and only want him to be the man in your life

Guest D Smith

I wrote that back in March, and many things to support it after that date too...

I guess I should say once more why my advice is the only best advice that will work, however I would only end up saying things I have already written well on already...

I will only add this time that I stand fully behind all that I have written , and that my advice protects the family...

I'm not interested at all with the guilty party feeling "healthy" by attempting to transfer the burden onto others who had no fault in this at all..

Yes, this means that the burden will stay with the guilty person forever,,,,"Too Bad"

If the sin is in the past, then there is no reason in the world to drag this into the future by telling the husband and wreaking his life,,,,,

If the guilty party in this marriage wants to confess, then the Lord is always listening, and there are churches with pastors that are sworn to never speak to others what is said in confession...

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  97
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,850
  • Content Per Day:  0.84
  • Birthday:  08/11/1911

I wrote that back in March, and many things to support it after that date too...

I guess I should say once more why my advice is the only best advice that will work, however I would only end up saying things I have already written well on already...

I will only add this time that I stand fully behind all that I have written , and that my advice protects the family...

I'm not interested at all with the guilty party feeling "healthy" by attempting to transfer the burden onto others who had no fault in this at all..

Yes, this means that the burden will stay with the guilty person forever,,,,"Too Bad"

If the sin is in the past, then there is no reason in the world to drag this into the future by telling the husband and wreaking his life,,,,,

If the guilty party in this marriage wants to confess, then the Lord is always listening, and there are churches with pastors that are sworn to never speak to others what is said in confession...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I would say that you've shown how much you've grown :cool:

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  26
  • Content Count:  1,672
  • Content Per Day:  0.23

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Give me a break! I will say what I have said before too and that is you shouldn't be dishing out "advice" that is not biblical. How 'bout you take some time to examine what God's word is on the subject before you propose this "advice" as the "only best advice that will work". It's rediculous. Or at least...if you're not suggesting this advice is Biblical then please note that so all reading can take it with a grain of salt.

Guest D Smith

If the sin is in the past, then there is no reason in the world to drag this into the future by telling the husband and wreaking his life, Learning what has happened will kill him, don't kid yourself about that,,,there will be real harm done to a person who has done nothing wrong and deserves to be protected.

I cant wave my hands and back-up time to make this wife not run around on her husband, oh I wish I could, but cant.

but I can offer advice that picks up the story where it is right now, and works to bring both the husband and the wife to a better future. There is really no point in sinking this marriage is a sea of guilt and anger....If the wife gets careless and speaks to ANYONE about her sins of the past that is a non-professional, she risks harming the one person in the world she is most sent into the world to protect. Her husband.

If the guilty party in any marriage wants to confess, then the Lord is always listening, and there are churches with pastors that are sworn to never speak to others what is said in confession...

Edited by D Smith

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  97
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,850
  • Content Per Day:  0.84
  • Birthday:  08/11/1911

If the sin is in the past, then there is no reason in the world to drag this into the future by telling the husband and wreaking his life,  Learning what has happened will kill him, don't kid yourself about that,,,there will be real harm done to a person who has done nothing wrong and deserves to be protected.

I cant wave my hands and back-up time to make this wife not run around on her husband, oh I wish I could, but  cant.

but I can offer advice that picks up the story where it is right now, and works to bring both the husband and the wife to a better future.  There is really no point in sinking this marriage is a sea of guilt and anger....If the wife gets careless and speaks to ANYONE about her sins of the past that is a non-professional, she risks harming the one person in the world she is most sent into the world to protect. Her husband.

If the guilty party in any marriage wants to confess, then the Lord is always listening, and there are churches with pastors that are sworn to never speak to others what is said in confession...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'll bet yer losing all kinds of sleep over this. Go on, find yourself another topic :thumbsup:

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  16
  • Content Count:  49
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  03/08/1987

i agree do find another topic...?