IGNORED

Question about killing...

Guest Reltih

Guest Bro David™
I worried and struggled with this question for a long time. In fact I asked about it here last quite some time ago.

I was in the Marines and fought in Desert Storm. I was a machine-gunner, so you can figure out what I did.

It is something that is hard to deal with, and you never quit thinking about it. But I do believe that fighting in a war, or self-defense, is quite different in God's eyes than simply murdering someone.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

From one army dude to another.. AMEN!!

I can't even bear making my dogs feel any pain.

But without batting an eyelid I will stand and fight for my country.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  38
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,790
  • Content Per Day:  0.25
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  11/15/1968

It is not murder when you kill another human being:

1. In defense of your nation

2. When someone threatens grave bodily harm to your loved ones

3. When someone threatens grave bodily harm to another human being

It is murder when you kill another human being:

1. Because you felt like it

2. Because it's convenient

3. Because they're too old, sick, or unable to care for themselves

4. While committing an act of aggression that's also a sin

5. While committing any sin

6. Because you don't want the child

7. Because it seemed like fun

8. Because you were angry

Being in the military and in law enforcement, it's something I pray I never have to do, but prepared to do if necessary.

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  78
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

Didn't they bring swords (1or2)to be counted as transgressors, to fulfill scripture? When Peter used the sword he was stopped. Where in the NT was anyone called to defend themselves physically? This question i have been battling for several years now. Like many males I have this love for weapons, both antique and modern. It would be convenient and only natural to want to defend ourselves, but i'm not so sure we are to.

Guest D Smith

what we should always keep in mind...

Jesus never once asked army guys who became one of his believers to stop working in the army.

Paul was actually chained to army guys and guards and he never once asked the guards or army guys to quite and become something else.

Jesus and Paul both seem to understand that this world is filled with very evil men that will prey on us if there is no army around to protect us from them. But what does come out in the words of jesus and Paul is that no matter what our job is (army guy or ditch digger or whatever,) that we should do everything we do as an offering onto the Lord.

There is no duty in our jobs that we carry out, that we cant turn and use a gift to the Lord with. Whatever you do an an army guy, do so with the full understanding that the Lord is watching every step you take.

If you are call to fight to defend your brothers, then do so as best you can. be wise and smart not foolish. Respect the job God has given you as you load your weapon. Understand when you rise in the morning that you are being watched by a great company of witnesses and that your mistakes carry weight .