• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  115
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  8,281
  • Content Per Day:  1.12
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  10/30/1955

In response to the Minute Man Project (where UNARMED U.S. citizens are watching for and reporting to the Border Patrol, illegal aliens), Mexican President Vincente Fox has announced he is sending 1,000 Mexican soldiers to the border.

I'VE HAD ABOUT ENOUGH OUTTA' THIS BIG-MOUTH!

How about we send 10,000 of our own troops to the border in response?

Well, it's a good idea, but with GW Bush's compromising tone on the issue, that'll never happen.

I've already written, and told the Mexican consulate, that although I always love to visit Mexico, this hostile action has caused me to rethink my upcoming vacation, and all my tourist dollars are going to stay in the USA. I would ask anyone who goes to Mexico, to also write the Mexican consular officials in their area.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  97
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,850
  • Content Per Day:  0.84
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  08/11/1911

Forget Mexico

C'mon up to Canada, eh :noidea:

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  331
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  8,713
  • Content Per Day:  1.20

I guess I just don't see the problem with an open border policy...inspect and legalize them all. If they are criminals or have a bad record, throw them back to Mexico. But let the hard working ones come on over. IN all reality, they are not taking our jobs...

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  627
  • Content Per Day:  0.09

I really don't see what's wrong with letting these people come here. I worked as a chef and baker for years, alongside many mexicans and I never, ever met one who was not working his hardest 100% of the time. Its truly amazing these guys would work 16-20 hours days 6-7 days a week and they never seemed to tire. This is much, much more than I can say for my American coworkers. If we legalize them, make sure they are getting paid what they should be, they will only take our jobs if they are better at them than we are. That's a healthy competetive market, and it is not a bad thing.

:noidea:

I really don't see what's wrong with letting these people come here.  I worked as a chef and baker for years, alongside many mexicans and I never, ever met one who was not working his hardest 100% of the time.  Its truly amazing these guys would work 16-20 hours days 6-7 days a week and they never seemed to tire.  This is much, much more than I can say for my American coworkers.  If we legalize them, make sure they are getting paid what they should be, they will only take our jobs if they are better at them than we are.  That's a healthy competetive market, and it is not a bad thing.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  335
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Birthday:  01/27/1975

I'd have to agree with M55 and SuperJew, there is no reason to keep mexicans from coming to work here provided they are run through a standard background check. I do think however we should more tightly control the borders.

Make it easier for workers to enter the country legally and tighten up border security would work.

All the Mexicans that work in the States are probably displacing all the Americans working in Canada

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  335
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Birthday:  01/27/1975

I doubt it, most americans working in Canada are professionals. I'll have to dig up the article I read a while back , but I read somewhere that well over 60% of US Workers working in Canada are professionals.

Proffessional what?

Most of the tourist destinations in Ontario are owned by americans.

A lot of American companies set up in Canada to get tax breaks.

Anybody who has a job is a professional. I was kidding about the displacement thing, however you must admit that it seems unfair that Americans can relocate all over the world with ease and everybody jumps on the Mexicans.

• Topic Count:  375
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  11,400
  • Content Per Day:  1.44
  • Birthday:  08/14/1971

What's the problem with an open boarder policy?

For one thing the greater majority of those immigrants coming to America are used to living well below the poverty level. And whether you believe it or not, they are taking jobs away from American citizens, because they are willing to work a lot longer for a lot less. And companies that hire illegals exploit them: They don't have to pay taxes on illegals; they are not required to pay health insurance, and they are not required to provide safe work environments. Many illegals have become a burden on local economies as well, because often what little money they do make does not remain in the United States, but goes back to Mexico. And I know I'm probably going to get branded for this, but yes, illegals do abuse the welfare systems in the boarder states. Not because they are lazy, but because the work is limited and not consistent, and the pay is horrible. And because the companies that hire illegals do not have to provide health insurance, they also use the states' free clinics.

So opening the boarders would only make these situaitions worse. Of course, Fox wants the boarders open so that the trafficing of illegal substances can mover more freely, and he can get his little kickbacks from the Mexican gangs and Columbian drug lords. Plus it would alleviate some of his country's financial burdens as well, namely those that would quickly become the financial burdens of Americans.