• Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  104
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  06/28/1993

The Presence of God

We know that God is omnipresent, which means God is everywhere. David said in (Psalms 139:7-8 NKJV) Where can I go from Your Spirit? Or where can I flee from Your presence? {8} If I ascend into heaven, You are there; If I make my bed in hell, behold, You are there. God is with us, His presence is very near us and as Christians He is in us. (Acts 17:27-28 NKJV) {27} “so that they should seek the Lord, in the hope that they might grope for Him and find Him, though He is not far from each one of us; {28} “for in Him we live and move and have our being, as also some of your own poets have said, ‘For we are also His offspring.’ (Colossians 1:17 NKJV) And He is before all things, and in Him all things consist. (Proverbs 15:3 NKJV) The eyes of the LORD are in every place, Keeping watch on the evil and the good.

Since God is present everywhere, when we talk about the presence of God we are really talking about the realization of God’s presence, the perceiving of His presence, becoming conscious of His presence. (Genesis 28:16 NKJV) Then Jacob awoke from his sleep and said, “Surely the LORD is in this place, and I did not know it.” God reveals Himself to those that seek Him earnestly. (Deuteronomy 4:29 NKJV) “But from there you will seek the LORD your God, and you will find Him if you seek Him with all your heart and with all your soul. As always God desires that we seek to come near Him and when we do then He reveals Himself to us. (James 4:8 NKJV) Draw near to God and He will draw near to you. Cleanse your hands, you sinners; and purify your hearts, you double-minded.

It seems that when we are at our low points in life and it feels that God is a million miles away then we turn our focus on Him and immediately we are filled with the presence of His peace and comfort. (Psalms 34:18 NKJV) The LORD is near to those who have a broken heart, And saves such as have a contrite spirit. I believe that God is always quick to respond at our lowest point for two reasons first because He is the God of compassion and gets pleasure from His compassion flowing to us, rescuing us from despair. The second reason is because when we are at our lowest point we seek God with our whole heart and soul, He becomes our only focus, our only hope. (Psalms 46:1 NKJV) God is our refuge and strength, A very present help in trouble.

We enter into God’s presence by preparing our heart. As we come close to the Lord immediately the Holy Spirit reveals any unforgiven sin to us. Then we confess our sin to the Lord and accept His loving mercy and forgiveness. (Acts 3:19 NKJV) “Repent therefore and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, so that times of refreshing may come from the presence of the Lord. The word refreshing means recovery of breath or revival, true revival begins with repentance, and then we become renewed and restored by the Holy Spirit, the breath of life. (Psalms 51:10-12 NKJV) Create in me a clean heart, O God, And renew a steadfast spirit within me. {11} Do not cast me away from Your presence, And do not take Your Holy Spirit from me. {12} Restore to me the joy of Your salvation, And uphold me by Your generous Spirit.

There is a wonderful joy in salvation that comes from our inner most being where God dwells in our heart. (Psalms 16:11 NKJV) You will show me the path of life; In Your presence is fullness of joy; At Your right hand are pleasures forevermore. His refreshing brings love, peace, and joy that could only come from God even when we are surrounded by trouble on the outside we can enter into His presence and have rest and security. (Exodus 33:14 NKJV) And He said, “My Presence will go with you, and I will give you rest.”

(Psalms 31:19-20 NKJV) Oh, how great is Your goodness, Which You have laid up for those who fear You, Which You have prepared for those who trust in You In the presence of the sons of men! {20} You shall hide them in the secret place of Your presence From the plots of man; You shall keep them secretly in a pavilion From the strife of tongues. The secret place of the Most High is the presence of God. (Psalms 91:1-2 NKJV) He who dwells in the secret place of the Most High Shall abide under the shade of the Almighty. {2} I will say of the LORD, “He is my refuge and my fortress; My God, in Him I will trust.”

After our sins are forgiven we can come closer into God’s presence by thanksgiving, praise, and worship. (Psalms 100:2-5 NKJV) Serve the LORD with gladness; Come before His presence with singing. {3} Know that the LORD, He is God; It is He who has made us, and not we ourselves; We are His people and the sheep of His pasture. {4} Enter into His gates with thanksgiving, And into His courts with praise. Be thankful to Him, and bless His name. {5} For the LORD is good; His mercy is everlasting, And His truth endures to all generations.

Salvation through Jesus Christ gives us the right to enter into God’s presence. Confession and repentance of our sins prepares us to enter into His presence. Thanksgiving unto God takes us in the gate and by praise we enter into His court. But it is love that unites us with Him. (1 John 4:16 NKJV) …God is love, and he who abides in love abides in God, and God in him. When we dwell in love we dwell in God and Him in us. That is the secret place of the Most High.

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.26
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

OOPSY,  i think the other day i said SING it sister ,  you aint no sister.   OR maybe it was another person.

WELL SING IT LOUD and PRAISE THE LORD BROTHER.

• Haha 1

• Group:  Junior Member

Amen

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  967
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,805
  • Content Per Day:  5.05
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

Interesting, promising too! 

Yet, I think I shall not seek out to be in despair in hope God will be there revealing Himself. Just as I do not sin so  that  grace shall increase. I much rather be led in the Spirit by experience of many joyous events, and  also within the very quiet times of prayer and just thinking and reading the word of God.

God is indeed always with me as the Holy Spirit  God is within me. The Spirit hears my prayers and even groans out my need with too low to be understood prayers in my behalf, prayers of intercession.  

Note: Simply  emphasizing God the Holy Spirit, not excluding the sacrifical work and awesome promise made and kept by my savior Jesus, nor ignoring  God the Father of my savior who so loved even me that He gave his only Son Jesus the Christ that I may live eternally with Him and be seen washed white as snow in His sight.

Nice subject, uplifting. Thanks

• Group:  Junior Member

All Glory to the LORD

• This is Worthy 1