• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,453
  • Content Per Day:  0.53
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  09/23/1991

1 hour ago, LPTSTR said:

I dont believe/hope in prayer answers anymore but I pray for you and me anyways just in case God exists.

Sorry, but if you don't believe and come to him in faith then how will he hear you? God expects faith, and faith in this case is believing what we do not see.

"But without faith it is impossible to please Him, for he who comes to God must believe that He is, and that He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him." - Hebrews 11:6

Some say "I asked and did not receive", then maybe what they asked was not good for themselves. We all must be satisfied with what God wants for us at the moment, giving thanks for what we have now and expect, believe, that things will get better, not in our own ways or desires, but God's. Because the plans of God for us are better than anything we could plan ourselves.

"You ask and do not receive, because you ask amiss, that you may spend it on your pleasures." - James 4:3

"Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and He will lift you up." - James 4:10

God bless you!

• This is Worthy 1
  • Loved it! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  139
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,228
  • Content Per Day:  1.23
  • Days Won:  0

Hi Harry's Girl ; just found this post.

yes I can so relate, I also lost my parents at a relatively early age. My father when i was 13 years and my mom when i was 38 years.

What is left of family ( is an atheist brother) who lives completely by different sets of morals.

So I to have no real family of origin left in my life.

I enjoyed reading you and also many answers from other posters that have given great advice and great biblical passages.

I am middle age and still single. Like you I met a lot of (non christian) Mr. wrongs and mainly when you are a christian its not always easy to find a good christian man. At least that has been the case with me.  And trying to change a man into a christian is not an easy thing to do,( I would not recommend it -been there done that-) because, if the Holy Spirit of God does not lead them to Him, you certainly will not.

Because of my own past, I have also been more attracted to bad boys. ( because bad boys are unattainable) And this goes perfect with my  abandonment issues and my problem also of being afraid to get to close with anybody)  But in the playing/finding a mate process,  part of the things for me was to bring them to God. -Big mistake and a lot of set backs to get back unto my good stable footing with God.

I have had to go through a lot of my own personal healing. And i had to go through it on my own.

Its only in the quietness of your own being and with God, that God is abled to heal us of our past and of our past grief from our initial family. At least this has been the case for me.

Now i desire more than anything a good christian man,( no more bad boys) but only if God places one good man in my life. If not, I am now totally content with my single life, have enough hobbies and interests that keep me occupied. I don't place so much importance on people making me happy anymore like i once did.

I have learned to place my trust in God and He is the ONE who is restoring me and bringing me peace , joy, and comfort, despite being alone and really with no family other than my animals.

Anyhow, what has been written so far I have had to come to learn on my own, through the school of hard knocks.

God is the only One who will fulfill your heart and give you peace.

If you are miserable alone, you will also be miserable with someone, especially if you have has not completely made the Lord your God  ruler over all of your life.

I can understand however if you are still young in your twenties or thirties or even early forties, the time is ticking for making a family of your own, ( I myself at one point panicked about this and placed myself in a position to meet the wrong person for me) but like others said if its not in Gods plans for you, it is for a reason.

I made the mistake of following my own will a couple of years ago in 2010, looking for Mr. right 9 again another bad boy, mr.wrong).( As i saw it, it was my last chance to make a family of my own) He was not a christian, and with many red flag warnings from the Lord. I could have saved myself a lot of heartache, that I consequently had to go through. Had I listened to God warning me, not to proceed further, it would have spared me a lot of grief and also a lot of effort that i later had to go through to get myself back into good footing with the Lord.

So just to say, you are not alone being alone and that God is always with you. and thank goodness for social resources that can help us ( like here on "worthy") that can
 encourage us to keep on looking forward in our christian walk with the Lord.

May God love, keep and protect you always;

1 to 3

Edited by 1to3
  • Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  4
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

On 10/1/2017 at 7:58 AM, LPTSTR said:

I understand you.  I dont believe/hope in prayer answers anymore but I pray for you and me anyways just in case God exists.

Since LPTSTR keeps asking for a wife and Harry's Girl keep asking for a husband, maybe you two can come together.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Brilliant! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Content Count:  9,606
  • Content Per Day:  3.97
  • Days Won:  21

Aramaic Bible in Plain English
“And everyone who gives one of these little ones a cup of cold water only to drink, in the name of a disciple, amen, I say to you, he will not lose his reward.” 

LPTSTR Great job. 

So you gave of yourself in the hope of being heard; but you did it also for one of the Lord's little ones. (Harry's girl)

The Hound of Heaven has no doubt picked up on your scent!

• Haha 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  33
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  171
  • Content Per Day:  0.05

9 hours ago, Justin Adams said:

So you gave of yourself in the hope of being heard; but you did it also for one of the Lord's little ones. (Harry's girl)

Let's see. If God exists anything is possible, if God doesnt exist then it's just a hope and nothing more...

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Content Count:  9,606
  • Content Per Day:  3.97
  • Days Won:  21

8 minutes ago, LPTSTR said:

Let's see. If God exists anything is possible, if God doesnt exist then it's just a hope and nothing more...

I suppose you could say that.
But in my mind the Lord God created 'hope'. So I think that if you have HOPE, then maybe that is a very good beginning... of faith perhaps.

After all, "...faith is the substance of thing hoped for; the the evidence of things not seen.."

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  51
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

Sister in Christ may our our Father in heaven minister healing and freedom to you from the loss of your parent. May He also minister healing grace into your wounded heart as well. May those soul ties be broken in Jesus name and wholeness ministered into your life. May the peace of Jesus fill your heart and restore your hope!

• Thumbs Up 2