• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  297
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  5,586
  • Content Per Day:  0.69
  • Days Won:  1

Dear arron,

I DO understand what you are saying about the feelings of bitterness, but those are the harvest of bitter roots among you. In other words, the feelings are what are produced from bitter root.

Deut. 29:19 and so it may not happen, when he hears the words of this curse, that he blesses himself in his heart, saying, 'I shall have peace, even though I follow the dictates of my heart'--

What it boils down to, is a bitter root among you, is one who follows the "dictates of his own heart" rather than God. This will corrupt in regard to sin, and in regard to "bad feelings" that bitterness that you are referring to. But, in context of what the term means in Scripture, it's referring to one who doesn't yield to God and does his own desires.

In His Love,

Suzanne

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  109
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

I think the bitter root are those who bring contention and strife. Knowing that the word is sent for comfort and instruction, there are those who work to pervert the word of God. Taking the word into their own understanding, while refusing to hear the true admonishment.

Rev 10:8

And the voice which I heard from heaven spake unto me again, and said, Go and take the little book, which is open in the hand of the angel, which standeth upon the sea and upon the earth.

Rev 10:9

And I went unto the angel, and said unto him, Give me the little book. And he said unto me, Take it, and eat it up; and it shall make thy belly bitter, but it shal be in they mouth sweet as honey.

Everlasting,

Moon over Key Biscayne

:laugh:

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  50
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

a root of bitternes starts out with a seed sown. when it begins to sprout the roots bein to groe. that is when we need to dig it up if it if it is not the right kind of thing to be growing. dont let any bitterness get in your heart

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,220
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  03/18/1966

a root of bitternes starts out with a seed sown. when it begins to sprout the roots bein to groe. that is when we need to dig it up if it if it is not the right kind of thing to be growing. dont let any bitterness get in your heart

Hi...another meaning to look at when it comes to the "seed" is this scripture...

matthew 6:22

The lamp of the body is the eye. If therefore your eye is good your whole body will be full of light. But if your eye is bad your whole body will be full of darkness. If therefore the light is in you is darkness, how great is that darkness.

when our own heart dictates then we go astray and this "seed of bitterness" is planted and we arent obeying God. I can see where your coming from on this Arron. Very good topic Suzanne!

des

thanks desi

• Topic Count:  105
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,131
  • Content Per Day:  0.45

Rev 8:10 And the third angel sounded, and a great star burning like a lamp fell from the heaven, and it fell on the third part of the rivers and on the fountains of waters.

Rev 8:11 And the name of the star is called Wormwood, and a third part of the waters became wormwood. And many men died from the waters, because they were made bitter.

I do not know why but I always think of this Scripture when bitterness is talked about... :thumbsup:

Dear tah,

I do too. I think it's the end of the whole thing, and would seem applicable.......... It's the final outcome of a bitterroot, isn't it?

In His Love,

Suzanne

well either way we better not let the root of bitterness grow up in us right

right! :whistling:

In His Love,

Suzanne

everlasting... the verses you quoted have nothing to do with the root of bitterness un less you are saying and i pray you are not the OD gave HIS abgels roots off bitterness to the people. this vers means if he did not preach it it would make his belly bitter, but whenhe preached it would be sweet. the root of bitterness is omething we let grow , a thought or a idea bout someone and then we began to hate them