IGNORED

Roman Catholic Church Unknown In Holy Writ!

Arthur Durnan

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

When I said dead I meant those that are no longer living but I understand what you are saying. I think this whold thing with the pope is out of control. I don't mean to sound disrespectful but they seem to thrive on worship of the people. Scary.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  59
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

Rusty I 100% agree. I knew what you were saying and I don't believe that people go to heaven or hell when they die but I've already "been there, done that" on 2 other threads.

I am exceptionally bothered by the term "holy father" and "vicar of christ"

I don't like it. But.....what am I to do?

I was just hoping for something for Fiosh and I to agree on.

I don't like to debate people and when I feel it starts to get "yucky" I prefer to make peace.

I like it here and I don't want to get kicked off because I am a minority.

:thumbsup:

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  73
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,663
  • Content Per Day:  0.52

When I said dead I meant those that are no longer living but I understand what you are saying.  I think this whold thing with the pope is out of control.  I don't mean to sound disrespectful but they seem to thrive on worship of the people.  Scary.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Let me try another approach.

See, here's the thing, you guys just look at it from a totally different perspective than I do.

Imagine this scenario:

You are leaving the Wal-Mart. As you walk thru the parking lot you see a woman holding a small child upside-down dangling by one leg. She is beating the stuffing out of him. You are appalled!

You race over to help the child. Before you can get there, you see her take the child in her arms and lovingly hold him close, covering him with kisses.

You are baffled.

When you ask her what is going on, she replies that her young son was choking, and the Heimlach didn't work. So, she tried the old-fashioned way, and turned him upside-down and smacked him repeatedly on the back.

It worked.

This actually happened to me. The guy was ready to call the police until I explained.

What does that have to do with anything?

Perspective.

(I shared this before in another thread, but maybe you didn't see it)

When I enter my church, there is a life-sized Crucifix on the wall. (a cross with the image of Jesus on it). Every time I pass it, I kiss my fingertips and press them to the nails in His feet.

Anyone watching might think, "Egads! She's worshiping idols!"

But, when I do this, I fully realize that the Crucifix is only wood & plaster.

It is a symbolic gesture. In my heart, I say to the real Jesus who lives in me, "My Jesus forgive me for putting that nail in your feet. I love you with all my heart".

Perspective.

No one can see what is in my heart.....but Jesus.

Many RCC practices are like that. We understand what we are doing. You guys don't get it. Like I said, "It's a Catholic thing".

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  375
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  11,400
  • Content Per Day:  1.44
  • Birthday:  08/14/1971

Rusty I 100% agree.

You are leaving the Wal-Mart. As you walk thru the parking lot you see a woman holding a small child upside-down dangling by one leg. She is beating the stuffing out of him. You are appalled!

You race over to help the child. Before you can get there, you see her take the child in her arms and lovingly hold him close, covering him with kisses.

You are baffled.

When you ask her what is going on, she replies that her young son was choking, and the Heimlach didn't work. So, she tried the old-fashioned way, and turned him upside-down and smacked him repeatedly on the back.

It worked.

This actually happened to me. The guy was ready to call the police until I explained.

Oh my!! That must have been horrible!!

When I enter my church, there is a life-sized Crucifix on the wall. (a cross with the image of Jesus on it). Every time I pass it, I kiss my fingertips and press them to the nails in His feet.

I see nothing wrong with this. My issue is when people bow down in front of a statue of a "dead person" like Mary. Only Yah can answer your prayers.

It is a symbolic gesture. In my heart, I say to the real Jesus who lives in me, "My Jesus forgive me for putting that nail in your feet. I love you with all my heart".

Not that you need my approval but I see nothing wrong with that either

I do disagree here. I believe the only one that can see your heart is Yahweh

I wouldn't worry about being kicked off anytime in the near future, buckeye.  You are doing just fine.  :thumbsup:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks... :thumbsup:

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  375
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  11,400
  • Content Per Day:  1.44
  • Birthday:  08/14/1971

When I said dead I meant those that are no longer living but I understand what you are saying.

You are leaving the Wal-Mart.  As you walk thru the parking lot you see a woman holding a small child upside-down dangling by one leg.  She is beating the stuffing out of him. You are appalled!

You are baffled.

It worked.

This actually happened to me.  The guy was ready to call the police until I explained.

Oh my!!  That must have been horrible!!

When I enter my church, there is a life-sized Crucifix on the wall. (a cross with the image of Jesus on it).  Every time I pass it, I kiss my fingertips and press them to the nails in His feet.

I see nothing wrong with this.  My issue is when people bow down in front of a statue of a "dead person" like Mary.  Only Yah can answer your prayers.

It is a symbolic gesture.  In my heart, I say to the real Jesus who lives in me, "My Jesus forgive me for putting that nail in your feet.  I love you with all my heart".

Not that you need my approval but I see nothing wrong with that either

I do disagree here.  I believe the only one that can see your heart is Yahweh

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

John 10:38 that ye may know, and believe, that the Father is in me, and I in him.

John 10:38 that ye may know, and believe, that the Father is in me, and I in him.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

:24:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You're so cute!!

That's a whole other thread..... :24:

I understand your point of view though.

:)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>