• Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.32
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

3 hours ago, Justin Adams said:

I worked with a few in a sawmill in Wisconsin for a few days. 

I was checking controls and hydraulics issues. They are a humble decent people in my estimation, Christian.

The upmost very beginning of their walk, even before Jacob ammom,   it was the best example of the early church I seen.

yes, some have grown aside from their basic beginning, some have not .

For the most part if they would evangelize more like their early ones did, they would be right on.

some do .  I don't wrestle with their clothes...........clothes are clothes , lest they be revealing then I do have issues cause we are to tempt none.

they are not near legalistic as some think.  now some are , but we find that in any group.  just like many of them are falling away even now too

which we see in every group.  But how these groups began,  the early Anabaptists I mean,  were SPOT ON early church.

a community which had all things common, preached Christ , preached holiness and righteous living IN HIM to others.

they were so accurate early on.   Yes munsters group which used the name was way off , they do as most in churches today would

pick up arms and defend.    But the real ones , would forgive enemies  , harm none ,were GLUED to JESUS and HIS SAYINGS as the WHOLE DUTY OF LIFE .

I have read some of their letters from way , way, back from early men.   Here is one,   but I forget his name.  I think dunk or drake or something.

He was actually in prison ,   he had escaped and his enenmy was chasing him ,

he ran across a frozen lake , but his chaser fell through.    THE MAN went back and saved him , even though it cost his re arrest .   YEAH , then KNEW TRUTH .  they sure did.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  42
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  138
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/09/1965

Very interesting duff thank you for sharing