• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  28
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,710
  • Content Per Day:  2.45
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

Biblical baptism is by immersion only. The word baptize is actually not a proper translation, it's actually a transliteration from the Greek word baptizo, which is the Greek word for immerse. The only reason it was transliterated was to appease the Catholic Church which was, and still is, teaching the false doctrine of immersion. Bottom line is, Jesus said to be baptized by immersion....I see absolutely no reason to do it any other way, as any other way, is wrong. The form, is indeed important, otherwise Jesus wouldn't have been so specific in how it was to be done.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  479
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Days Won:  0

13 minutes ago, The_Patriot2017 said:

Biblical baptism is by immersion only. The word baptize is actually not a proper translation, it's actually a transliteration from the Greek word baptizo, which is the Greek word for immerse. The only reason it was transliterated was to appease the Catholic Church which was, and still is, teaching the false doctrine of immersion. Bottom line is, Jesus said to be baptized by immersion....I see absolutely no reason to do it any other way, as any other way, is wrong. The form, is indeed important, otherwise Jesus wouldn't have been so specific in how it was to be done.

So should I change churches? That's the only way I can become a member 

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  33
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  813
  • Content Per Day:  0.24
  • Days Won:  1

49 minutes ago, Yowm said:

Good. What color are the carpets?

(interpretation, although baptism is important, the form is not.)

Sorry... i burst out laughing the moment i read about the carpet. But yes, baptism is .. the form isn't. Also there is also practicality involved here. If one live in the city, it would be hard to find a river / it is far away and obviously to use public pool is.. well you know it. Not all churches afford built in baptism pool like one baptist church i attended before. So some churches probably use sprinkling or pouring water on one as a symbol. I suppose if the church could have immersion as a way to do it. Why not? I don't think doing other ways are wrong or would result in one's baptism becoming null and void. This is my opinion of course, based on my observation and experience. Having said this, i remember being baptised in a river via immersion. I held my nose while two others prayed over me along with the pastor and i was sorta pushed in backwards and pulled up again. It was possible to do so as the campus i studied in was located at a small town area where many rivers were at a close location. This was way back in 2002-2004.

• Followers:  28
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,710
  • Content Per Day:  2.45
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

11 minutes ago, AscendedMasters333 said:

So should I change churches? That's the only way I can become a member 

If it were me, yes, however I encourage you to spend time in scripture and prayer on the matter, and let the Lord leads. I would research all the times Jesus dealt with baptism, as well as Peter and Paul. Once you've found all the passages that Jesus taught about Baptism a great passage to tie it all together is Romans chapter 6.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,264
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  1

1 hour ago, AscendedMasters333 said:

My church only does sprinkling.

Immersion vs sprinkling?

I'm covered. I did both. First time was practice..............Second was for real.