MyLordsServant

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  479
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Days Won:  0

I used to see a 3 digit number sequence(333) everywhere, 4-5 times a day. I thought it was spiritually related, and they began to mean something significant to me. Those were my favorite numbers since I can remember. About 5 years old. I've been seeing them all my life(20+years).

Around 10 years old, for whatever reason, I decided to write those numbers on a piece of paper. I remember writing something else, but I forgot. But I do remember signing it. I went outside that night into the dark, and burned that piece of paper.

Recently I realized the number was probably demonic. Also I used to practice Chi meditation and astral projection(having out of body experiences).

A lot of Christians don't believe that demons have powers. But their powers are greater than we think. Magicians and Sorcerers are written about many times throughout the Bible. As an example during the time of Moses, magicians turned staffs into snakes. That was close to 4-5000 years ago. Imagine their powers now. Many get involved with occult things without realizing it. 

I remembered this sometime after converting. The few day span of my conversion, I felt I would have had some deeper connection with God. Like a feeling or anything noticeable. The only thing I've noticed was my life change. My hate for sin is strong. But the spiritual connection seems distant.

Anyway, I've prayed about this, and rebuked all associations with evil spirits. What do you think about this situation? 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  24
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,459
  • Content Per Day:  0.60
  • Days Won:  2

In the book of Acts, those who had been involved with the occult were overwhelmed by the power of the Gospel (i.e. the authority believers have through Christ's redeeming work and the evident works of the Holy Spirit).  Simon the sorcerer was amazed at what the apostles did in Samaria.  Those in Ephesus burned all their books having to do with occult practices.

As you say, you've noticed a life change.  That is big.  My impression is that it sounds like you are struggling with with not feeling "Christian" enough.  I think most of us (probably nearly all of us) go through something like this where we want to "feel" more.  We have doubts at times.  Our emotions are not 100% spiritually aligned with God.  We get distracted away from spiritual things.  We want to feel closer to God, but it just doesn't seem to happen like we want to.

My long term observation (40+ years as a Christian) of my life and others is that trust and confidence and closeness with God is something that is the result of consistently walking with Him.  It is consistent prayer, Bible reading, meditation, study, being with other Christians, etc. that helps us grow spiritually.  One result of this growth is that we simply get to know God more and more, our trust and confidence in Him grows more and more, and our feelings become more aligned with this.  Over our life, as we see Him do stuff in our lives and other people's lives, our trust simply grows over the weeks, months, and years.

• This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,453
  • Content Per Day:  0.53
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  09/23/1991

9 hours ago, MyLordsServant said:

Accidentally sold my soul?

I do not think it is possible to do that such thing accidentally. Just as people do not accept Jesus and get saved accidentally, it is something that requires a whole hearted decision.

9 hours ago, MyLordsServant said:

What do you think about this situation? 

The devil is a liar. God loves you and He wants you to be His child in Christ.

God bless you!

• Thumbs Up 1