• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  97
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,850
  • Content Per Day:  0.84
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  08/11/1911

Ok im going to ask the same Question again, Big steve it wasn't because i didn't like your answer, but i have another question to put in it.

Questions i've always had so don't get mad at me.

1.)What is the line between Dunk and not drunk?

2.) Isn't just being alittle light headed drunk?

3.) and if its not then what is it?

4.) If that is the body saying you had enough, stop before you get worse, thats dinking moderatle. But wouldn't that make you moderately dunk?

5.) And when has God ever aloud a Moderate sin?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Drunk is when you start to make an ar$e of yourself and being uncontrolably beligerant. It's not what goes into a man that makes him unclean, but what comes out of a man. In other words , have a drink but don't get stupid :emot-drums:

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Bro Davidâ„¢
Ok im going to ask the same Question again, Big steve it wasn't because i didn't like your answer, but i have another question to put in it.

Questions i've always had so don't get mad at me.

2.) Isn't just being alittle light headed drunk?

4.) If that is the body saying you had enough, stop before you get worse, thats dinking moderatle. But wouldn't that make you moderately dunk?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hi there,

What Gerioke just said.

2.) Isn't just being a little light headed drunk?

No.

It means your feeling light headed, that is why we use diff" words to describe it.

Sorta sleepy, relaxing and a prelude to a nice night of sleep if you stop drinking while your light headed.

4.) If that is the body saying you had enough, stop before you get worse, thats dinking moderately. But wouldn't that make you moderately dunk?

It is like eating if you would, you can gorge yourself blind but then again when you eat just the nice amount and in moderation you get the nice full feeling.

Over eating and eating your fill are too diff" things as it is the same with drinking.

Who said drinking was a sin ?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  26
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,672
  • Content Per Day:  0.23

Sorry guys...I don't buy your definition of drunk. I have known many who are functional and pleasant drunks. You don't have to be beligerant or out of control. I would say that you are drunk when you lose any bit of inhibition or self-control.

And Trinity I understand your question about "moderate" sin. If your body is showing physical symptoms of having had enough alcohol then wouldn't one assume that you are past being sober and more along the lines of being a little drunk? Though you are not stumbling around acting beligerant as some would say, (:emot-drums:) you are not sober either. So....with those thoughts in mind, God does not allow "moderate" sin. It's either sin or it's not. JMO :emot-dance:

Guest Bro Davidâ„¢
Sorry guys...I don't buy your definition of drunk.  I have known many who are functional and pleasant drunks.  You don't have to be beligerant or out of control.  I would say that you are drunk when you lose any bit of inhibition or self-control. 

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I am so sorry that I don't buy your definition of drunk either.

Being an alcoholic and being drunk are two diff" things.

One being under the influence.

The other being addiction and not being able to refrain from drinking.

I agree with you when you say that you are drunk when you loose any bit of inhibition or self-control.

Being light headed is the feeling you have after taking an aspirin or a pain killer.

You do not loose inhibition or your self control.

And Trinity I understand your question about "moderate" sin.  If your body is showing physical symptoms of having had enough alcohol then wouldn't one assume that you are past being sober and more along the lines of being a little drunk?  Though you are not stumbling around acting beligerant as some would say, (:24:) you are not sober either.  So....with those thoughts in mind, God does not allow "moderate" sin.  It's either sin or it's not. JMO :24:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Who termed drinking until your light headed, moderate sin is what I am asking.

Sin is sin.

Do you sin when you take an anaesthetic ?

Do you sin when you take a pain killer ?

If being light headed or drinking in general is a sin why didn't the word of God say that ?

You can easily abuse the use of fire as you can with drugs.

You can easily abuse the use of pain killers has you can with alcohol.

Do we then term cooking with fire or a BBQ a moderate sin ?

Extremism in any form is a bad thing.

Even when you start labelling things with the word sin when actually it is the abuse which is the sin.

[quote name='Bro David

[quote name='Bro David

Guest Bro Davidâ„¢

LoL I get that way sometimes.....

How was your day ?

I brought in the alcoholic statements because,

I have known many who are functional and pleasant drunks.

That is describing an alcoholic not a drunk.

I invited in the light headed comment because,

And Trinity I understand your question about "moderate" sin. If your body is showing physical symptoms of having had enough alcohol then wouldn't one assume that you are past being sober and more along the lines of being a little drunk? Though you are not stumbling around acting beligerant as some would say, () you are not sober either.

I did say a sin is a sin.

I am just saying drinking is in no way either culturally or Biblically a sin.

I would love however to provide that being drunk is a sin.

:24: preach it one more time brother :24:

[quote name='Bro David

• Topic Count:  92
  • Content Count:  2,244
  • Content Per Day:  0.31

Please don't make Doctrine on the English bible, search it out in the Greek The (ORIGANAL TEXT).

"Let us begin with the King James translators' use of the word "banquetings." Obviously, this word cannot mean that a banquet in the sense of a mere gathering for a meal is wrong. What kind of banquet is this, and why is it sinful? The answer is not that people present were gluttons, since the word translated "banquetings" is from the word potos, which denotes drinking, not eating. So this type of banquet was not wrong because of gluttony. It was wrong because of the drinking involved. Why did the King James translators use this word? " In the seventeenth century and earlier, banquet frequently signified, not the general feast, but the wine that came after; not the eating and drinking, but drinking only."1 Shakespeare and another writer in that age used the word banquet to refer to drinking after a meal or simply drinking itself.

The amount of alcohol consumed by those gathered at such a banquet is unspecified. Some may have drunk to the point of intoxication, while others may have drunk a cup or two. The essential idea is that the were drinking. The Greek word potos means "the drinking bout the banquet, the symposium not of necessity excessive. . . but giving opportunity for excess."2 The word refers to drinking in general at such gatherings. Barnes is right in saying that the word

Means properly drinking an act of drinking; then a drinking bout; drinking together. the thing forbidden by it is an assembling together for the purpose of drinking. There is nothing in this word referring to eating, or to banqueting, as the term is now commomly employed. The idea in the passage is, that it is improper for Christians to meet together for the purpose of drinking - as wine, toasts, etc."

http://www.westendcofc.org/drinking.htm

except it or not, don't make doctrine just what you see in your bible, make doctrine on the original text, and have many verses in the original text to back yourself up. Now I want a civilized conversation or ill leave :24: