spiderman1917

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  117
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1,028
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Days Won:  2

People have one short shot at getting to heaven, so why does God hide himself and require faith rather than speak in a way that is clear and can be understood by each individual?

Do you believe that God would burn someone in hell forever for simply not believing in him? I'm amazed at how many Christians (and Muslims) actually believe that.

It is such a depressing belief, I don't know how anyone could call it "good news".

Would you mind telling me what is so horrible about not believing in an invisible entity, that it merits eternal agony?

Eternal suffering for not believing in someone who is invisible and hides himself? Are you kidding? Such a belief is so strangely prevalent. Why?

I love God, but the God I know isn't the epitome of cruel and unjust. God is love. The God I know said to those who crucified him, "Father forgive them, for they know not what they do".

I am for punishment fitting the crime....if a person doesn't believe in an invisible entity, that doesn't mean they should be tormented forever, and ever, and ever, and ever for trillions of years...not sure why people preach something so unjust that pushes people away.

Scripture says God will reconcile all things to himself.  

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  40
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

Do you have children? Would you force them to love and care about you? Or would you want them to make that decision on their own?

God is far from invisible. I see him in any and everything. 

• Thumbs Up 1

17 minutes ago, Yowm said:

God hide Himself? He clearly manifested Himself in Jesus Christ.

People go to hell for rejecting God's rescue of mankind at Calvary. If you reject the lifeguard's attempts at rescuing you...you drown, whose at fault? Quit blaming God.

You can't call it good news because by your words you show a gross misunderstanding of the Gospel.

Born again people have little problem with faith because they realize the pit that that 'invisible God' brought them out of and gave them 'eyes' to see.

Start at Calvary.

I am born again, have received the baptism of the Holy Spirit, praying in tongues, and have accepted Jesus as my Lord and Savior, washed in his blood..yet I see no Justice in punishing somebody forever for not believing the right things about an invisible God.

To many people, they find in the Bible to be irrational and full of contradictions... Just because the Bible is available to them, does not mean they are willingly choosing to reject God.  Jesus said father forgive them for they know not what they do. A lot of people don't know what they are doing

• Huh?  I don't get it. 1

2 minutes ago, Lamb2Lion said:

Do you have children? Would you force them to love and care about you? Or would you want them to make that decision on their own?

God is far from invisible. I see him in any and everything. 

I'm not advocating that God force anybody to do anything.

An atheist told me he was ready to receive God with open arms and was diligently seeking God. I believe him.  The Bible simply went against his conscience.  It was simply a book he did not know to be true.  He  was not at fault for consciously choosing to reject God.  He simply was waiting to have an experience with God and experience God's love.

• Huh?  I don't get it. 1

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  40
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

13 minutes ago, spiderman1917 said:

I'm not advocating that God force anybody to do anything.

An atheist told me he was ready to receive God with open arms and was diligently seeking God. I believe him.  The Bible simply went against his conscience.  It was simply a book he did not know to be true.  He  was not at fault for consciously choosing to reject God.  He simply was waiting to have an experience with God and experience God's love.

If it was a book that went against his conscience then he wasnt ready to recieve God. The bible is what we have to guide us towards God, and to show us the ground rules on how we should be living our lives.

• Thumbs Up 3

Guest shiloh357
50 minutes ago, spiderman1917 said:

People have one short shot at getting to heaven, so why does God hide himself and require faith rather than speak in a way that is clear and can be understood by each individual?

God has never hidden Himself from us.  Everything He made bears His signature and reveals His power and wisdom.   He came to mankind in human form and spoke in a way that men could understand.   They rejected Him anyway.  He reveals Himself in His book and you reject that, as well.

Do you believe that God would burn someone in hell forever for simply not believing in him? I'm amazed at how many Christians (and Muslims) actually believe that.

Lot's of people who believe IN God go to Hell.   The problem isn't that they don't believe in Him.  The problem is that they don't believe Him.  There are many people who say that even God does exist, they would reject Him. They have no intention of following God whether He is real, or not.

It is such a depressing belief, I don't know how anyone could call it "good news".

Who said that going to Hell for rejecting God is "good news?"

I love God, but the God I know isn't the epitome of cruel and unjust. God is love. The God I know said to those who crucified him, "Father forgive them, for they know not what they do".

No, you don't love God.   In fact, you don't know God, at all.   You sit in judgement on God.  You have a god you have concocted in your imagination that you can define and control.   You want a god, but on YOUR terms.    You have know knowledge of the true God, at all.

I am for punishment fitting the crime....if a person doesn't believe in an invisible entity, that doesn't mean they should be tormented forever, and ever, and ever, and ever for trillions of years...not sure why people preach something so unjust that pushes people away.

It's not unjust at all.   If God never provided a plan of redemption, He would have been just in doing so.   God has a provided a plan of redemption, but you have rejected it because you love your sin more than you love or believe God.   You want to live in sin, reject God, but still go to Heaven.   You are an unregenerate hell bound sinner and you're sliding down a greased pole straight into Hell and it is all YOUR fault for rejecting God's plan of salvation.

Scripture says God will reconcile all things to himself.  

In context in Col. 1:20 it comes with some limitation.   This earth will be destroyed and a new one will be put in its place, so this earth will not be reconciled.  Satan, the AC and the false prophet will be cast into the lake of fire, so they will not be reconciled.  Sinners who have rejected Christ will not be reconciled.  They will be in hell when Hell is cast into the lake of fire.  All things only applies to those things that God has foreordained to be reconciled to Himself, namely believers.

23 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

No, you're not.   You continually assault God's integrity, you continually call Him a liar.   Every post you make since you have been on this message board is a condemnation of God and you impugn and blaspheme him at ever turn.   No true believer does that.    You need to get saved.

Romans 10:9 

If you declare with your mouth, "Jesus is Lord," and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.

Jesus is Lord, my sins are washed in the blood of the Lamb, I have accepted Jesus as my Lord and Savior, been baptized in the holy Spirit, and the word of God says I am saved.  :)

You should be accepting what the word of God says about salvation.

I pray unceasingly for the grace to do God's will and be transformed into his obedient servant.

Guest shiloh357
30 minutes ago, spiderman1917 said:

Romans 10:9 

If you declare with your mouth, "Jesus is Lord," and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.

Jesus is Lord, my sins are washed in the blood of the Lamb, I have accepted Jesus as my Lord and Savior, been baptized in the holy Spirit, and the word of God says I am saved.  :)

You should be accepting what the word of God says about salvation.

I pray unceasingly for the grace to do God's will and be transformed into his obedient servant.

I accept what the word of God says about salvation.   I do NOT accept that you have obeyed the Gospel and I don't accept that someone who blasphemes God, calls God a liar, impugns God's reputation and bears NO Christian fruit is a true Christian.  You reject what God says about faith and about how people can be saved.    YOU are the one rejecting what the Bible says about salvation by faith.

You are only deceiving yourself. If you were saved, you would not be a blasphemer.

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.41
  • Days Won:  20

2 hours ago, spiderman1917 said:

AFTER people are born again, immersed in Jesus ,  called and chosen and set apart by YHWH,

the Good Shepherd Does Reveal Himself to them,  lead them/us,  guide them/us,  and HIS VOICE is clearly known;

just as His Word Says "My Sheep Hear My Voice".   There is no discrepancy,  on contradiction,  no wondering if this is true or not --- His Word is Always True,  and cannot change.

Just as He tells ALL the Disciples, immersed in His Name:   Trust the Heavenly Father for everything concerning Salvation today,  in this life, and every day,  in the next life also,   and the Heavenly Father will give you discernment and understanding ,  and salvation is already accomplished (by trusting Him) without doubt or fear.  Perfectly.

The trouble is,   the world carnal environment religious and secular always lies and seeks to keep everyone away from the Father,  and usually people do not keep seeking the Father in heaven,  so they do not find Him , but settle on something carnal, worldly, and false (like all parts of catholicism and anything else also that is part of babylon).....

1 hour ago, shiloh357 said:

I accept what the word of God says about salvation.   I do NOT accept that you have obeyed the Gospel and I don't accept that someone who blasphemes God, calls God a liar, impugns God's reputation and bears NO Christian fruit is a true Christian.  You reject what God says about faith and about how people can be saved.    YOU are the one rejecting what the Bible says about salvation by faith.

You are only deceiving yourself. If you were saved, you would not be a blasphemer.

Peter was a very anointed man of God who spoke with Christ face to face, saw his works, and then denied him 3 times.

Even people who are Born Again are sinners.

Also you don't know enough about me to be judging.  I typically only come to this website when I'm confused about something and have a question.

I have seen the fruits of the spirit plenty.

According to scripture my soul is saved, because the requirements for Salvation are met.  

It isn't God that I despise, it is what some people preach about God that drives people further away from Christ, that bothers me.