IGNORED

Starting over in business

Guest newcharter2004

Guest newcharter2004

Hello,

I have been a business owner for the last 4 years. My first year of business went well, but the last 3 years I lost my shirt. I contribute my business failure on being too Overgenerous with employees.

In simple terms, I gave away the company profit to my employees (bonuses, family emergencies, late rent, etc.etc.)

I really believed that God would honor my intentions and I would be rewarded for my generosity to others. Now that I owe a huge tax debt and had to cut back expenses, those whom I generously helped out, jumped ship---quickly.

In fact, I lost most contracts through sabotage. I went from a 53 personell firm to a 2 man firm. All in a matter of 10 months. Even though, I am still in business-Praise be to God!!! I am somewhat damaged and bruised and hurt.

The untrust I have toward most people is enormous. Am I wrong for not wanting to help people out anymore, with employment?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  38
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,790
  • Content Per Day:  0.25
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  11/15/1968

Use this experience to learn to trust God and listen to him in you business practices. Sometimes our best intentions do hurt us, and that's when we need to focus back on God. Keep pressing and you will be rewarded in due time for your efforts.

Guest destiny_child

I know exactly how you feel. I've been a HR Consultant for about 8+ years and prior to that worked as a corporate executive. I also help start-up companies like yourself in chartering benefits for their employees. Currently I have a client who's also stepping into the same experience as you did. They are Christian owners and they feel that giving away their profits and generous benefits to their employees will help their employees and in turn help the organisation to grow. True, to an extent, but it must be done gradually to build a sense of appreciation among the staff. Otherwise, they will abuse it and take it with them when they "jump ship". It has to be done on a very selective basis.

Since you've learnt it the "hard" way and are still blessed with the business, you will now realise that "employees" will go, will leave, when they find a better platform to develop their career. Even big organisations find it hard to keep good people. Right now, you need to let go of that past and say to yourself - "I have helped these people whether they appreciate it or not. God will honor what I've done". Then move on. Jesus and his disciples were persecuted for doing good and right. The world will continue to persecute Christians as long as we're still alive.

It's also the same with parenting. We can't expect our children to obey and love us by us just giving them money, gifts, and material things. The key word here is "understanding". They want to be understood. They want their needs to be heard. They want their parents to give them the attention. They want to be coached and nurtured. So that's more precious than money, gold or silver. God bless!!

Guest strike

Ok, the problem here is not so much that you and are generous and want to "do on to the Least of your Brethen......" but that you lack the gift of discernment or the wisdom of Solomon. Don't get a hardened heart and deny all the poor suffering but be wary of the ones that are wolfes and not sheep. If not letting them have time of teaches them a lesson on life then don't if they need the lesson and it is not to harsh. If they spend money in a foolish way why should you fund that. It they want you help then set conditions to be met etc.

In other words give but know who and what you are giving for!!

Via con Dios

strike