• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  867
  • Topics Per Day:  0.24
  • Content Count:  7,331
  • Content Per Day:  1.99
  • Days Won:  31
  • Birthday:  04/28/1964

When I read the book of Isaiah, I marvel at how the KJV translators made every effort to be as accurate as possible. Let is examine two verses to see how this works:

Isaiah 22:18

He will surely violently turn and toss thee like a ball into a large country: there shalt thou die, and there the chariots of thy glory shall be the shame of thy lord's house.

Now let's compare this with another verse from the same glorious book:

Isaiah 40:22

It is he that sitteth upon the circle of the earth, and the inhabitants thereof are as grasshoppers; that stretcheth out the heavens as a curtain, and spreadeth them out as a tent to dwell in:

Now let's pick two words, one from each verse.

From Isa 22:18 I shall select the word 'ball' and from Isa 40:22 I shall select the word 'circle'.

Now any budding Hebrew scholar will be able to tell me that the Hebrew word for ball (dur) that was used by the prophet Isaiah is different from the word that the prophet used for circle (chug). Isaiah may have been no expert at geometry but he knew the difference between a circle which is a 2-dimensional object and a ball which is a 3-dimensional object. That is why he carefully selected his words when describing one thing as opposed to the other. The KJV translators were also smart enough to notice the difference and they carefully reflected that in their translation. God's word is thus preserved accurately.

This just goes to show how faithful to the word of God the KJV translators were. Praise the Lord!!

Oh, and while we're on the subject - for those of you who don't know the difference between a flat 2-d circle and a 3-d ball (or sphere), here are some diagrams, bearing in mind that in the second diagram, I am trying to represent a 3-d object in a 2-d diagram.

This is a circle (or disc):

fe.png

and this is a ball (or sphere):

ge.png

Praise the Lord!!

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.32
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

The earth is round and the bible supports that .     Praise the LORD peoples .