• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  958
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,641
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

Hi, brotherdon ( Plus for all others a chuckle hopefully). 

After reading your concern about how you didn't understand the use of the  thumbs up Icon, I got to chuckling about my own errors on another message board, one that had added a star rating system for the various threads. It went from one star to five, five being outstanding, and  one being a real negative reaction to the posting of that thread.

The default position was set at one star, and the instruction sequence tended to confuse me ( something easily done what with my swiss cheese vision).  PLUS there was no way to change it, once the rating  was clicked on that was it.

Sure enough a person I enjoyed reading, but most often found myself in disagreement with on her conclusions posted a cookie recipe. Well I tried to be kind  cordial and really just wanted to mend her hurt feeling about another thread, and so I rated her cookies recipe. Yep I got it backwards and one stared a cookie recipe.  Her cookies got one starred. By me, Geesh! It was a full two years before she began to believe me that I just entered the selection backwards and wanted to have five starred it.

I thought of that twice today - She had placed a nice post on that other message board for my wife to see saying she cherished our longtime relationship as cyber friends and misses us. Then I saw your thread again, and got to laughing.

Soo0..., if you come across any cookie recipes here, be sure to be careful-

• Haha 1
  • Loved it! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  24
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,459
  • Content Per Day:  0.60
  • Days Won:  2

I debated clicking Oy Vey!   :) 

• Haha 1