• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  955
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,599
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

Odd moments of thought, or odd thoughts of the moment:

Noticed that today Mother's day Google is choosing the champion via it's home page art and link to blast incarceration of mother's and in fact of all parents and in fact of all "incarcerations" period. Yeah sure Google sure, no consequence to anyone for anything. Sounds good, mellow even.

Also noticed having looked at hundreds of homes for sale on  the various online services like Zillow and Trulia that so many many homes have words spelled out on walls as art or messages. Love - God is - happiness - I'd rather be fishing- and so on.  

Why? Is writing on walls art? Do sellers of homes think the price goes up if they write happy little sayings on their walls?

I am now quite tempted to place large letters in black on my living room wall an unoriginal thought too; "etcetera etcetera". Or, maybe just; "and so forth..."

Got to go- Church worship soon.

Have odd moments of thought, or odd thoughts of the moment to share?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  28
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,710
  • Content Per Day:  2.46
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

Has nothing to do with the price of the house or even art...its just some people like to post various positive phrases in places they see a lot to lift their spirits. Ive never been big on it....but i wont knock it.

• Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,255
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  1

On 5/13/2018 at 9:04 AM, Neighbor said:

Odd moments of thought, or odd thoughts of the moment:
Noticed that today Mother's day Google is choosing the champion via it's home page art and link to blast incarceration of mother's and in fact of all parents and in fact of all "incarcerations" period. Yeah sure Google sure, no consequence to anyone for anything. Sounds good, mellow even.
Also noticed having looked at hundreds of homes for sale on  the various online services like Zillow and Trulia that so many many homes have words spelled out on walls as art or messages. Love - God is - happiness - I'd rather be fishing- and so on.  

Why? Is writing on walls art? Do sellers of homes think the price goes up if they write happy little sayings on their walls?

I am now quite tempted to place large letters in black on my living room wall an unoriginal thought too; "etcetera etcetera". Or, maybe just; "and so forth..."

Got to go- Church worship soon.
Have odd moments of thought, or odd thoughts of the moment to share?

Why? Is writing on walls art?
My grand kids think so. :laugh:

I personally never wear clothing with advertisements, I'm not a walking billboard, and do not want to add to advertisement pollution. However.
When we were building our home, my wife ask anybody coming to visit/help on the construction, to write their favorite verses of scripture on the stud walls throughout the house before drywall. And they did, with scripture verses all over the place, bathroom showers with "cleansed by the word", kitchen with "man does not live by bread but by the word" etc.
Except the LORD build the house, they labor in vain that build it: Cool way to "thy word have I hid in my heart-house"

3 minutes ago, Gary Lee said:

I personally never wear clothing with advertisements, I'm not a walking billboard, and do not want to add to advertisement pollution. However.
When we were building our home, my wife ask anybody coming to visit/help on the construction, to write their favorite verses of scripture on the stud walls throughout the house before drywall. And they did, with scripture verses all over the place, bathroom showers with "cleansed by the word", kitchen with "man does not live by bread but by the word" etc.
Except the LORD build the house, they labor in vain that build it: Cool way to "thy word have I hid in my heart-house"

Very cool, wonderful!

BTW- That sounds to me like a great tale to be told, and  shared with many.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Gary Lee said:

The whole house became a kind of Mezuzah. Very nice. I do love that.

• 2 weeks later...

Commercial airlines have windows, and now windows that fail and suck people out them.  Hmm, why even have windows today? Why not have solid walls with the aisles up the edge of the craft? Each seat has a  monitor screen, there could be pretty cool camera scenes of the craft's view  shown on screens.

Why there could even be socializing on screens from seat to seat, conferences, whatever. Why have windows and the crew telling passengers to keep the window shades pulled down to keep the craft cooler on the tarmac? LED lighting has already set a nicer serene atmosphere inside craft, why have windows competing with that?

Just having the odd thought as I  have to book yet another flight on some crummy craft locked back in time of some 30 years ago retro fitted with a few cheap seats and a monitor.

At worst have windows on one side only, and  an aisle on the edge instead of the middle. Why do interiors have to be symmetrical?

Much like  nonlitergical churches can be interesting to the eye,  might they also be more interesting for passengers than present set ups?

And; wouldn't the crafts be stronger and quicker to exit if all emergency exits were on one side too, or at least staggered not directly opposite each other? Maybe if we just had those new spiritual bodies then....

( and the choir sang the chorus:  

I'll fly away, oh glory
I'll fly away in the morning
When I die, Hallelujah by and by
I'll fly away )

------

Maybe I forgot my meds this morning? ???