• Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  498
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  01/25/1949

BIBLICAL PROPHECY

The Day of the Lord

by Dr. Renald Showers

What is Meant by the Biblical Expression "The Day of the Lord"?

There

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  50
  • Content Count:  4,073
  • Content Per Day:  0.52
  • Birthday:  08/10/1923

With all respects, someone should send this guy a bible. H'e lost the plot. :24: I've never heard of a seven day period of the day of the Lord

But the point is that people who are alive on the earth when that seven-year period of the day of the Lord, where God pours out His wrath comes, they are going to be incredibly subject to that outpouring of God

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  24
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  972
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Birthday:  07/07/1964

Have we ever had a rapture discussion here before? :24:

• Topic Count:  82

With all respects, someone should send this guy a bible. H'e lost the plot. :24:  I've never heard of a seven day period of the day of the Lord

But the point is that people who are alive on the earth when that seven-year period of the day of the Lord, where God pours out His wrath comes, they are going to be incredibly subject to that outpouring of God

• Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  535
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Birthday:  08/02/1957

Man you gotta stay away from those books and pick up a bible.

Matt. 24:13 says "But he who endures to the end shall be saved"

Did it ever occur to you that maybe the second coming and the rapture are simultaneous.

Ponder this. 2 Peter 3:8 "But beloved do not forget this one thing, that with the Lord one day is a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day".

Think about it. Why would God warn us and tell us to keep watch if we were going to miss all the fireworks? God's wrath is against the world, not His children.

Read your bible. If you don't have one, I'll send you one. Two if it'll help.

Man you gotta stay away from those books and pick up a bible.

Matt. 24:13 says "But he who endures to the end shall be saved"

Did it ever occur to you that maybe the second coming and the rapture are simultaneous.

Ponder this. 2 Peter 3:8  "But beloved do not forget this one thing, that with the Lord one day is a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day".

Think about it. Why would God warn us and tell us to keep watch if we were going to miss all the fireworks? God's wrath is against the world, not His children.

Read your bible. If you don't have one, I'll send you one. Two if it'll help.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Brother,I have more Bibles than you could guess and by the way I was onlty posting an article from Ankerberg Theological Institute...

may be we should all study the end times a bit more and then come to conclusions.

No,I don't think that the raspture and the second coming are simultaneous at all,nI differ from your view,but we are still both saved by grace trhough faith even if we see it different,grace and Peace to you,

Maranatha!!! ;)

• Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  535
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Birthday:  08/02/1957

If you have so many bibles why don't you read them instead of spending all your time studying another man's teaching's? If you're teaching people that the rapture is pre-trib and it turns out that it isn't, in the end you will be found guilty of teaching a false doctrine. Read your bible and see what the Lord has to say about false teachers.

You better hope and pray that I'm wrong.

And all those passages you mentioned. Do they come from your heart or are you transfering them word for word from another man's book?

It is my perception that you know very little about scripture. And even less about God. Your words expose you. Is your faith so weak that you would believe that the Lord would not protect His children at the time of His wrath? Is your faith so weak that you must turn to another man's teaching's for answers? Are we greater than the angels of heaven? God has not revealed the time of His Son's return to the angels in heaven, yet He revealed it to you? WOW!

No one really knows when the rapture will take place. All we can do is hope and pray that when that train pulls out of town, that we have tickets to ride.

Lean on the wisdom of God. Go to Him in faith, without doubting, without second thoughts, and He will show you the Way. I know this because He says so in His book.

I will pray for you.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  92
  • Content Count:  2,244
  • Content Per Day:  0.31

Revelation 3:10

Since you have kept my command to endure patiently, I will also keep you from the hour of trial that is going to come upon the whole world to test those who live on the earth.

Why don't you read the Bible :noidea:

Luke 17:26-30

"Just as it was in the days of Noah, so also will it be in the days of the Son of Man. People were eating, drinking, marrying and being given in marriage up to the day Noah entered the ark. Then the flood came and destroyed them all. "It was the same in the days of Lot. People were eating and drinking, buying and selling, planting and building. But the day Lot left Sodom, fire and sulfur rained down from heaven and destroyed them all. will be just like this on the day the Son of Man is revealed.

Luke 21:36

Be always on the watch, and pray that you may be able to escape all that is about to happen, and that you may be able to stand before the Son of Man."

When we search the scriptures describing of the Lord's return, we find verses that tell us we won't know the day and others that tell us we will know the day Mat 25:13. Rev 12:6: The woman fled into the desert to a place prepared for her by God, where she might be taken care of for 1,260 days. see this verse states that the Believers will have to wait on the Lord 1260 days.

If you have so many bibles why don't you read them instead of spending all your time studying another man's teaching's? If you're teaching people that the rapture is pre-trib and it turns out that it isn't, in the end you will be found guilty of teaching a false doctrine. Read your bible and see what the Lord has to say about false teachers.

You better hope and pray that I'm wrong.

And all those passages you mentioned. Do they come from your heart or are you transfering them word for word from another man's book?

It is my perception that you know very little about scripture. And even less about God. Your words expose you. Is your faith so weak that you would believe that the Lord would not protect His children at the time of His wrath? Is your faith so weak that you must turn to another man's teaching's for answers? Are we greater than the angels of heaven? God has not revealed the time of His Son's return to the angels in heaven, yet He revealed it to you? WOW!

No one really knows when the rapture will take place. All we can do is hope and pray that when that train pulls out of town, that we have tickets to ride.

Lean on the wisdom of God. Go to Him in faith, without doubting, without second thoughts, and He will show you the Way. I know this because He says so in His book.

I will pray for you.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I find pretty arrogant that you tell me that i don't know God...

The bible tells me that because of Jesus I can know God and I am known to Him,and I know I know my Lord and Saviour..not for some special deed that I have ever done nor for some secret knowledge but because as a sinner I have entrusted my life to Jesus that I recognize as My GOd and My Lord and I don't trust anybody or anything but JESUS WHO IS GOD BLESSED FOR EVER.

For sure I don't trust you...and I find your scary techinique pretty cheap ..

Shalom.

Revelation 3:10

Since you have kept my command to endure patiently, I will also keep you from the hour of trial that is going to come upon the whole world to test those who live on the earth.

Why don't you read the Bible  :taped:

Luke 17:26-30

"Just as it was in the days of Noah, so also will it be in the days of the Son of Man. People were eating, drinking, marrying and being given in marriage up to the day Noah entered the ark. Then the flood came and destroyed them all. "It was the same in the days of Lot. People were eating and drinking, buying and selling, planting and building. But the day Lot left Sodom, fire and sulfur rained down from heaven and destroyed them all. will be just like this on the day the Son of Man is revealed.

Luke 21:36

Be always on the watch, and pray that you may be able to escape all that is about to happen, and that you may be able to stand before the Son of Man."

When we search the scriptures describing of the Lord's return, we find verses that tell us we won't know the day and others that tell us we will know the day Mat 25:13. Rev 12:6: The woman fled into the desert to a place prepared for her by God, where she might be taken care of for 1,260 days. see this verse states that the Believers will have to wait on the Lord 1260 days.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I never said I know neither the day nor the hour of His return..I think that you make an overlapping of church and Israel..but by the way..

ok ok...

bye