• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  38
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,058
  • Content Per Day:  0.41
  • Days Won:  5

15 hours ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

The context is regarding Hebrew believers, who were wavering and dangerously close to falling back into Judaism.

So according to this if a Hebrew falls back into Judaism ,and wont come back , sounds like they are damned for sure .

on that note ,   IF a jew can fall back into his former Judaism ,   Why do so many teach that a gentile cannot fall back to his wordly mindset .

Let us ponder that one .   Just meat for the soul .    Cause gentiles are not BETTER than JEWS , and JEWS are not better than gentiles . IF it a jew can fall away SO can a gentile.

Course in many places it says this clearly .   SO let us not be highminded but fear ,  continue IN HIS GOODNESS otherwise we shall be cut off .

Hello there,

You are referring to the figure of the Olive tree, when you use the words, 'cut off', but that figure pertained only during the period of the book of Acts, and being cut off from Israel, into which believing Gentiles were 'grafted' in the hope of promoting growth in an ailing tree. That is where the figure ends. Believers in Christ are One with Him, and there is no possibility of being 'cut off'.

Romans 8:35,39 denies that possibility for those who are born from above, in Christ Jesus.

Praise God!

In His Name
Chris

Edited by Christine
  • This is Worthy 1

On 5/25/2018 at 7:22 PM, frienduff thaylorde said:

So according to this if a Hebrew falls back into Judaism ,and wont come back , sounds like they are damned for sure .

Hello  @frienduff thaylorde

I did not say that they were damned, these are your words.

See Hebrews 10:23-39, for this puts Hebrews six in it's true light and prevents us from making the wrong application of it's teaching.

What these believers were in danger of becoming, was, 'waste', or, 'drawing back unto perdition', by failing to go on unto perfection, and enduring to the end (like those saints of old, listed in chapter 11), failing to reach the goal of their faith. It was not salvation that was lost but reward.

In Christ Jesus
Chris

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,194
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

2 hours ago, Christine said:

Hello  @frienduff thaylorde

I did not say that they were damned, these are your words.

See Hebrews 10:23-39, for this puts Hebrews six in it's true light and prevents us from making the wrong application of it's teaching.

What these believers were in danger of becoming, was, 'waste', or, 'drawing back unto perdition', by failing to go on unto perfection, and enduring to the end (like those saints of old, listed in chapter 11), failing to reach the goal of their faith, which was the right to reign with Christ in the New Jerusalem, along with all who had overcome. They would then live, yes, for life is God's free gift, but not reign with Him.

In Christ Jesus
Chris

The one's reigning with Christ in millennial reign are those who return with Him from Heaven- the rest are in mortal bodies here upon the earth... for it is written

2 Cor 5:8
8 We are confident, I say, and willing rather to be absent from the body, and to be present with the Lord.
KJV
This presence is not removed anywhere in Scripture after the fact...
Rev 19:12-14
12 His eyes were as a flame of fire, and on his head were many crowns; and he had a name written, that no man knew, but he himself.
13 And he was clothed with a vesture dipped in blood: and his name is called The Word of God.
14 And the armies which were in heaven followed him upon white horses, clothed in fine linen, white and clean.
KJV

On 5/26/2018 at 2:04 PM, enoob57 said:

The one's reigning with Christ in millennial reign are those who return with Him from Heaven- the rest are in mortal bodies here upon the earth... for it is written

2 Cor 5:8
8 We are confident, I say, and willing rather to be absent from the body, and to be present with the Lord.
KJV
This presence is not removed anywhere in Scripture after the fact...
Rev 19:12-14
12 His eyes were as a flame of fire, and on his head were many crowns; and he had a name written, that no man knew, but he himself.
13 And he was clothed with a vesture dipped in blood: and his name is called The Word of God.
14 And the armies which were in heaven followed him upon white horses, clothed in fine linen, white and clean.
KJV

Thank you, @enoob57

For making me look again at my previous entry.  I will give some thought to  this, and come back to you on this, God willing.

I have now altered my post. The New Jerusalem comes down to the new earth after the 1,000 year reign of the Overcomers with Christ. 

With love and grace
In Christ Jesus
Chris