IGNORED

Why I Am A Christian Zionist

Guest shiloh357

Guest shiloh357
9 minutes ago, arachnogeek said:

Do you know what an ad hominem even is? 

He is a holocaust denier.   He associates with holocaust deniers.  That's not an ad hominem.  It's a fact and he makes no secret of his associations with those people.  

The irony is that accusing the Jews of lying, of making up the holocaust is actually an ad hominem against the Jews. 

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  100
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0

13 hours ago, shiloh357 said:

Again, you are appealing to age and that is simply not a good or rational argument to make. 

I'm appealing to the tried and true. Of course, you have a valid point that just because something is old does not authenticate it as true. This is undeniable. 

However, it is cause for concern when a new theological movement gains traction. Going against the current of Christendom isn't something I can afford to do carelessly. 

Appealing to age does not disprove your dispensational interpretation; rather, it should compel you to ardently evaluate its truth claims and puts the burden of proof in your lap. 

1 minute ago, shiloh357 said:

He is a holocaust denier.   He associates with holocaust deniers.  That's not an ad hominem.  It's a fact and he makes no secret of his associations with those people.  

The irony is that accusing the Jews of lying, of making up the holocaust is actually an ad hominem against the Jews. 

Based on what you have just said, I have to conclude one of two things:

1. You do not know what an ad hominem is. 

or

2. You do know what an ad hominem is and you're not at all bothered by the fact that you are engaging in a logical fallacy 

Which one will it be?

• Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, Davida said:

Well yes of course. My pt is if someone is a known anti-semitic Holocaust denier and accuser of Israel, that's on him, it isn't ad hominem attack to point that out that they have NO credibility at all.

Ad Hominem

1 (of an argument or reaction) directed against a person rather than the position they are maintaining: [as adjective] :  an ad hominem response.

from the oxford dictionary

• Thumbs Up 1

Guest shiloh357
3 minutes ago, arachnogeek said:

I'm appealing to the tried and true. Of course, you have a valid point that just because something is old does not authenticate it as true. This is undeniable. 

However, it is cause for concern when a new theological movement gains traction.

Tell that to Martin Luther.

Going against the current of Christendom isn't something I can afford to do carelessly. 

I just go by the Bible and if Christendom chooses to go the other way, that is between them and the Lord.  I will stand on the rock solid foundation of scripture and its claims about Israel's prophetic future.

Appealing to age does not disprove your dispensational interpretation; rather, it should compel you to ardently evaluate its truth claims and puts the burden of proof in your lap. 

This thread isn't about dispensationalism.

Guest shiloh357
2 minutes ago, arachnogeek said:

Based on what you have just said, I have to conclude one of two things:

1. You do not know what an ad hominem is. 

or

2. You do know what an ad hominem is and you're not at all bothered by the fact that you are engaging in a logical fallacy 

Which one will it be?

It has been one of the main anti-Semitic attacks on the Jews to claim that they made up the holocaust.   If you call someone a liar, that is an ad hominem.

Just now, shiloh357 said:

Tell that to Martin Luther.

That's true. Ironically though, Martin Luther hated the jews...and yet you and I don't discredit him smoky because he was an anti-Semite 

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, shiloh357 said:

It has been one of the main anti-Semitic attacks on the Jews to claim that they made up the holocaust.   If you call someone a liar, that is an ad hominem.

Ad Hominem

1 (of an argument or reaction) directed against a person rather than the position they are maintaining: [as adjective] :  an ad hominem response.

• Thumbs Up 1

Guest shiloh357
1 minute ago, arachnogeek said:

Ad Hominem

•  

He is a holocaust denier.  That is not an ad hominem.  He associates with those people in public. That is his position.  

1 minute ago, Davida said:

Really silly, we have to debate if the anti-semitic vicar has any  "character"  to criticize in the first place LOL!!  

I don't care if Stephen Sizer were Satan incarnate, the point is that you shouldn't attack the man's character; attack his theology. The demons said Jesus was Lord. Would you really dismiss their statement as false because they are demons? No. 

You're engaging in a blatant ad hominem. 

• Thumbs Up 1