• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  214
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  09/01/1963

I have been diagnosed ankylosing spondylitis(AS) fibromyalgia(FM), rheumatoid arthritis(RA), osteoporosis, scoliosis, high cholesterol, depression. the AS,fibromygia, and RA are incurable. and are very painful and disabling diseases. It has mad me humbled before the LORD, and I have prayed hard and deeply and many times. for GOD to show me what HIS plan for is. I have been praying and praying and talked for hours to a pastor about this. Then I was filled with the holy spirit and have been compelled to start a support group for those who suffer from illnesses like mine. I will use scripture of GODS wonderful powers of healing of the spirit. and thru my own testimony and the other of how we felt when we were diagnosed. How we felt about GOD and the anger and fear that most of us have felt and are feeling now because of the way our bodies are getting worse. like mine 2 yrs ago I could walk and lift over 100# now I am in a walker or a wheelchair, and cant even lift my 10#grandaughter, the LORD has healed my spirit but not my body. but by ready scripture of GODS love and mercy and theu our personal stories can we help each other heal our spirits and come closer to the LORD and get even closer and closer to GOD. this is what the holy spirit is asking me to do. my question for advice is. would anyone like to be in this group and do you think a group like this would bring you closer to GOD, strengthen your faith as it has strengthened mine???????? your thought and advice would be appreciated.......oak

Edited by oakleaf

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  115
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  8,281
  • Content Per Day:  1.12
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  10/30/1955

May the Lord bless your good works. +

Oakleaf: I am gratified that you found the right Pastor to talk to! Praise God!

• 1 month later...

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  214
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Birthday:  09/01/1963

I am bumping this up, becauase I could really use your input, opinions and such even if this plan for a spiritual support group would work. please I ask of you in JESUS name to respond. with your opinions....amen.......and thank you.........oak

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  197
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,461
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Birthday:  12/31/1949

Oakleaf,

When I was pregnant with my fourth child, my uteris prolapsed three months into the pregnancy. I had to spend a great deal of the pregnancy off my feet. I had to put my one year old and my three year old in a day care center. They did not understand why Mom was sending them away during the day. But, if I got up to do anything, I began going into labor. After my son was born, my uteris and bladder both went kerplop. The doc said he could tack them both back up, but then I could get pregnant again most likely and go through the same thing, so I said "no, yank it out." So, when my son was six months old I had a hysterectomy. This caused me to begin early signs of menopause. My emotions were like on a roller coaster. I could not control them as much as I tried. When my son was 4, I had my first back surgery and when he was 5 I had my second back surgery. I had 3 other children all two years apart. Other people had to care for my children. Then, we moved out of state. I lost all my friends. We moved to an unfriendly town. My hormones were going bonkers by this time. I hurt all over my body. I had difficulty sleeping. I battled with depression. My emotions were so up and down. I cried and prayed often to the Lord to heal me, but his answer back was always "my grace is sufficient for you, for my power is perfected in your weakness." The weaknesses continued. I was eventually diagnosed with Fibromyalgia. On days like today when it is raining all day, I hurt all over. But, God's grace is always sufficient. I consider myself blessed to be allowed to share in the fellowship of his sufferings. My physical sufferings have strengthened my walk with the Lord, because I have had to rely on him so much. And, I have experienced many healings from the Lord, as well. I know God is Sovereign and everything he permits in my life is for my good to make me the person he wants me to be and I believe all that I have gone through in my life has just been preparation for this very moment in history when God will use me for his glory and his purposes to help others to know his healing mercies.

Guest beejle
It has mad me humbled before the LORD, and I have prayed hard and deeply and many times. for GOD to show me what HIS plan for is. I have been praying and praying and talked for hours to a pastor about this. Then I was filled with the holy spirit and have been compelled to start a support group for those who suffer from illnesses like mine.

In the above quoted statement lies the answer you are looking for. If the Holy Spirit is compelling you to start the support group that is all you need to know! Be faithfull and follow His path. God has a plan for you and is starting to revel His plan to you now. Trust in him and follow! I am sure there are many more out there who suffer from the same illnesses as you and go through the same moments of doubt and weakness. It would mean a lot to them to have someone like you to walk with them down the road.

Keep the faith Oakleaf! God is calling you for great things rejoyce and be gald!

May God Bless you today and all the days of your life!

Now pray for His direction and move forward on His great journey and begin His support group!

I will be praying for you :emot-hug: