BibleBunny

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  8
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

I am a born again christian and have had personal experience of demons and oppression, all of which God saved me from, after my own personal prayer, under the authority of Christ, in his blood to drive them out. Without going into detail, it changed my life, the dark things removed from me were taken in the most gentle way, in so much love I could not argue it otherwise. God is Good! 

I believe we can pray to God and take up the power of Christ to cast out evil from our lives. 

I have a friend who is very into his theology, who I advised to go to a delivery minister, or find someone to talk to, he is always depressed, he's so up and down all the time and often mean spirited. I respect his knowledge and study though, and he refused to look for a deliverance minister, which is ok, I only advised that as he seemed so unable to move forward and I thought outside help would be useful. The reasoning is that they don't believe a minister can deliver, they said it can only be done personally. They said it is totally un-biblical. 

I'm just looking to find out what others think on this, as I am a new christian, so I am undecided and I don't have enough study behind me to really know.

Is going to a deliverance minister un-biblical?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  952
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,573
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

Hi, A belated welcome to  Worthy.

Seems in a few paragraphs you have hit upon more than a few subjects, perhaps all related, but  different or separate. I am going to avoid  a direct answer to the last question about "a deliverance minister" and leave that  to others. 

I will try to tackle my own introduction to the broader subject of depression or angst, and also just touch upon meanness:

It is  a most joyous time the becoming  born again, awakened to the realization that Jesus is  our Lord, God, and savior, that He enables each of us to be redeemed from our fate of destruction and separation from God, both now in these bodies of flesh and later in  spiritual bodies of perfection. I was personally overwhelmed by the experience some thirty five years ago.

I am still in awe today. Yet, I too have times of depression, sadness but with  a deeper depression, one that can almost paralyze. Apostle Paul acknowledges having a time of depression. More than one fine pastor has had depression. One of the recognized better pastors Charles Spurgeon suffered depression.

None of that, not depression, nor sadness,  is reason to be mean. 

Yes there sure seems to be capacity  to exhibit mean mindedness within ( some ) individual Christians, perhaps at times that is a failing of every one of us if we do not stifle our tongue and catch our heart's missteps by deliberate prayer to be forgiven our own  "trespasses", and our own confession of our sinful manner. 

It is a serious contradiction of our purpose as bond-servants of Jesus to in our enthusiasm put down others, as we have no merit of our own upon which to brag regarding our salvation. We only have praise  to give to God.

The great news is none of our still remaining faults defeat the glory that is God, nor the grace and mercy by which each of us have received that which we do not merit- to be born again, made aware of,  and to be gathered into the flock of Jesus, to be with those many souls given to Him  by His Father- of whom He loses not a one!

Praise God- Maranatha!

Edited by Neighbor

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  87
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,795
  • Content Per Day:  1.34
  • Days Won:  3

8 hours ago, BibleBunny said:

I am a born again christian and have had personal experience of demons and oppression, all of which God saved me from, after my own personal prayer, under the authority of Christ, in his blood to drive them out. Without going into detail, it changed my life, the dark things removed from me were taken in the most gentle way, in so much love I could not argue it otherwise. God is Good! 

I believe we can pray to God and take up the power of Christ to cast out evil from our lives. 

I have a friend who is very into his theology, who I advised to go to a delivery minister, or find someone to talk to, he is always depressed, he's so up and down all the time and often mean spirited. I respect his knowledge and study though, and he refused to look for a deliverance minister, which is ok, I only advised that as he seemed so unable to move forward and I thought outside help would be useful. The reasoning is that they don't believe a minister can deliver, they said it can only be done personally. They said it is totally un-biblical. 

I'm just looking to find out what others think on this, as I am a new christian, so I am undecided and I don't have enough study behind me to really know.

Is going to a deliverance minister un-biblical?

Christianity, IS a deliverance ministry.

And regarding going to a specific ministry for deliverance....... it depends on what they are doing.......Is it based on New Testament doctrine?    

I can tell you that no person can "deliver" another person from anything......There is no minister who can heal you, and no minister who can deliver you.....As all things related to spiritual power come from Christ, through the Holy Spirit......So, if anyone is a "deliverer" they are lying, and are not of God..   But, on the other hand, if they have a ministry that tries to help people who are oppressed, and they do this through Faith and Prayer and so forth,  then that is possibly  legit.

It all comes down to who is getting the credit for the power to deliver.....And no man has this, as only Christ is the Healer.

Edited by Behold
  • Thumbs Up 3