IGNORED

New Testament Inerrancy

Andrew Restrepo

Guest shiloh357
2 minutes ago, Still Alive said:

I know one can be saved by the blood of Christ and His resurrection and never be exposed to a bible. That would include most of the early church. Especially the Gentiles.

No, that is not true, at all.   You need to actually read the Bible instead of trying to push this kind of nonsense.  

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,024
  • Content Per Day:  1.33
  • Days Won:  3

7 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

No, that is not true, at all.   You need to actually read the Bible instead of trying to push this kind of nonsense.  

Opinions vary. ;)

8 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

Well, to be fair, one thing I do have in common with the early church is that, like them, we only use a noble fir for a Christmas tree. :D

Guest shiloh357
3 minutes ago, Still Alive said:

Opinions vary. ;)

This is not a matter of "opinion."   You stated something that is not true in Scripture.  But that doesn't matter to you, because well, the Bible only says what you think it says and what you don't like about Scripture is expendable.   So debating Scripture with a person like you that doesn't  actually believe what Scripture says and makes up things that are not true, is rather pointless.

Just now, shiloh357 said:

This is not a matter of "opinion."   You stated something that is not true in Scripture.  But that doesn't matter to you, because well, the Bible only says what you think it says and what you don't like about Scripture is expendable.   So debating Scripture with a person like you that doesn't  actually believe what Scripture says and makes up things that are not true, is rather pointless.

I've been arguing against nothing but your opinion all day. You don't back it up. You simply state your opinion about what you believe is true and that I am wrong - or worse.

Whenever I say "Opinions vary", I'm actually responding in like kind, only typically being much more concise. It's the ONLY condition under which I respond with "opinions vary".

29 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

I get that.   But how they respond is determined by the weight of authority the Bible has in their eyes.   Many do not feel the Bible has any authority at all and is just a religious book with fables and quaint sayings and maybe some good advice, but it is not authoritative in their eyes to instruct them or tell them about their sin.  

So, how one interprets the Bible and the weight a person gives to the Bible will determine to a large extent what they do with the Gospel.  Interpretation of Scripture and the authority it has in our lives has a direct bearing on salvation.

The people that believe that will also not claim to be saved by the blood of Christ and His resurrection.

Guest shiloh357
1 minute ago, Still Alive said:

The people that believe that will also not claim to be saved by the blood of Christ and His resurrection.

True, but the point is that how they interpret the Bible has a direct bearing on their salvation.

1 minute ago, shiloh357 said:

True, but the point is that how they interpret the Bible has a direct bearing on their salvation.

I certainly can't argue with you on that one. :)

Guest shiloh357
3 minutes ago, Still Alive said:

I've been arguing against nothing but your opinion all day. You don't back it up. You simply state your opinion about what you believe is true and that I am wrong - or worse.

You are wrong and someone with your views are enablers for atheists and skeptics who love to find Christians that doubt the authority of Scripture in order to re-enforce and shore up  their own doubts.

15 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

You are wrong and someone with your views are enablers for atheists and skeptics who love to find Christians that doubt the authority of Scripture in order to re-enforce and shore up  their own doubts.

I disagree. (Used in place of "opinions vary":D)

BTW, I don't have "Doubts". I debate Christianity a lot with atheists and "anti-Christians" from time to time. Apparently to shore up my faith, God has blessed me with four bonafide miracles, two of them healings.  I have no doubt whatsoever who my creator is and who my savior is.

Edited by Still Alive