• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,024
  • Content Per Day:  1.33
  • Days Won:  3

24 minutes ago, Davida said:

Wrong , we are disagreeing with your statements saying that the Bible has error in it and how  can that be when it was GOD who is responsible for the BIBLE - none of it is in error or contradicts God.  You seem to think that only where the OT for eg says " Doth sayeth the LORD"  is the only place in the Bible that God is literally speaking?   I think your argument is that you only believe that some men have written their opinions that have been "inspired" But, you believe that the Bible does not contain ALL of God's spiritual TRUTH. 

This is exactly what we are arguing against- this opinion you have that the Bible was only written by men.  Enoob for one has already decided it was no point in continuing in the discussion pages ago because of the circular & the dodging nature of your arguments. 

Ok.

17 minutes ago, Davida said:

Perhaps there is some  reading comprehension issues , did you read my post?

So pick the most logical explanation (A) Do you think I was speaking directly to that joking post?  or  (B) was commenting about the evasive contradictory statements you have made all thru this thread.       :thumbsup: I'll give you a hint - (B)

Well, then I guess I'll go with B. ;)

11 minutes ago, Davida said:

In your liberal perspective the BIble is only a loosely inspired collection of spiritual opinions of men & it can be cherry-picked through and other spiritual sources are on equal footing. 

We are saying you could not be more in error and we do NOT agree with your opinions--EVER.  

I don't agree with such an opinion either. Does that mean we agree?

I think that where we differ is that we may both have a hyperbolic perspective of the other side's beliefs.

i.e. I may see your perspective regarding the bible as similar to the Joseph Smith golden tablets regarding the BOM and you see my perspective on the bible as  just another self help book.

I think we both are pretty close regarding the authority of the bible in its original text. maybe not identical, but pretty close. And hey, even the apostles had some pretty strong disagreements. :)

• Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, Davida said:

Those that hold to heretical views  hates those who stick with the literal, inerrant , infallible Biblical view &  will use personal attacks, namecalling,  ad hominem  or slander. 

I have to say that is one of the most ironic posts I've ever seen. Seriously. No, I'm not joking. Nothing funny about it.

• Thumbs Up 1

5 minutes ago, Davida said:

Those that hold to heretical views  hates those who stick with the literal, inerrant , infallible Biblical view &  will use personal attacks, namecalling,  ad hominem  or slander. 

FWIW, I've had this same rule ever since I started posting on the internet in 1996:

Every time I post, I imagine that the one person in the world that has the capacity to do me the most harm, and will attack me in any way they possibly can, using my words against me at every opportunity, will read this post.

I confess in getting a bit lazy about it of late, but I understand the concept that more people than just the person I'm responding to is reading my post.

I'm actually thinking of sending a link to this thread to my pastor and hopefully getting his take on it. He may be able to teach me some things.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, Davida said:

I take exception to that. Where have I attacked you personally? or used ad hominem or slander?  

I have vehemently disagreed with your point of view & said you were being deceptive in your argument, or contradicting yourself.

Let me re-read the thread and get back to you. A couple of you guys have kinda blurred into one entity for me. It may have been the other half of that blur.

47 minutes ago, Davida said:

You seem to think that only where the OT for eg says " Doth sayeth the LORD" 

This is exactly what we are arguing against- this opinion you have that the Bible was only written by men.  Enoob for one has already decided it was no point in continuing in the discussion pages ago because of the circular & the dodging nature of your arguments. 

Generally speaking, that's the gist of it, yes. And when it says, "the devil said..." then it is the devil speaking. Etc.

But, you believe that the Bible does not contain ALL of God's spiritual TRUTH. 

That is absolutely true. That is what I believe. And I can back it up with two separate scriptures:

http://biblehub.com/1_corinthians/13-12.htm

http://biblehub.com/revelation/10-4.htm

The bible most definitely does NOT contain all of God's spiritual Truth. It only contains that which he has chosen to share with us.

Edited by Still Alive

3 minutes ago, Davida said:

The whole reason I've stayed in this thread with you ,  is I don't want to see you straying from believing God's Word and jumping from one spiritual video to the next, and not having God's word as your ultimate pt of reference.  

This is comical, but for a reason that you don't know about:

I'm having that exact challenge with my daughter. She's discovered all of these "Christian" videos and is jut gulping up all sorts of "new" stuff. I told her to watch a few of those flat earth videos to see how even things you "know" to be false can be slickly presented and actually suck some people in.

The YouTube videos are only one of many sources for me. They are useful because, with my data plan and my 3 hour commute, I can listen to them on my commute in between bible listenings. Some I find useful. Some I find VERY useful. Some I find convincing at first, but on study and verification realize that "No, the earth is not flat" (if you get my drift". I'm rarely convinced in a video, but a video will get me to research a subject.

I'm trying to get this across to my daughter as well.

And yes, the bible IS my ultimate point of reference. Like I keep saying, I think we agree more than some think we do.

2 minutes ago, Davida said:

That is what is disturbing. That you believe anyone who believes the Bible to be inerrant and infallible word of God akin to a cult like Mormonism .  That is like hillary s view that fundamental believing Christians were dangerous radicals- that is very sad, but predicted by Jesus.  Read Ray Yungren's book " A Time of Departing"or any of Warren Smith's books. 

That's not what I'm saying. I'm saying the claim, regarding the origin of the BOM was golden tablets handed down to one man as, literally, the word of God as written by God and simply copied verbatim, but in English thanks to the use of a couple of majic objects by a guy. I'm not talking about the content. I'm talking about the methodology.;)

This is the sort of disconnect I'm trying to get past here. I live by analogies. Again, it is one of the keys to my success at work and at church. I actually had a CIO at a fortune 500 company tell me I needed to write a book of analogies. This was 25 years ago and I thought he was making fun of them. He clarified that he was dead serious and that he was amazed at how effective they were in getting points across in meetings.