• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  268
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/25/2004

There is a movement among our Christian churches today that waters down the gospel. The cross of Christ is lost in the process. Repentance is no longer being required for salvation. All one has to do is pray a prayer and he or she is guaranteed a ticket into heaven no matter his or her lifestyle while on earth. I'm not purporting that we should be saved by works, but rather that faith is an action word and that we show our faith by what we do, such as is exemplified in the faith chapter (Hebrews 11) in the Bible and is spoken about in James.

Already churches have begun to replace the word of God with the teachings of man or they use the teachings of man to tell them what the word of God says, instead of allowing the Holy Spirit to reveal truth. Since the church already deifies many of its leaders (subconsciously), I don't think it would take much of a stretch to accept the antichrist and not even know you are accepting the antichrist. We have been so duped we don't even know we've been duped. It has been a slow, careful, well thought out plan to get us to accept just little lies, and then the lies get bigger, but only we don't even recognize them as lies anymore, because most believers do not study the word for themselves and they don't know the truth, so they are setting themselves up for deception.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

If when you go to the local place where the Church meets and they are not discussing Jesus, it may indicate that it is not the Church that you are meeting there. Some of the people who meet there along with the Church may deify the leaders and accept lies and so on. If the leaders are doing the lying, then I suggest to not go there since we need leaders who are of the Body.

I lived for 20 years after being baptized by water before I was baptized of the Spirit. The Gospel is simple, but accepting it and following it is not.

1) Jesus atones for the sins of men and we cannot do that for ourselves

2) Jesus was raised from the dead and is with the Father in body. If we believe that in our heart, then we are saved (from eternal torment).

I was told at the time of my baptism about tithing and "church" responsibility and everything else. When what I needed to hear (and all I needed to hear) was that Jesus paid it forward for me. Now that I know this, my life is changed and I see the false testimonies as plain as day is from night. This is directly from John14, 17the Spirit of truth. The world cannot accept him, because it neither sees him nor knows him. But you know him, for he lives with you and will be in you. but it was written on my heart before I ever read it. After I was born again you could not keep me from reading the Bible and still can't after 14 months.

I think that the only ones that are capable of being deceived are those who are not yet born again. So I pray for them in the mean time.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  197
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,461
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Birthday:  12/31/1949

After I was born again you could not keep me from reading the Bible and still can't after 14 months.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

NickyLouse,

Thank you for all your comments. I can see that you are earnestly seeking God with all your heart. I am happy to hear that you love the word of God and that you are consistent in your time with him. Praise the Lord!!

I'm not following you. I just did a quick re-read of the original post, and I'm not seeing where you are getting this from what he said on this post. Are you referring to some of his other posts? I'm confused.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

sorry

this is what I'm referring to

http://www.worthyboards.com/forums/index.p...topic=22288&hl=

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  82
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  498
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Birthday:  01/25/1949

There is a movement among our Christian churches today that waters down the gospel. The cross of Christ is lost in the process. Repentance is no longer being required for salvation. All one has to do is pray a prayer and he or she is guaranteed a ticket into heaven no matter his or her lifestyle while on earth. I'm not purporting that we should be saved by works, but rather that faith is an action word and that we show our faith by what we do, such as is exemplified in the faith chapter (Hebrews 11) in the Bible and is spoken about in James.

Already churches have begun to replace the word of God with the teachings of man or they use the teachings of man to tell them what the word of God says, instead of allowing the Holy Spirit to reveal truth. Since the church already deifies many of its leaders (subconsciously), I don't think it would take much of a stretch to accept the antichrist and not even know you are accepting the antichrist. We have been so duped we don't even know we've been duped. It has been a slow, careful, well thought out plan to get us to accept just little lies, and then the lies get bigger, but only we don't even recognize them as lies anymore, because most believers do not study the word for themselves and they don't know the truth, so they are setting themselves up for deception.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

If when you go to the local place where the Church meets and they are not discussing Jesus, it may indicate that it is not the Church that you are meeting there. Some of the people who meet there along with the Church may deify the leaders and accept lies and so on. If the leaders are doing the lying, then I suggest to not go there since we need leaders who are of the Body.

I lived for 20 years after being baptized by water before I was baptized of the Spirit. The Gospel is simple, but accepting it and following it is not.

1) Jesus atones for the sins of men and we cannot do that for ourselves

2) Jesus was raised from the dead and is with the Father in body. If we believe that in our heart, then we are saved (from eternal torment).

I was told at the time of my baptism about tithing and "church" responsibility and everything else. When what I needed to hear (and all I needed to hear) was that Jesus paid it forward for me. Now that I know this, my life is changed and I see the false testimonies as plain as day is from night. This is directly from John14, 17the Spirit of truth. The world cannot accept him, because it neither sees him nor knows him. But you know him, for he lives with you and will be in you. but it was written on my heart before I ever read it. After I was born again you could not keep me from reading the Bible and still can't after 14 months.

I think that the only ones that are capable of being deceived are those who are not yet born again. So I pray for them in the mean time.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

KOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL :huh:

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  87
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

I see people are having fun with this topic and that's good.

Yet it is a serious topic, taken with the day and the hour and the "state" of the body of Christ here, and the body of Christ in the rest of the world. More than 85% of the worlds population lives in Anti christian areas. They can tell you that suffering and persecution is very real. Yet with persecution and even death they overcome with the blood of the lamb and the word of their testimony. We must all ask Would we be as brave as they are, when our ideal of persecution is someone calling us a bad name, or thinking that we are weird? Things to think about especially in this day and hour.

Scripture says there are many anti christ's already in the world. And it does say that before that day comes that the anti christ will be revealed to believers. You may know that very few of the churchs outside the west believe in a fly away rapture, they believe in scripture alone, which says I would not have you deceived. THAT day shall not come until the son of perdition be revealed.

Thessalonians will also tell you that there is not going to be a revival and swelling numbers added to the church, but many falling away. That is subtraction not addition.

We need to get back to what Scriptures say. Not what we surmise, or someone elses pet interpretation. IF the bible says it it is true if man says it it is false. Simple as that.

Edited by Sir W Dakotah

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  97
  • Content Count:  5,850
  • Content Per Day:  0.84
  • Birthday:  08/11/1911

I often wonder to myself whether I have that kind of courage. I would like to think I do but although I haven't had a particularilly easy life, I also have not had a particularilly hard one. My courage has not been tested much during my time on this earth and I wonder if maybe I might submit under pressure. It is a scary thought , to think I could turn my back on God to save my skin. It is scarier than the thought of being killed for my faith. I have thought deeply about this, perhaps to deeply. If it came downt o me or my kids , who would I choose? On one hand I couldn't bare the thought of my kids watching me die and then going without a father. On the other hand, I couldn't stand the thought of me watching my kids die and being helpless to do anything. This might sound a little morbid but the way things are going in the world today we might be faced with these kind of decisions. I hope I have courage. Only time will tell I guess.

:blink:

I often wonder to myself whether I have that kind of courage. I would like to think I do but although I haven't had a particularilly easy life, I also have not had a particularilly hard one. My courage has not been tested much during my time on this earth and I wonder if maybe I might submit under pressure. It is a scary thought , to think I could turn my back on God to save my skin. It is scarier than the thought of being killed for my faith. I have thought deeply about this, perhaps to deeply. If it came downt o me or my kids , who would I choose? On one hand I couldn't bare the thought of my kids watching me die and then going without a father. On the other hand, I couldn't stand the thought of me watching my kids die and being helpless to do anything. This might sound a little morbid but the way things are going in the world today we might be faced with these kind of decisions. I hope I have courage. Only time will tell I guess.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Gerioke,

Thank you so much for sharing that!! See, you do have a serious side. :)

I do believe you may be given the opportunity to suffer for Christ in the not so far off future. I am of the belief that there is not a pre-trib rapture. If my understanding is correct on this subject, that is primarily an American belief. And, I think it is because we are spoiled rotten (Americans) and we don't think God would allow us to go through anything like that. My response to that is, "Who do we think we are?" There are Christians being killed and imprisoned and persecuted for their faith in Christ all over the world. We are only beginning to face religious persecution here in America. But, it is coming.

When I think of the persecution that you mentioned, I can only think of movies I have seen about terrorists and negotiators, etc., and how the bad guys usually kill everyone anyway. They try to threaten you and make you think that if you give in to them that they will spare you or your family, but a smart person always knows that you can't trust bad guys, so you might as well die for what you know and not say something that could cost many other lives. We're all going to die one day anyway. And, if I am going to die, I would rather do it in honor, dying for something I believe in rather than die a coward's death.

I guess I have the advantage here, because I have known persecution most of my life. As you can probably tell, I take my Lord and my faith very seriously. Well, even most Christians are not that serious, so I've been misunderstood a lot over my lifetime. And, I have been judged falsely and judgments made against me based upon surface evaluation alone, etc. My father was an abuser, so I grew up under abuse. All in all, I think I am blessed, because of all the abuse and persecution I have faced in my lifetime, it has made me strong. If my choice is to obey God or please men, my choice will always be to please God, even if it means the rejection or persecution of men. I WILL NOT BE SHAKEN!

We have to always keep in mind that God is Sovereign, and as such, he is not going to allow anything to happen in our lives but that he is going to accomplish good in our lives through it. Yes, the ultimate test of faith would be if we were given the choice of denying Christ or watching someone we love being killed, but you know the bad guys are going to do what they are going to do anyway and if we know the Lord, we are all going to a better place. If I had to trust my life or the lives of my family into the hands of God or the hands of the enemy, it would be a no brainer! God would win out every time!!

Now, this is my belief here: I believe the Lord has revealed to me through my times with him in prayer and in his word that his coming is not far away - in our lifetime, and that the antichrist is already at work, and I also believe he has shown me that prior to the seven years of tribulation, God is going to pour out his wrath on this earth, including America, and many people are going to die. I believe the "falling away" has already taken place. And, I believe that God has promised me that as a result of this great judgment that he is going to bring about a revival upon the earth and that many people will be saved. I can't prove it. I just know it in my heart.

So, the first test of our faith is most likely going to be some kind of terrorist attack on our country (worse than anything we have seen before) or we are going to have multiple natural disasters unlike anything we have ever seen before, or a combination of both. When God showed me this, I was not reading anything from anyone else. I was not on any discussion websites. This was just from my time with him. Since then, God has confirmed this through many others, including historians, geologists, scientists, and other believers to whom God said the same thing. I can't tell you to believe it because I said it. But, I can ask that you take it to God in prayer. And, I will ask that you begin to think about your comments here and ask the Lord to help you prepare for such a time, because it is coming.

Now that I have probably blown you away, I just want to say again "thanks" for sharing from your heart. I appreciate it!!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

If we die to self we live to Christ, he despised the cross but looked to the glory that lay before him. It was not easy what he did, even he dreaded what was going to come upon him. However, look at the glory set before us. Life is a precious thing, yet eternity is even more precious.

I always looked at it like this, I might save my physical body, for a while, but lose my soul for eternity. That brings it into sharper contrast. In the past the body of Christ have died for the word of God. The early christians in Rome, the reformers in the dark, and middle ages. And the christians in muslim lands throughout the muslim world.

And now in our own country. I know a christian family personally who was martyred in New Jersey America for their faith and their witness. It is coming and we must decide where do we stand, do we stand for the Lord and save our lives for eternity.

I am currently becoming involved with Voice of the Martyrs. People all over the world are suffering for the Word.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  97
  • Content Count:  5,850
  • Content Per Day:  0.84
  • Birthday:  08/11/1911

Canada has become a mecca for muslims over the past 30 years. (no pun intended). It concerns me that the middle east culture has advanced so rapidly here. Toronto and surrounding areas have become a melting pot of culture and I can see the day coming whena muslim can run for primeminister and give the traditional Canadian a run for his money. If not a muslim PM then at least one of those new age liberals. So many people think it's cool to be anti christian, it is scary. Even where I live we are surrounded by relatives and friends of relatives and my family is treated like outcasts. I don't know if it's because I'm christian or if it's because I'm from Ontario or both. But if all hell broke loose I don't think my family would get much support. Too many christians are seeking peace with other religions. Too many christians are willing to speak out against their brothers to look good in the eyes of the world. I really can't tell who's on my side. :blink:

Gerioke,

Thank you so much for sharing that!! See, you do have a serious side. :blink:

I do believe you may be given the opportunity to suffer for Christ in the not so far off future. I am of the belief that there is not a pre-trib rapture. If my understanding is correct on this subject, that is primarily an American belief. And, I think it is because we are spoiled rotten (Americans) and we don't think God would allow us to go through anything like that. My response to that is, "Who do we think we are?" There are Christians being killed and imprisoned and persecuted for their faith in Christ all over the world. We are only beginning to face religious persecution here in America. But, it is coming.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Your correct Sue

That is a western teaching of pretrib rapture. I was always taught that in the church where I was saved some 46 years ago. I never questioned the doctrine, and thought that no one else did, until about 1975 when I was studying the book of Thessalonians. Suddenly the Holy Spirit opened my eyes. Over the years, I have tried to prove him wrong, because my flesh wants to believe we will not suffer in this life.

However, so far nothing has been able to convince me that He is wrong..sad to say.

It is the work of the Holy Spirit to lead us into all truth..to teach the church. Lets pray the church are wise students.Instead of those who will not abide sound doctrine but have itching ears. Or as James said hearer's of the word and not doers who deceive themselves.

Great deception has come into the church that I thought I would never live to see and it causes me great grief.