• Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,193
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

13 hours ago, Pure Waters said:

Why did the couple in Acts of the Apostles immediately fall down and die when Peter confronted them?

The only way we can get to know God is directly through His Word conjoined with God The Holy Spirit within teaching it to us... a proper hermeneutic (science of written languages interpretation) for God's Word is written to all people in all times and the one key factor is this very reality (all people in all times through one source) God says this about histories

Isa 48:12-17

12 Hearken unto me, O Jacob and Israel, my called; I am he; I am the first, I also am the last.

13 Mine hand also hath laid the foundation of the earth, and my right hand hath spanned the heavens: when I call unto them, they stand up together.

14 All ye, assemble yourselves, and hear; which among them hath declared these things? The LORD hath loved him: he will do his pleasure on Babylon, and his arm shall be on the Chaldeans.

15 I, even I, have spoken; yea, I have called him: I have brought him, and he shall make his way prosperous.

16 Come ye near unto me, hear ye this; I have not spoken in secret from the beginning; from the time that it was, there am I: and now the Lord GOD, and his Spirit, hath sent me.

17 Thus saith the LORD, thy Redeemer, the Holy One of Israel; I am the LORD thy God which teacheth thee to profit, which leadeth thee by the way that thou shouldest go.
KJV

Understanding this is the start or (first) to the newly formed Church and God wants us to know that this type of activity is not tolerated in the very beginning nor in the very ending...

12 hours ago, Pure Waters said:

So when it says they have Satan in their heart, was it Satan who killed them? Or what exactly killed them?

New life is from above and without new life people are born dead and will remain dead.... their hearts were all of this world and the things of this world and there is no new life within that! This is what this testifies to us and John writes it down very succinctly

1 John 2:15-19

15 Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him.

16 For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world.

17 And the world passeth away, and the lust thereof: but he that doeth the will of God abideth for ever.

18 Little children, it is the last time: and as ye have heard that antichrist shall come, even now are there many antichrists; whereby we know that it is the last time.

19 They went out from us, but they were not of us; for if they had been of us, they would no doubt have continued with us: but they went out, that they might be made manifest that they were not all of us.
KJV

12 hours ago, Pure Waters said:

I mean Im a bit confused because I've never read of anyone who instantly died because of their sin(Probably because I just started reading the bible for the first time). Getting sick or possessed, that seems clear to me but instant death surprised me.

Because God alone 'IS' the sole authority in all matters … His direction to us is clearly seen so that by His Word we know the seriousness of this behavior whether or not now instant judgment. There is also the aspect of God not wanting anyone to perish thus His patience for repentance of all is seen from Genesis to Revelation 

2 Peter 3:9-11

9 The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.

10 But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.

11 Seeing then that all these things shall be dissolved, what manner of persons ought ye to be in all holy conversation and godliness,
KJV

So this question remains for you - seeing how God is going to destroy all that was first created do you see this world as everything or nothing (as to God and the everlasting)?