IGNORED

Problem with evolution

Guest shiloh357
21 minutes ago, SerenelyBlue said:

How exactly does God guide evolution?  

He doesn't. Evolution isn't true.

Guest shiloh357
29 minutes ago, SerenelyBlue said:

That is what I believe in thank you.  That God is the first cause.  Of course the human being is a product of evolution.  All biological life emanates from a common ancestor.

That is not true.   Man, according to the Bible, was created separately from the rest of the created order.   He was made from the dirt.  He has no common ancestor with the rest of biological life.  

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  16
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

1 minute ago, shiloh357 said:

He doesn't. Evolution isn't true.

I am not debating evolution.  There is too much scientific data to explain  the theory.  I am however interested in how theistic evolution works.

Guest shiloh357
1 minute ago, SerenelyBlue said:

I am not debating evolution.  There is too much scientific data to explain  the theory.  I am however interested in how theistic evolution works.

There is no scientific data for Evolution.  Evolution has never been intuitively observed.  God can't guide what doesn't exist in the first place.

Theistic Evolution basically states that God created all of the biological processes that Evolution says are the result of naturalism.  Theistic Evolution is a oxymoronic as Atheistic Christianity.    

There are a lot of planets out there.  God is the first cause and took an interest in us because we have evolved into beings that have moral awareness and are aware of God.  God knew we would exist.  He knows the future.  It was his plan for us to exist.  Predestination.  But just because he knew we would exist does not mean that he actively directed evolution.  We are in the figurative image of God.  We feel, we create, we destroy, we love, etc.  God's logic is not man's logic.  He is an unfathomable spiritual mega super mega super mega super mega super mega super entity.

You don't have to deny science to be acceptable to God.

Edited by SerenelyBlue

Guest shiloh357
22 minutes ago, SerenelyBlue said:

There are a lot of planets out there.  God is the first cause and took an interest in us because we have evolved into beings that have moral awareness and are aware of God.

No, we are special creations made in God's image.  We did not evolve into a moral awareness because morality is not part of evolution.   We did not evolve into an awareness of God.  We were created by God to know Him and Adam was created to know and be in relationship with God.

God knew we would exist.  He knows the future.  It was his plan for us to exist.  Predestination.  But just because he knew we would exist does not mean that he actively directed evolution.

He didn't direct evolution.  He directly created the world and the Bible says that man was created from the dirt, not as an evolved creature.   If you are saying that evolution happened apart from God, then you deny the sovereignty of God.  It would mean that there are rogue forces out there operating independently of God.   If Evolution is independent of God, that is one of the best arguments against Evolution, due to the fact that it means that God is not complete control and that undermines Predestination.

We are in the figurative image of God.  

No, we are not.  There is no such thing as a "figurative" image of God.   We are created in His image and in His likeness, just as the Bible says.

We feel, we create, we destroy, we love, etc.  God's logic is not man's logic.  He is an unfathomable spiritual mega super mega super mega super mega super mega super entity.

Yes, God's logic is not ours;  which is why Evolution, based solely on man's logic and less than credible foundations is not true.   An all-powerful, all-knowing God would not use evolution and would have created everything perfectly with no need to evolve, as God doesn't create imperfection, nor does He create imperfectly.

Look I don't know.  Things have happened in my life to make me believe there is a God.  The God of the Bible.  I am just trying to make sense of the Bible.  Evolution as a scientific theory (gravity is a theory) is rock solid.  I am trying to reconcile it with the Bible.

Paul was also ignorant of evolution maybe...

Guest shiloh357
50 minutes ago, SerenelyBlue said:

Look I don't know.  Things have happened in my life to make me believe there is a God.  The God of the Bible.  I am just trying to make sense of the Bible.  Evolution as a scientific theory (gravity is a theory) is rock solid.  I am trying to reconcile it with the Bible.

No, it is not rock solid.  And Evolution cannot be compared with Gravity.  We can observe gravity.   We cannot observe Evolution.  No one has. 

Evolution cannot be reconciled with the Bible because the Bible says that man was created from the dirt, which means that man did not evolve or have any common ancestors with the rest of the  biological system.  So you have a huge problem there.   Evolution, as a theory is wholly impersonal and naturalistic, but the Bible says that creation was done at the will of a personal God and was supernatural in nature.   There is no reconciliation possible between those two facts.