• Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,188
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

25 minutes ago, Carrie G said:

So you believe it is possible that everyone may in fact be saved based on the fact that God is not willing that any should perish? 

Loved one I already answered that question :) and I have shown you that if God exercises His Sovereignty according to the Calvinist there cannot be any displeasure in the death of the wicked yet there is according to God Himself... you press me for conclusions that I cannot now give. That is why I told you I find no shame in waiting for God to enlarge me to know some of these great truth held in tension within His Word! Remember we do not learn from God so that we may encompass Him in The Who of Him but rather gain in our glorying in His Persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit! Know always we are here in our progress of the study of God's Word

1 Cor 8:2-3

2 And if any man think that he knoweth anything, he knoweth nothing yet as he ought to know.

3 But if any man love God, the same is known of him.
KJV

Guest 1sheep

18 hours ago, enoob57 said:

One of the errors of Calvinism is God did not die for all of Adams children; only the elect... the mechanism of sovereignty they use to persuade people of this fact. Why I have not bought into this is basically three areas of verses:

Isa 46:8-10

8 Remember this, and shew yourselves men: bring it again to mind, O ye transgressors.

9 Remember the former things of old: for I am God, and there is none else; I am God, and there is none like me,

10 Declaring the end from the beginning, and from ancient times the things that are not yet done, saying, My counsel shall stand, and I will do all my pleasure:
KJV

What God says here from begin to end -what I have done will be in My pleasure

Ezek 33:11

11 Say unto them, As I live, saith the Lord GOD, I have no pleasure in the death of the wicked; but that the wicked turn from his way and live: turn ye, turn ye from your evil ways; for why will ye die, O house of Israel?
KJV

2 Peter 3:9

9 The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.
KJV

for the Calvinistic build to be correct these two verse cannot exist or better how can there be displeasure with God if he predestines some to eternal damnation?  

Right out of the gate it is apparent that you are confused with hyper calvinism and calvinism.You label your assertions as calvinism when in fact they are hyper calvinism.

Edited by 1sheep

Guest 1sheep
19 hours ago, Carrie G said:

@enoob57 I am not very well versed in limited atonement. I recently read a book by John MacArthur called "The God Who Loves." I will have to read it again to let it sink in. In it John MacArthur says that in John 3:16 God is talking about mankind in general. He insists that God is sincere in His "yearning for the wicked to repent." He says that God " indiscriminately offers mercy to all who will come to Christ." Matt. 11:28-30 is stated as an example of this. He declares hyper -Calvanism  denies God loves for the non-elect, denies common grace and denies eternal life is offered to everyone.  I am still struggling to grasp why God didn't save everyone, but I did feel better after reading that book. 

Hi Carrie. John MacArthur is an excellent expository preacher of his time. In fact he is the only one of this time. Stick with his teaching. You will learn alot and grow in truth and spirit. Going online asking people whom you do not know is only going to confuse you because there is no way for you to know what all they believe. Study as the berean. Let scripture teach you with the leading of the Holy Spirit. There are many ways to get your questions answered. Grace to you website and he is also on FB. 

Guest 1sheep
58 minutes ago, Carrie G said:

So you believe it is possible that everyone may in fact be saved based on the fact that God is not willing that any should perish? 

No. That is wishful thinking. Look around. How many do you see walking the narrow road? Scripture says FEW .

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  36
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  12/16/1974

33 minutes ago, enoob57 said:

Loved one I already answered that question :) and I have shown you that if God exercises His Sovereignty according to the Calvinist there cannot be any displeasure in the death of the wicked yet there is according to God Himself... you press me for conclusions that I cannot now give. That is why I told you I find no shame in waiting for God to enlarge me to know some of these great truth held in tension within His Word! Remember we do not learn from God so that we may encompass Him in The Who of Him but rather gain in our glorying in His Persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit! Know always we are here in our progress of the study of God's Word

1 Cor 8:2-3

2 And if any man think that he knoweth anything, he knoweth nothing yet as he ought to know.

3 But if any man love God, the same is known of him.
KJV

Okay, thank you for your patience with me. I do believe in limited atonement, but I am open to understand a different way of looking at it. I am praying for God to reveal more knowledge to us both. God Bless you.

19 minutes ago, 1sheep said:

Hi Carrie. John MacArthur is an excellent expository preacher of his time. In fact he is the only one of this time. Stick with his teaching. You will learn alot and grow in truth and spirit. Going online asking people whom you do not know is only going to confuse you because there is no way for you to know what all they believe. Study as the berean. Let scripture teach you with the leading of the Holy Spirit. There are many ways to get your questions answered. Grace to you website and he is also on FB. 

Thank you very much for your encouragement. I just listed to a sermon by him called The Atonement Real or Potential. It made a lot of sense to me. Especially John 10. I do stick mostly with John MacArthur when wanting to understand something better. As long as I am not fighting over what I believe I don't mind considering other angles. 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,188
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

1 hour ago, 1sheep said:

You are confusing

Right out of the gate it is apparent that you are confused with hyper calvinism and calvinism.You label your assertions as calvinism when in fact they are hyper calvinism.

This is amazing... out of confusion you have concluded something!

1 hour ago, shiloh357 said:

Really?? because is says the older will serve the younger.  It is about God choosing Jacob over Esau and from Jacob bring forth a nation through whom the Messiah would come.  It has everything to do with service.  Nothing in that is about salvation.   It is a defense against any claim that God was unjust toward Israel.  

I think your missing the point of the chapter. Although, I can see where you would take it as service now. 

Guest 1sheep
17 minutes ago, enoob57 said:

Sarcasm is not a godly attribute. Ill fix my errors in my sentence structure. Will you fix your prideful countenance?

Guest 1sheep
22 minutes ago, enoob57 said:

It was easiest for you to respond with a catty smart elek remark rather than addressing what I said.