Not me

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  513
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  3,192
  • Content Per Day:  1.44
  • Days Won:  1

Our salvations are secured by the new birth. This is the starting point, the soil from which all things are to grow.  This new birth, growing into a full man in Christ is the purpose of the new birth.  

As with receiving the new birth,  it came through faith. Just the same, all growth of the new birth comes through faith also.

Our salvation in Christ is a complete and total finished thing before God. Never to get more or less. What is this finished thing exactly that Christ did for us on the cross. Understanding what He did for us in its totality, is of vital importance for those that would be perfect before Him.

The fact is He not only died for us, but He took us to death with Him, so we might live in newness of life in the here and now. This is how He secured our salvation by taking us to death with Him so that all things could become new. That in all those that would be willing to give up there life’s unto death, daily, not just willing to die for Him as a final act. But willing to give up their lives  while they were still alive to Him. This is what is meant by presenting ourselfs as a living sacrifice to Him. This presenting is a moment by moment presenting.

It is believing that when;

“Jesus died, I died, that I might be a new creation, created, in righteousness, by righteousness, for righteousness.”

For righteousness being manifested in all things is why Christ died. That righteousness would once again rule in all things. 

Until this foundation is known and experienced, fellowship with God will be spotty. Great and glorious times will be experienced only to come to a screaming halt. For disobedience/sin will  raise it’s head once again. Repentance will come, but it will be a struggle, much hatred of oneself will be endured. Till once again the peace of Christ is felt in the heart. Only to repeat itself again, to the total despair of the believer. Over and over again. To the point that the believer believes that there is no way to walk in newness of life, (like he reads in scripture). This is what their brothers and sisters are experiencing, and being taught, so they believe that this is the all of what Christianity is. But this is not the case.

Christians as a whole, believe that Jesus died for their sins. This belief is that which gives them the new birth. But this birth is for the direct purpose of growing. As with all things that come from God they come through faith. Just as our being saved comes through the faith that Christ died for us. Our growth in Christ comes through our faith that when He died we died. It is believing and having faith in the operation of God in our souls. That is Him doing something in us that we cannot do for ourselfs. For anything else is a work of the flesh or trying to establish a righteousness of one’s own. For our salvation in Christ is really and truly having God form Himself in us. So we can walk in righteousness with no breaks in fellowship through our deliberate choosing of sin over Him.

This “will or “us”” that would choose sin, that we find still alive in us, after our receiving Christ, is that that Christ tells us to reckon dead. It is this faith put into practice that is that faith that sets a believer free from their fallen nature. For the scripture that’s says;

“the just shall live by faith.”

Is telling us that faith is to be the all of our walks with Him. But faith in what?  It is believing in the totality of what Christ accomplished on the cross. And that was “when He died, we died”.

It is our “reckoning ourselfs dead” by faith that is that which has been lost to Christianity as a whole.  

Ask God about this. For growing in Him is what our salvation is all about. For if there is any truth in these writings, we most assuredly want all that God has for us. 

Blessings, 

Much love in Christ, Not me

• Loved it! 1
  • Brilliant! 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,679
  • Content Per Day:  1.39
  • Days Won:  16

DEAD MEN CAN'T SIN!  :)   lol...I KNOW IT....I have intellectually apprehended it, but I still fall in and out of BELIEVING it in my HEART where it counts.   This IS the "work" we've been assigned...to BELIEVE!

This truth that we DIED with  Him is so fundamental and so strongly resisted by our carnal minds I do believe its worthy of a LOT of our attention and effort applied to just believing.

thanks for the reminder once more brother....i needed it.  again....

• Praise God! 2

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  513
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  3,192
  • Content Per Day:  1.44
  • Days Won:  1

5 hours ago, Jostler said:

DEAD MEN CAN'T SIN!  :)   lol...I KNOW IT....I have intellectually apprehended it, but I still fall in and out of BELIEVING it in my HEART where it counts.   This IS the "work" we've been assigned...to BELIEVE!

This truth that we DIED with  Him is so fundamental and so strongly resisted by our carnal minds I do believe its worthy of a LOT of our attention and effort applied to just believing.

thanks for the reminder once more brother....i needed it.  again....

Yes, yes, blessed are you! ....To see this is the foundation of our having our old man put to death, is a great thing indeed. For it is the first step. To know this truth first with the mind (reasoning) and to see the truth of the truth of it! Only blessings and increase can follow.  

Than as God has promised to perfect that which concerns you. He will bring this truth home to your heart, where you see it as “life.”  Where the command to “reckon yourself dead onto sin but alive unto God” becomes the most blessed command ever given!!! 

Keep pressing in, for you are in the School of Christ. This desire of your heart to know what it means to be “dead in Christ” by experience. Will most certainly be filled. Just don’t stop asking/seeking/knocking.

Yes, this is where the fight of faith comes in,  to believe and reckon yourself dead, when all your passions and desires are in the  opposite direction. But once by experience this is tried and put in practice glory and freedom from oneself will be found. 

For we are are worst enemy. To be freed from us is what our salvation in Christ brings to us. 

Blessings as God makes this a living reality in your life. 

If it helps, this truth will be settled once it is known by the believer, that it is better to die than sin. Than the gift of our deaths in Christ is such a loving and great and awesome gift,  no words can express the greatness of our God. 

Blessings in your search and journey.  For God has promised that the believer that searches for Him with all their heart will find Him. 

Much love in Christ, Not me 

Edited by Not me