a stronghold for the needy in distress,
a refuge from the storm,
a shade from the heat.
For the breath of the ruthless
is like rain against a wall,
5  like heat in a dry land.
You subdue the uproar of foreigners.
As the shade of a cloud cools the heat,
so the song of the ruthless is silenced.

@itty-bitty lamb I've loved that verse 4 for decades...(rather similar to Psalm 46, right?)

• Thumbs Up 2

Guest AFlameOfFire

This is a little long, but I hate opening threads but its all scripture showing between the places quoted confirmation in them (between Peter and Paul) of the things that were prophesied to come by the former prophets. I just never really looked at it and just took up looking at this and I  think its a nice layout  between them when you just follow through between their words  (I repeat) but its to further catch how they confirm more.

Peter

1 Peter 1:3  Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, which according to his abundant mercy hath begotten us again unto a lively hope by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead,
1 Peter 1:4 To an inheritance incorruptible, and undefiled, and that fadeth not away, reserved in heaven for you,
1 Peter 1:5 Who are kept by the power of God through faith unto salvation ready to be revealed in the last time.
1 Peter 1:6 Wherein ye greatly rejoice, though now for a season, if need be, ye are in heaviness through manifold temptations:
1 Peter 1:7 That the trial of your faith, being much more precious than of gold that perisheth, though it be tried with fire, might be found unto praise and honour and glory at the appearing of Jesus Christ:
1 Peter 1:8 Whom having not seen, ye love; in whom, though now ye see him not, yet believing, ye rejoice with joy unspeakable and full of glory:
1 Peter 1:9 Receiving the end of your faith, even the salvation of your souls.
1 Peter 1:10 Of which salvation the prophets have inquired and searched diligently, who prophesied of the grace that should come unto you:
1 Peter 1:11 Searching what, or what manner of time the Spirit of Christ which was in them did signify, when it testified beforehand the sufferings of Christ and the glory that should follow.
1 Peter 1:12 Unto whom it was revealed, that not unto themselves, but unto us they did minister the things, which are now reported unto you by them that have preached the gospel unto you with the Holy Ghost sent down from heaven; which things the angels desire to look into.
1 Peter 1:13 Wherefore gird up the loins of your mind, be sober, and hope to the end for the grace that is to be brought unto you at 
the revelation of Jesus Christ

Paul

Romans 16:25 Now to him that is of power to stablish you according to my gospel, and the preaching of Jesus Christ,  according to the revelation of the mystery, which was kept secret since the world began,
Romans 16:26-27 But now is made manifest, and by the scriptures of the prophets, according to the commandment of the everlasting God, made known to all nations for the obedience of faith: To God only wise, be glory through Jesus Christ for ever. Amen.

Peter

1 Peter 1:10 Of which salvation the prophets have inquired and searched diligently, who prophesied of the grace that should come unto you:

Paul

Col 1:25 Whereof I am made a minister, according to the dispensation of God which is given to me for you, to fulfil the word of God;
Col 1:26 Even the mystery which hath been hid from ages and from generations, but now is made manifest to his saints:
Col 1:27 To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory:
Col 1:28 Whom we preach, warning every man, and teaching every man in all wisdom; that we may present every man perfect in Christ Jesus:
Col 1:29 Whereunto I also labor, striving according to his working, which worketh in me mightily

Again Peter..." these who prophesied of the grace that should come unto you"

1 Peter 1:11 Searching what, or what manner of time the Spirit of Christ which was in them did signify, when it testified beforehand the 
sufferings of Christ and the glory that should follow.
1 Peter 1:12 Unto whom it was revealed, that not unto themselves, but unto us they did minister the things, which are now reported unto you by them that have preached the gospel unto you with the Holy Ghost sent down from heaven

Paul... " If ye have heard of the dispensation of the grace of God which is given me to you-ward"

Ephes 3:2 If ye have heard of the dispensation of the grace of God which is given me to you-ward:
Ephes 3:5 Which in other ages was not made known unto the sons of men, as it is now revealed unto his holy apostles and prophets by the Spirit;
Ephes 3:6 That the Gentiles should be fellow heirs, and of the same body, and partakers of his promise in Christ by the gospel:
Ephes 3:7 Whereof I was made a minister, according to the gift of the grace of God given unto me by the effectual working of his power.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  34
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,443
  • Content Per Day:  0.83
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  08/11/1989

Haggai 1 

9 You looked for much, and behold, it came to little. And when you brought it home, I blew it away. Why? declares the Lord of hosts. Because of my house that lies in ruins, while each of you busies himself with his own house. 

10 Therefore the heavens above you have withheld the dew, and the earth has withheld its produce.

• Thumbs Up 2

Guest AFlameOfFire

Paul, husbands

Col 3:19 Husbands, love your wives, and be not bitter against them.

The LORD, husbands

Mal 2:13 And this have ye done again, covering the altar of the LORD with tears, with weeping, and with crying out, insomuch that he regardeth not the offering any more, or receiveth it with good will at your hand.

The husbands themselves

Mal 2:14 Yet ye say, Wherefore? Because the LORD hath been witness between thee and the wife of thy youth, against whom thou hast dealt treacherously: yet is she thy companion, and the wife of thy covenant.

Peter, husbands

1Peter 3:7 Likewise, ye husbands, dwell with them according to knowledge, giving honour unto the wife, as unto the weaker vessel, and as being heirs together of the grace of life; that your prayers be not hindered.

Shows the husbands prayers can be hindered (in respects to how they treat their wives) The wife of their covenant). The LORD is a witness between them

Edited by AFlameOfFire

Zechariah 1

14 So the angel who talked with me said to me, ‘Cry out, Thus says the Lord of hosts: I am exceedingly jealous for Jerusalem and for Zion. 

15 And I am exceedingly angry with the nations that are at ease; for while I was angry but a little, they furthered the disaster. 

16 Therefore, thus says the Lord, I have returned to Jerusalem with mercy; my house shall be built in it, declares the Lord of hosts, and the measuring line shall be stretched out over Jerusalem. 

17 Cry out again, Thus says the Lord of hosts: My cities shall again overflow with prosperity, and the Lord will again comfort Zion and again choose Jerusalem.’”

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  2,258
  • Topics Per Day:  0.50
  • Content Count:  4,383
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Birthday:  04/11/1947

11-22-23 

2 Timothy 1:7

For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.

Love, Walter And Debbie

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  26
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  6,561
  • Content Per Day:  12.17
  • Days Won:  31

6 hours ago, Walter and Deborah said:

11-22-23 

2 Timothy 1:7

For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.

Love, Walter And Debbie

Reminds me of the recurrence of sober-mindedness as a theme in Titus also.........

• Thumbs Up 2

Zephaniah 3

11 “On that day you shall not be put to shame

because of the deeds by which you have rebelled against me;

for then I will remove from your midst

your proudly exultant ones,

and you shall no longer be haughty

in my holy mountain.

12 But I will leave in your midst

a people humble and lowly.

They shall seek refuge in the name of the Lord,

13 those who are left in Israel;

they shall do no injustice

and speak no lies,

nor shall there be found in their mouth

a deceitful tongue.

For they shall graze and lie down,

and none shall make them afraid.”

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Topic Count:  38
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,975
  • Content Per Day:  5.43
  • Days Won:  45
  • Birthday:  01/25/1961

Psalm 23

23 The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want.

2 He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters.

3 He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake.

4 Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.

5 Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over.

6 Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the Lord for ever.

• Loved it! 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Topic Count:  2,258
  • Topics Per Day:  0.50
  • Content Count:  4,383
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Birthday:  04/11/1947

11-26-23

1 Corinthians 10:5

But with many of them God was not well pleased: for they were overthrown in the wilderness.
  • Thumbs Up 2