• Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  12/31/1949

BUMP.

Hi all.

In His Love,

Suzanne

Suzanne,

Is there a reason you bumped this thread? What has the Lord been teaching you lately? I've been reading in the Psalms. I was praying for someone who is caught in serious sexual sin and who is compounding it through lies and deceit, and this is what I read:

Psalm 36

For the director of music. Of David the servant of the LORD.

1 An oracle is within my heart

concerning the sinfulness of the wicked:

There is no fear of God

before his eyes.

2 For in his own eyes he flatters himself

too much to detect or hate his sin.

3 The words of his mouth are wicked and deceitful;

he has ceased to be wise and to do good.

4 Even on his bed he plots evil;

he commits himself to a sinful course

and does not reject what is wrong.

Sadly, not only does this describe this person, but it describes so much of mankind. People have lost the fear of God. They don't hate sin anymore. They deceive themselves by their own lies and excuses and they continue in their sin by planning how to cover it up or to excuse it away. We, as a people, have become so desensitized to what sin really is. So many believers are caught up in the lie, too. It is so sad!

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  12
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Birthday:  12/19/1985

Romans 1:30 ish or so says that all sin is pretty much in the same boat, so wouldn't anything be consiered "serious sin"???

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  105
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,131
  • Content Per Day:  0.45
  • Days Won:  1

Sadly, not only does this describe this person, but it describes so much of mankind. People have lost the fear of God. They don't hate sin anymore. They deceive themselves by their own lies and excuses and they continue in their sin by planning how to cover it up or to excuse it away. We, as a people, have become so desensitized to what sin really is. So many believers are caught up in the lie, too. It is so sad!

--------------------

Sue

Sue, in all seriousness..what are we to do about it...

When I see this Psalm being acted out by me I can recognize it as sin and repent..

but for those who do not , what is the answer for them?

I can tell an individual they are doing wrong and they will tell me its not my business to tell them what is wrong or right...

We keep looking at all these problems as one big blob and its like standing on the shore watching a ship sink..what are we to do?

Other than pray I really do not know... :21:

I am feeling a little discouraged tonight because of the folks I see sinking...and there is nothing I can do!

• Topic Count:  197
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,461

--------------------

Sue

Sue, in all seriousness..what are we to do about it...

When I see this Psalm being acted out by me I can recognize it as sin and repent..

but for those who do not , what is the answer for them?

I can tell an individual they are doing wrong and they will tell me its not my business to tell them what is wrong or right...

We keep looking at all these problems as one big blob and its like standing on the shore watching a ship sink..what are we to do?

Other than pray I really do not know... :blink:

I am feeling a little discouraged tonight because of the folks I see sinking...and there is nothing I can do!

God says we are to tell them what he tells us to tell them. He says we are responsible for those in the body of Christ. So, if the person you are speaking of is a believer, then it is your business. But, we are not responsible for their response. He says whether they listen or they don't listen, we are still supposed to tell them the truth. Then, we leave the results up to God and just pray. It is the Holy Spirit's job to convict and to convince.

I have a hard time with telling someone "the truth" sometimes..

The believe they are going to "tsk.. tsk.." my advice as archaic and old fashioned..

that is what usually happens...

I know that hearing from God for them is essential but when in the middle of a situation and something has to be done and you don't have Gods words ...do you just back away..??

I do..and then I feel like a jerk for not being able to show them the error..

I really believe I have failed them ,and me, when that happens...

Do you just go for it and tell them they are wrong..boy that gets some responses...

I am trying to learn the balance of when to say something and when not to..

I have offended people who have never forgiven me to their death..

I do not want to do that again....I was way to out there with my "truth telling" and arrogant..

But I have to be able to share my belief that what they are saying or doing is wrong ...

I hope there is not too much of a ramble here and you understand my problem with this..

I do not have a balance and I really need one ... :blink:

I know you are probably thinking "did she read my post?"

yes I did, but it was not quite the answer I need.. :24:

Guest jckduboise
Wow that is hard.

I used to think the same thing, that I could stay with these guys and be a witness, but what was happening was that I was the one who was being dragged down, they were not being changed. The thing that would happen is that because they have known me for so long, far back into my youth, they then would remind me of my previous life, reaching back ten twenty years, pulling out old sins, it is a common strategy, the goal is to not recognize the new life in Christ.

But family is harder than friends are, I will pray for you and your family mark.

A very good example of being unequally yolked..I think people sometimes use that term is only used for marraige and intimate relationships..we can be unequally yolked with every kind of relationship...

The imbalance causes to much trouble for the Christian and his walk with God...distraction after distraction

Sue,

The situation has passed,

I have failed them ..

I have failed me..

and I believe I failed in what God would have had me do..

I just did not know what was right ...

I know it will come up again as I need this lesson learned ...

And I believe God will keep letting it happen so I will learn..

I am just looking for a help in my learning process and growing process in the Lord..

:thumbsup:

Sue,

The situation has passed,

I have failed them ..

I have failed me..

and I believe I failed in what God would have had me do..

I just did not know what was right ...

I know it will come up again as I need this lesson learned ...

And I believe God will keep letting it happen so I will learn..

I am just looking for a help in my learning process and growing process in the Lord..

:wub:

tah,

Please feel free to PM me (edited by moderator) and we can talk about it there. I am short on time this morning, but I will try to get back with you this evening or tomorrow morning. If you could give me a little more specifics, that would help. Please don't feel like a failure, ok? Our "seeming" failures are often just stepping stones to great success! Be encouraged!! God is preparing you. And, please write me and we'll talk, ok? I am here for you!

Thank you Sue,

I will remember your offer the next time it comes up, and it will. :b:

Tis over and right now my emotions and all are just going through the clean up ..

I think being a Christian and learning to walk in His nature is like chemistry class..

sometimes you just experience a few bombs.... :emot-crying:

lose a few eyebrows perhaps but they grow back...

clean up the mess you made.....do damage control...

figure out what you did wrong ..... :th_frusty:

and start to work figuring out the right way again..

But with the added knowledge that the last way was definitely not the answer... :20:

My goal is to be all He wants me to be...

tah :crazy:

My goal is to be all He wants me to be...

tah :thumbsup:

That is a good goal to have! Learn from your mistakes, don't let them defeat you, and get back in there and fight! Tomorrow is another day.