• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  12/13/2002

I have been emotionally drained from school. I am being bullied so much, that I kinda want to drop out and give up. What do I do?

• Loved it! 1
  • Praying! 2

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  57
  • Topic Count:  1,546
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  10,320
  • Content Per Day:  1.41
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  11/05/1951

First off, this is not my field of expertise, and I likely lack the wisdom to give a great answer, but I will wing it with my opinion, never the less.

You did not mention what you meant by bullying. I think (though not everyone will agree) that there is a big difference between name calling, insults, teasing, etc. These are forms of verbal abuse, but they are just words. Words have only as much power as you give them. Can they be scary? Sure. Hurtful? Definitely. These reactions are from our side, not from the side of those persecuting you. When we react with fear, pain, dread, or even with retaliation, we are giving those people just what they are after. Personally, I would prefer not to let them win, but instead, to take it all in stride, and consider that the opinions of such people, are not worth much consideration. 

I do not know if you are a Christian, but since you came here, I figure the odd of that, are pretty high. If that is the case, then Jesus is our example. He took abuse, and did not retaliate, nor did He consider giving up. He chose instead, to take a lot of abuse, and to pray for his enemies, and asked for the strength and resolve, to do the right thing, as hard as that can be at times.

I suggest that you take it to the Lord in prayer, and pray for those people, even forgiving them, whether or not they ask for it or deserve it. My mom said to me as a child, that "sticks and stones can break my bones, but words can never hurt me". That was the attitude I took at her advice, and it worked for me, though I continued to be bullied into me young twenties. I learned to not show fear or distress even when threatened with physical violence. In truth, I was afraid at times, but I never let my enemies have the pleasure of knowing that they had any effect on my emotions, and I was able to take their insults as just the mutterings of cruel losers. Those who behaved badly toward me, gave up when they were not seeing their attacks produce the reactions they sought, and so they moved on.

Of course, there were always new people to take their places, it was as if I went through life with a kick me sign taped to my back. The lessened and even went away at college age.

I am not sure that my experiences will have any validity for your life, this is only the experience of one person, but perhaps it will give you something to think about, and perhaps some of the principles will work for you.

I would strongly suggest, however, that you consider not only that Jesus told us to expect to be poorly treated, and for us to be enduring, but also consider that allowing yourself to be shaken by some numbskulls, only encourages them to treat others badly also.

I suggest finding friends, counselors, etc. who can serve as moral support, and if social media is part of this equation, consider withdrawing from such activities, as they are breeding grounds for bad behavior often.

Finally, I suggest also, reading Philippians  4, and take the advice there about anxiety. Don't quit school, just take it one day at a time, and to the degree that you can do that, the abuse will not accumulate, it is just more of the same, and just take the attitude Jesus had, and get by on the strength He had, by depending on the Father and the Holy Spirit.

Also, I suggest that any who may read this, please remember Emily in your prayers. - Omegaman 3.0

• This is Worthy 1
  • Loved it! 1