Hospital ban on Bibles

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  439
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  7,315
  • Content Per Day:  0.93
  • Days Won:  0

If you check Felinefan's profile, you'll see she's a 17 year old girl living in Great Britain, so I'm not sure what this is all about...

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.20
  • Days Won:  58

Are those 90% really Christian? Some of them only call themselves Christian because they remember going to church as a kid, but dont beleive in any of it now.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  19
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Birthday:  05/10/1988

The people who want proof of hospitals banning Bibles, it was front page news on the Daily Mail on 3rd June!

When I go into hospital (thank the Lord I haven't been in 4 about 6 months now) I always want to read the Bible because it cheers me up. When you're alone it's pretty awful and you just need something to do and reading the Bible never fails to cheer me up and when I was in hospital I wasn't very well at all but I still read it. This was before they were banned but 3 hospitals have now banned Bibles according to the Daily Mail article.

Felinefan

xxx

By the way I go to a hotel in Blackpool and the landlady won't have Bibles banned in her hotel because she is Christian. They shouldn't ban them. If people are offended (which they aren't because it says so i black and white here!) then they can ask for them to be removed!

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  97
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,850
  • Content Per Day:  0.84
  • Birthday:  08/11/1911

You can't bring your own bible into the hospital?

Doesn't that go against religious freedom? :blink:

You can't bring your own bible into the hospital?

Doesn't that go against religious freedom? :blink:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I don't know if you can bring your own Bible in to hospital but if they said I wasn't allowed to I wouldn't listen. They can't say I'm offending anybody and they certainly can't chuck me out! If they say that we offend other religions & atheists I'd turn round and say 'Well what about if you're offending me?'. We have rights too!

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  97
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,850
  • Content Per Day:  0.84
  • Birthday:  08/11/1911

So they're not banning bibles. They are actually just not providing bibles. I guess they would have to do that, or supply religious manuals for every religion out there. That could be costly. :blink:

• Topic Count:  121
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,782
  • Content Per Day:  0.36
  • Days Won:  1

Those which permit Bibles will get my business. Those which don't have lost a paying customer. Quite easy. Give your business to an establishment which isn't spooked by the Holy Bible.

http://www.arthurdurnan.freeyellow.com

Those which permit Bibles will get my business. Those which don't have lost a paying customer. Quite easy. Give your business to an establishment which isn't spooked by the Holy Bible.

http://www.arthurdurnan.freeyellow.com

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Amen to that Arthur! :thumbsup:

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Content Count:  669
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Birthday:  09/04/1986

Are those 90% really Christian? Some of them only call themselves Christian because they remember going to church as a kid, but dont beleive in any of it now.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well I was including the Jewish folks in that percentage.

The information was that 86% of Americans identify themselves as Christian, and 4% as Jewish. Ergo the 90% figure I came up with.

Now, I do fully understand and agree with your point. But the point was trying to be made that this nation was something other than Christian, that is simply not true, it wasn't true in 1775 and it is not true now.

I do not wish to live in a theocracy of any religion, even a Christian one, but to deny our heritage is Christian is the basest form of denial and dishonesty by anyone who will seriously try to put that forward. Especially as some sort of justification for the secularization of America.

Sadly, it is true that many who profess to be Christian, are not. They live a life openly hostile to God's wishes for His children. I am still not free from sin, but my life is not led in a manner hostile or against the wishes of God as given us by His Word. I used to be one of those that did, now I struggle every day to try to be closer to what God would have me be.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

If you read my post you'll see that I said our country was founded on Biblical Principles. That does NOT make this country Christian. Individuals are Christians, a country can't be "Christian".

I'm not trying to deny that our country was founded on Godly Principles, or that people used to actually have morals. Yes, such a large percentage claim to be "Christian" but I guarantee you the actual percentage of true believers is MUCH MUCH less. People call themselves "Christian", meaning they aren't buddhist, Muslim, pagan, etc. They go to church occasionally, may believe there is a God, and think if they do the "right" thing they are "okay". That is NOT christianity, and unfortunately so many people view it like that.