IGNORED

God sacrificing one to save another?

Guest TIMGUY

Guest TIMGUY

Does God sacrifice one person to save others?

I am refering to the hardening of Pharoahs heart when Moses asked for the Isralites to be set free from egypt. And also to the new testament passage that says 'God made some for good works and some for bad'. Also this is tied in with predestination, or at least my view of predestination.

My conclusion is that God lets everyone have a choice to be saved, free will. And that if you reject that choice, then God can use you to save others by hardening your heart and condeming you. In Pharoahs case the Isralites were saved from egypt at his expense.

Does everyone agree with this?

-note I will post another topic regarding predestination-

Thanks From Tim

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  219
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0

I am refering to the hardening of Pharoahs heart when Moses asked for the Isralites to be set free from egypt.

My conclusion is that God lets everyone have a choice to be saved, free will. And that if you reject that choice, then God can use you to save others by hardening your heart and condeming you. In Pharoahs case the Isralites were saved from egypt at his expense.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'll avoid the general topic of predestination. I'm already involved in a rather lengthy thread on that. Come join us if you like -"Calvin vs. Arminius.

But the specific case of Pharoah is interesting. I was wondering why you think he was given a free will choice prior to his heart being hardened. God informed Moses at the burning bush that He would harden Pharoah's heart so that he would not let the people go. It was intended from the beginning that this should be so. It was the means by which God chose to "show all His wonders" in the land of Egypt.

In Christ,

Eric

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  115
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  8,281
  • Content Per Day:  1.12
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  10/30/1955

It does sort of seem like Pharaoh gets the short end of the stick here......

Guest Zayit

Remember that G-d has written the end from the beginning and if so then that means he already knew the final choice of Pharaoh, he took nothing away from him, but what if he did, the L-RD giveth, the L-RD taketh away, blessed be the name of the L-RD!

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  89
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  09/09/1974

Remember that G-d has written the end from the beginning and if so then that means he already knew the final choice of Pharaoh, he took nothing away from him, but what if he did, the L-RD giveth, the L-RD taketh away, blessed be the name of the L-RD!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Pharaoh hardened his own heart before God closed it for good.

"But when Pharaoh saw that there was relief, he hardened his heart and would not listen to Moses and Aaron, just as the LORD had said" (exodus 8:15).

"But this time also Pharaoh hardened his heart and would not let the people go" (exodus 8:32).

"But the LORD hardened Pharaoh's heart and he would not listen to Moses and Aaron, just as the LORD had said to Moses" (exodus 9:12).

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.87
  • Content Count:  43,799
  • Content Per Day:  6.19
  • Days Won:  58

Ah good point Shy, I hadnt realized that.