• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  64
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0

On 7/21/2019 at 4:14 AM, Peteros said:

Hey all,

When i visited my grandparents last week, I sat down and talked to my grandfather about blasphemy (i do know what it is) also (do keep in mind that he used to be a priest so it would be obvious that I would ask him about christian related things and is currently 93 years old). Naturally, he gave me a long explanation about it which did not seem to answer my question but it was nice to talk to him since he is getting older and I’ve been trying to talk to him about anything really.

Anyways, once we finished I went upstairs and once I came down I overheard him talking to my dad and he said that ‘I was lacking fundamentals in Christianity.

I was actually kind of shocked that he said that. I do feel like I have the fundamentals of Christianity.

Every since he said that, a lot of questions have started to arise such as: Do I really have faith in God or do I think that I have faith? Is my grandpa right since he dedicated his whole life to the teaching of God? Should I stop being a Christian since someone with such wisdom and knowledge said that about me?

I am a teenager with a lot to explore about Christianity, so I am still learning about Christianity but I think that I have an appropriate amount of understanding for someone my age.

P.S If any of you would like me to explain something further, just ask. :) Also if there are some spelling issues, forgive me since I have written his on my phone.

So what do you guys think? 

Could you explain what the fundamentals are? By the way we are learning as we live and I don't believe it's a lack of faith. For faith grows as we mature spiritualy. Believing in God is one faith and we grow by faith when we stick with the Lord through our ups and downs. Reading his word and praying! Which means that you shouldn't stop being Christian. By the way Christianity is a lifestyle not a religion. You are still learning and exploring about God. So I would encourage you to keep pushing and grow your relationship with Christ!

Your brother in Christ

Keny

• 11 months later...

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,176
  • Content Per Day:  0.85
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/29/1987

On 7/21/2019 at 9:14 AM, Peteros said:

Anyways, once we finished I went upstairs and once I came down I overheard him talking to my dad and he said that ‘I was lacking fundamentals in Christianity.

I was actually kind of shocked that he said that. I do feel like I have the fundamentals of Christianity.

It depends, he could be wrong or he could be right, people know people close to them well. However there are exceptions. You will have to answer the question truthfully yourself.