missmuffet

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  107
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,822
  • Content Per Day:  1.29
  • Days Won:  2

Foot washing is symbolic.  So if it's done in a manner that the outward symbol means that one is going to focus on the inward humility to another person - I say go for it.

I've seen a foot washing at a wedding between the bride and groom publicly displaying their desire to humble themselves to one another and place the other first.  It was very, very moving especially knowing these two young people and how spiritual their lives were before they even met and how after their meeting - they've increased in their personal walk with God.

I've also been told of a Christian couples retreat where serving one another was taught and the couples were given a basin and towels and asked to find a private place and wash each other's feet in humility and in an act of saying I love you enough to place you first.

I was told that upon returning to the group setting, there was not a dry eye anywhere - both husbands and wives had obvious cried with one another.

So - there's a place for it.  And it can also be unwarranted or viewed as the water itself doing something - which is wrong.

Edited by Jayne