Backslidden or Never Saved

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,121
  • Content Per Day:  7.06
  • Days Won:  97

I was discussing this fear of the Lord's judgment with a brother last night, @Faithwilldo. I've never understood why so many live in fear of God's judgment and furthermore, some believe I'm off my rocker for petitioning the Lord for His judgment here and now. I couldn't fathom why one who believes Christ wouldn't do this on a daily basis. 

The Lord's judgments are life and He is faithful to grant our petition made according to His will. Why would our Father in heaven withhold any good thing from us? When we grasp that every good and perfect gift comes from our Father above (1 Chron. 16:11-12) we learn to ask for such things from Him. I've since learned that whenever we ask for things which this flesh covets the Lord doesn't hear; but when we ask for those things which the Lord desires for us He responds swiftly, faithfully granting our petition. That's what meant by petitioning the Lord according to His will. 

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,731
  • Content Per Day:  3.56
  • Days Won:  12

27 minutes ago, Marathoner said:

I was discussing this fear of the Lord's judgment with a brother last night, @Faithwilldo. I've never understood why so many live in fear of God's judgment and furthermore, some believe I'm off my rocker for petitioning the Lord for His judgment here and now. I couldn't fathom why one who believes Christ wouldn't do this on a daily basis. 

The Lord's judgments are life and He is faithful to grant our petition made according to His will. Why would our Father in heaven withhold any good thing from us? When we grasp that every good and perfect gift comes from our Father above (1 Chron. 16:11-12) we learn to ask for such things from Him. I've since learned that whenever we ask for things which this flesh covets the Lord doesn't hear; but when we ask for those things which the Lord desires for us He responds swiftly, faithfully granting our petition. That's what meant by petitioning the Lord according to His will. 

Judgment has a range of different meanings.  The Lord's judgments are always good and righteous; and he works all things together for good, to those who love him.  The thing is that, for someone who is unsaved, if he dies in that state, the Lord's judgment is definitely something to fear, because it will mean eternal darkness and torment, in hell.

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  168
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/31/1961

26 minutes ago, Marathoner said:

Thanks for your comments.

I have prayed for judgment, too because I know that the Lord's judgment will teach me righteousness.  Here are some verses:

Psa 9:8  And he shall judge the world in righteousness, he shall minister judgment to the people in uprightness.

Psa 33:5  He loveth righteousness and judgment: the earth is full of the goodness of the LORD.

Isa 61:8  For I the LORD love judgment, I hate robbery for burnt offering; and I will direct their work in truth, and I will make an everlasting covenant with them.

Jer 4:2  And thou shalt swear, The LORD liveth, in truth, in judgment, and in righteousness; and the nations shall bless themselves in him, and in him shall they glory.

Jer 9:24  But let him that glorieth glory in this, that he understandeth and knoweth me, that I am the LORD which exercise lovingkindness, judgment, and righteousness, in the earth: for in these [things] I delight, saith the LORD.

What happens when Christ judges us?

Isa 2:4 And he shall judge among the nations, and shall rebuke many people: and they shall beat their swords into plowshares, and their spears into pruninghooks: nation shall not lift up sword against nation, neither shall they learn war any more.

Answer:  people will learn righteousness just as Isa 26:9 says:

Isa 26:9  With my soul have I desired thee in the night; yea, with my spirit within me will I seek thee early: for when thy judgments are in the earth, the inhabitants of the world will learn righteousness.

Without judgment, we will not learn righteousness.  We need judgment and the sooner it comes, the better for us.  Judgment begins with the Elect in this age:

1Pe 4:17 For it is the ripe time for the judgment to begin with the house of God; but, if first with us, what shall be the end of them who yield not unto the glad-message of God?

The Elect who are being judged now are the First Fruits of the harvest.  That is why the verse says it is "ripe time" for judgment to begin with the Elect.  The Elect are being made ready for harvest and part of those preparations is judgment.  But as for the rest of mankind, they will not be made ready for harvest until the end of the harvest season in the final age.

Thanks again for sharing you thoughts.

Joe

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,121
  • Content Per Day:  7.06
  • Days Won:  97

Thank you for sharing that, Joe. The Spirit of the Lord is faithful to teach us precept upon precept, step by step, conforming us to the image of Christ from glory to glory. I learned much about the nature of this flesh during those years of desperation and it wasn't until my baptism in the Spirit that the Lord opened my eyes to the astonishing work which He accomplished. Of this I write blessed are they who suffer for they shall reach the end of themselves; it is in this place that the Lord reveals His hand and the grace of our God toward us. There is nothing good to be found in ourselves for no man is righteous, not one. 

One of my favorite passages from the letters of Paul:

For the grace of God that bringeth salvation hath appeared to all men, Teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly, in this present world; Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ; Who gave himself for us, that he might redeem us from all iniquity, and purify unto himself a peculiar people, zealous of good works. (Titus 2:11-14 KJV)