• Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  10/25/1972

Agreed George.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Calamity

rbisrb: "She is flaunting her disregard for scripture here. This is something that is done quite often today, and when someone opposes it, they are shouted down. What is wrong with the Church when it ALLOWS those who sow tares to sow those seeds of discontentment? Allowing this will engender more unsound doctrine to be allowed. Then we become Episcopals and preach "tollerance" of sin!"

I don't think she's flaunting anything. This was a thread about spiritual gifts, and she was telling what she did. If anything, don't you think you had a disregard for the Scripture, with your remarks to her? We are supposed to speak the truth in love, which your post to her was totally lacking in.

You weren't 'shouted down' because you opposed a disregard for Scripture, you were 'shouted down' because of your attitude towards a sister in Christ. Because of a lack of agape love, because of a lack of regard for her feelings, in order to get a point across.

What if we allow HATEFUL treatment of our brothers and sisters in Christ? What then? Where would that lead to? If you really want to talk about the TOPIC of women preachers, why not start a post about it? I'm sure it would get many replies.

:):)

Guest rbisrb

I just heard today that the homosexuals have now written a book about "What the Bible REALY says about homosexuality", in other words, they have come up with a philosophical bent towards ACCEPTING their view of scripture. I am sure that we would hear so many like minded things on why the Bible doesn't actually mean what it says when it says that a woman should not teach men. I have read them before, but they are quite sophomoric in their approach.

If a woman wants to preach, then "Watch ye, stand fast in the faith, quit you like men, be strong." "Thou therefore endure hardness, as a good soldier of Jesus Christ."

As for Jesus not using sarchasm, that may be your opinion, but you can't get that from reading Matthew 23.

I am not mean, I just am FRUSTRATED that WE have allowed this stuff to go on TO LONG. I dare say, with the attitude of Christians today, men like Sunday, or Spurgeon, or Wesley, or Whitfield, would NOT be accepted. I never said that I did not say what I said without love, on the contrary, it is obvious that those soft speaking liberal teachers in her life did not love her enough to tell her the truth. God is a SERIOUS God. The way most Christians would have it is for him to gently lay in hell those who rejected his son's death in their place, and to make sure it is not to hot. Funny thing is it says that GOD will laugh at the DERISION of those whom he CASTS into the lake of fire. Now THAT is hard, man, not only are the being drug to their doom but God is laughing at them as they go. WOW. Of course I will expect some here to reject this biblical excerpt also. Ps 59:8.

You want me to be gentle? I can be gentle. Let's talk about spiritual warfare. I can be gentle about that topic. Oh, Oh, wait, gentle, let's talk about the love of God, brothers and sisters I can certainly be gentle about that. Let's see, gentle, ya, accountability, I LOVE accountability, I can be gentle with that topic. But outright disregard for a command of scripture? That is just where I have to draw a line in the sand with my sword!

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Amen, preacher!

Let's burn 'em all in H*ll! Hangin's too good for them!

Those filthy white-washers of the truth, those slimy serpents who poison the wells, them mongrels!

How dare they take the name of God upon their lips! Salvation is too good for them!

Why, they don't even deserve to walk this Earth! They are just sooooooo imperfect - unlike YOU!

:rofl:

Ya get the point?

(Everyone else - my appoogies for going overboard on the sarcasm.)

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  439
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  7,315
  • Content Per Day:  0.93

Nebula: Girlfriend, you're too cool.

RB: I really don't get you at all. You have a problem with a woman preaching in a woman's prison? :rofl:

You should've been here when some guy insisted that it was acceptable for a Christian to patronize nudist camps. He went as far as saying he took "Holy Communion" in the buff.

Or - the guy who insisted there was many roads to "grace" (i.e. salvation).

Look, if you want hard issues to chew on - we've got em'.

Why not focus on the issue that could shipwreck a new believer's faith or sabbotage those who are seeking? The Great Apostacy isn't about whether a woman wears pants, the KJV is the only version, or whether a woman should remain silent. *Gee, if we want that, we could join the Taliban and outlaw a woman laughing in public or attending school.

Satan would distract us with disputable issues pitting Christians against each others while having us miss a frontal assault on the faith itself.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  329
  • Content Per Day:  0.04

1 Cor. 14: (Amplified)

34 The women should keep quiet in the churches, for they are not authorized to speak, but should take a SECONDARY and subordinate place, just as the law also says.

35 But if there is anything they want to learn, they should ask their own husbands at home, for it is disgraceful for a woman to talk in church (for her to unsurp and EXERCISE AUTHORITY OVER MEN in the church).

This is talking about in the NATURAL... not SPIRITUALLY (IN CHRIST)!

NOW, IN CHRIST (SPIRTUALLY) there is NO GENDER!

Gal. 3:28

There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor free man, THERE IS NEITHER MALE NOR FEMALE, for you are ALL ONE IN CHRIST JESUS!

So can a woman preach, prophesy, etc. in church?

ABSOLUTELY!

UNDER THE ANNOINTING OF THE HOLY SPIRIT (IN CHRIST) THERE IS NEITHER MALE NOR FEMALE. (No gender in Christ)

Woman... Thou art loosed! :rofl:

Great post, VOG! Thank you!

Well, RB:...I guess this means we women can now laugh in public, drive cars and learn to read...

I personally think it's silly to say a woman can't preach ....I only agree that a woman can't usurp authority over men (so 'amen' to VOG)...but we certainly can preach.

BTW ...back then men and women sat across the room from each other ...men sat with men, women sat with women...Women would be yelling across the room at their husbands if they didn't understand what was being preached.

Paul didn't want chaos and noise during fellowship and told the woman to save their questions till they got home...they were causing too much of a disturbance.

Today, we sit together. Also, today ..woman as well as men are literate and can read just as well as the men.

Back then, women didn't read the holy scriptures (Torah) ...and had many questions.

Yes, RB...there are cultural elements involved. I know. I've served in foreign missions and I can assure you that culture plays a very important role.

The idea behind the scriptures is a matter of showing due respect and keeping order and civility during worship.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  297
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  5,586
  • Content Per Day:  0.69
  • Days Won:  1

So I guess it's just some sort of fluke that there were NO women preachers mentioned in the NT? This is a new development within the body of Christ and His church?

In His Love,

Suzanne

Well, back then they didn't have women's prisons, for one thing. And yes, Priscilla and I foget the others who also assisted Paul in his missionary journeys.

If you remember Wisdom, our former moderator...he will tell you of a mighty annointing on Joyce Meyers and her ministry.

God can and does work with anyone who is willing to do the work...

This so smacks of the same stuff we read about when Jesus was confronted about healing on the Sabbath...

The heart of the Law is mercy. We really forget that.

I went out into the inner city streets and fed the homeless and this same guy put me down for that.

Suzanne, this guy's criticizing people for serving prisoners in prison (if you're a woman, stay home)...

You can have your opinion. You're free to believe as you will....I'll stick with mine and be so glad when we're in heaven and this debate will be over.