• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  28
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  224
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  08/24/1952

Spiritual gifts exist in the body as maintenance functions of the Holy Spirit.

Without them the church is like a ship without a rudder.

One shouldn't seek gifts like they would seek to be 'fashionable'... but should seek The Gift: Jesus Christ.

It is the spirit of God that is manifest as Grace at work: Spiritual Gifts.

If a person tries to work his gift, he is being carnal.

Yeild to God and let Jesus work HIS gift that He has placed in you.

The Bible tells us that the "Gifts and callings of God are without repentance..."

That is... we are borned with them. We cannot "receive" a gift we were not borned with... Paul lay hands on Timothy to stir up the gift that he was borned with.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  29
  • Content Count:  214
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Birthday:  09/01/1963

im not sure exactly what gifts really are...i dont think of myself as gifted...i used to sing but i cant anymore..i try to counsel those who ask, i listen to those who want, but since i have become crippled i aint sure what i can do to help others...i have dreams which comes true everyonce in a while....what gifts i have right now is life experiences......nothing else and i keep asking JESUS to use me.....but my prayers go unanswered...I think JESUS has turned a deaf ear to me........oak

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  18
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

My dear Oakleaf.

You are like a lot of christians I know. But I think the Bible has laboured well on this issue. I will address two things:

1. Everything you get from God you get then on the basis of FAITH!

That is how you got saved and that is how the gifts will come to you. You ask and believe and then you start acting out in faith as the Holy Spirit leads you.

My personal XP is that I read in the Bible where it says: desire the best gifts, especially that you may prophesy- something like that in 1 Corinthians. I started yearning for the gift of prophesy and now I am seeing it in operation MORE and MORE in both private and public spiritual life.

2. While I appreciate Born 2 Be Free's point of view, the Bible teaches that WE SHOULD SEEK spiritual gifts. Unless that word 'DESIRE' means something else. I dont know about you, but if I am desiring something, I go after it like a hound!!

Right now just focus on blessing others and obeying the WORD of God. And you will see God move to bless others THRU you!

T is back!!

• 2 weeks later...

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  149
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

A church pastor can also be different from also having a gift of "preaching"

A pastor has to be an administrator, a business leader, and spiritual leader.

But often he should know when he needs others to also be the speaker.

Often churches need more than one pastor who can fill various needs of a church.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  105
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

I have seen many pastors who teach the Word under the anointing and many teachers of the Word who are able to shepherd people in compassion and love. In our walk with God, we go through phases in ministry, and the anointing on our lives varies and grows. Ultimately we reflect the image of Jesus and He is the grat Shepherd and Teacher so rather than focus on titles and doctrinal positions, we should recognise that He is within us, the greatest gift of God to the world and if teaching is needed, let us teach and if we need to minister in love and compassion let us do so. If you find that all you're doing everyday is teaching, you're a teacher of the Word and if you find yourself ministering in love, compassion and caring for others, you're a shepherd.

:noidea:

Guest Thomas I believe

Hi, There are two spiritual gifts that God has manifested in me. The first is discerment of spirits. This is one that seems to be with me at all times. The other is tongues. I am a prayer warrior and have been for years . Tongues do not happen everytime I pray. I believe that the Holy Spirit decides when it is neccesary. I have read these posts here and it is encouraging to see so many spiritual gifts within the whole body of Christ. We must remember that the gifts that we are given is for Gods Glory. Use the gifts that God has given you for that is why He has chosen you to have them.

In His Peace, Michael :)

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  191
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  629
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Birthday:  03/29/1970

When I was a little girl I thought my gift was the gift of dreams. So many of my dreams came true. I would know things before it happened. When I was around seven our pastor at the time made a comment that the church building was the temple of God and I knew that was wrong. As we walked home after church I looked at the kid next to me and said exactly that. I told the kid that the temple of God was in each of us. I don't know how I knew that I just did.

Lately I don't know what is my gift. For a while I was trapped in the dream thing. Wanting it back after it was taken from me, no after I asked God to take it away, but now.... now it doesnt' really matter. The only thing that matters to me is that I'm right with God. That He's forgiven me for my sin's and has welcomed me back into His arms after I stupidly turned my back on Him.

God Bless You

Jacqueline

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  105
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

Very well said. These gifts were given for the edification of the Body and we shouldn't get lost in semantics but appreciate that which God has blessed us with. By their fruit you shall know them so that's how giftings are revealed.

Guest CatscanCam

First off I want to say that my Spiritual gifts are intercessor, teaching, giving and just recently :21: interpretation of dreams. I had no clue I had that last one until I prayed for God to give it to me. Isn't God AWESOME!!??? Secondly,

If the Bible tells a woman to be silent in the church, that they should not teach men, that the older women should teach the younger women, and I correctly stated this was not nullified because of CULTURE, that God knew what culture would be in the future, I will stand by the word of God that is intuitively stated. 

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I believe lihardem said she was a pastor in a women's prison. So that should have ended right there. You quoted the scripture yourself. She is teaching women. nuff said...

Edited by CatscanCam