• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  67
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  885
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  05/23/1986

I have a friend, Steph, who thinks she may be pregnant. She refuses to go to the doctor or get a pregnancy test though (she says she can't afford it, I think she's just too scared of the results) and nothing- and I have tried everything I can think of over the past few months-will convince her to do either.

I don't know what to do, she's really becoming unglued with the worry. It seems like every day she comes up with something else that 'could' be a sign she's pregnant but then she says something that makes her think she isn't.

She has put on some weight but as she hasn't weighed herself/been weighed for a few years previously, she doesn't know whether it's been put on over a few years or just a matter of months.

I don't whether her worries are just pyschological because there is a chance she may be pregnant or whether they are actually signs.

Any advice?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  115
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  8,281
  • Content Per Day:  1.12
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  10/30/1955

Yes. Very good advice: DON'T HAVE SEX BEFORE MARRIAGE.

Your friend can go to the county hospital and probably get tests and care free of charge.

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  92
  • Content Count:  2,244
  • Content Per Day:  0.31

Yes.  Very good advice:  DON'T HAVE SEX BEFORE MARRIAGE. 

Your friend can go to the county hospital and probably get tests and care free of charge.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That is correct! :wub:

Yes.  Very good advice:  DON'T HAVE SEX BEFORE MARRIAGE.  Your friend can go to the county hospital and probably get tests and care free of charge.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

A) whereas the above is good advice, if she thinks she's pregnant, it's a little late for that advice now.

b) She won't get a test done- free or not, she'll make up an excuse. I've tried to persuade her to go her GP, the walk-in-centre etc but she refuses point blank.

I need advice and telling her to have a test done is not going to help as I've already explained that she refuses to go, as great as that advice is.

Any other advice please?

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Content Count:  2,791
  • Content Per Day:  0.37
  • Birthday:  06/13/1977

I don't want to sound mean, but it sounds to me as though your friend really deep inside wants to be pregnant although I'm sure she will deny that, and she is afraid of what the results will be. If she is showing signs and does not go in for testing and child services finds out that she knew and chose to deny care they will take her baby. It happend to one of my friends. You have to express this importance to her. If she has internet access then message me and I will give you my primary email addy so you can contact me and I would be willing to talk or give you my messanger contact. I'll be praying.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  11
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

If she won't go anywhere to test, have you considered purchasing a home kit and doing it together? Make it easy and confidential for her - and then if it comes back positive, you can go from there. It needs to be done somehow - do this as a friend.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  128
  • Content Count:  1,946
  • Content Per Day:  0.28
  • Birthday:  06/06/1979

She si depriving her child, if pregnant, the care it needs by not truly finding out if she is pregnant or not. She needs to be a woman and get the test done. Do it for good reasons: SHE MAY BE WITH CHILD!!!! I hope everything works out for her.

I don't want to sound mean, but it sounds to me as though your friend really deep inside wants to be pregnant although I'm sure she will deny that, and she is afraid of what the results will be.  If she is showing signs and does not go in for testing and child services finds out that she knew and chose to deny care they will take her baby.  It happend to one of my friends.  You have to express this importance to her.  If she has internet access then message me and I will give you my primary email addy so you can contact me and I would be willing to talk or give you my messanger contact.  I'll be praying.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

She does NOT want to be pregnant, if you knew her you would see that. I am not in any doubt that she does not want to be pregnant. She knows about the Social Services side as I work for Social Services legal team.

As for the home kit.. she says she can't afford one, though I think that may be an excuse.

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  117
  • Content Count:  3,860
  • Content Per Day:  0.56
  • Birthday:  09/13/1984

Many Pregnancy Care Centres offer free pregnancy tests. They're also excellent places to get counselling...I know the ones in my area are mostly run by Christians (dunno about your area, but find out if you can).

Guest Zayit

If she is such a good friend why don't you buy her one, I am pretty sure they are still under $10. Tell her the suspense is killing YOU and you will be with her through everything.