• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.87
  • Content Count:  43,800
  • Content Per Day:  6.18
  • Days Won:  58

Those in darkness hate the light

In the last days, men will call good evil

It is the heart of man that is evil, never God. You are angry and fighting Him.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Seeker
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  56
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/29/1980

Your theory was completely correct until you got to the part of calling God an evil God.  God is a merciful and Just God.  God gives all of us enough grace to make it to heaven, it's just that many of us don't tap into that grace.  Bob would have plenty of oppurtunites to reach salvation, but through his free-will he didn't take advantage of those graces.  Free-Will is a very key component for salvation.  It is the greatest gift God has given us.  We can chose to spend eternity in heaven, or we can chose to spend eternity in hell.  Just make sure that you don't end up like Bob, and help as many others as you can not to end up like Bob.  :thumbsup:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

For the 6th time, if God knows EVERYTHING, then he KNOWS where your soul will end up no matter how many different times you sway to the lamb's book and away. He KNOWS where you will end up even if they are YOUR OWN choices. That is why I believe that God is evil. He will create souls knowing the future of their fate is eternal damnation. I am still waiting for an enlightening response to my theory....

• Thumbs Up 1

Those in darkness hate the light

In the last days, men will call good evil

It is the heart of man that is evil, never God. You are angry and fighting Him.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Instead of letting me know that I'm a heathen, can you please just answer my question? How does my theory not prove God is evil? I just want an answer, not verses telling me that I am of the darkness. Pretend that I'm a christian asking the question. Just pretend. I promise you I am not satan in the form of AgnosticFront84 trying to test your faith. I just want an answer :thumbsup:

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  135
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,537
  • Content Per Day:  1.08
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/29/1956

Your theory was completely correct until you got to the part of calling God an evil God.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  375
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  11,400
  • Content Per Day:  1.43
  • Birthday:  08/14/1971

Hello. :thumbsup:

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.87
  • Content Count:  43,800
  • Content Per Day:  6.18
  • Days Won:  58

You are attempting to define God in your narrow mindset, based on your assumptions. Your "theory" proves nothing. You have decided that God must be evil because of your assumptions. I know the Lord is only good. I do not think that any proof any of us give you will sway you from your viewpoint because of your pride and rebellion. I feel quite sad for you.

• Thumbs Up 1

You are attempting to define God in your narrow mindset, based on your assumptions. Your "theory" proves nothing. You have decided that God must be evil because of your assumptions. I know the Lord is only good. I do not think that any proof any of us give you will sway you from your viewpoint because of your pride and rebellion. I feel quite sad for you.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

First of all, I can say with pride that I am very open-minded and am accepting to all different views. I'm not even asking for empirical evidence here, even a quote from the bible will do. What assumptions? As far as I know, everything I included in my theory are facts stated in the bible (correct me if god is not omniscient and we don't have free-will). I'm sorry you feel sad for me. If you feel sad because I've been unchained from the intolerable, simple-minded, narrow views of christianity, then cry me a river. If you can break away from the christian propaganda that anyone who questions your religion is full of "pride and rebellion", then maybe you can see that I am just asking a question. But, alas, being sad for each other doesn't answer my question... it's ok, though :thumbsup:

• Thumbs Up 1

I'll get to my point, AF, to save a little time.

The idea that God continually "creates" souls is false, and not supported by the Bible, which we hold as the final authority on Christian theology.

All of creation was created by God, and placed into its cycle within a span of six days.  Now, you as an Agnostic are likely to disagree with this point.  But humor me for a moment, since we are discussing matters of Biblical theology.  We can discuss the issues of Biblical authorship, relaibility, etc., at a later time.  I want to keep this discussion on-track for now.

All of life on the earth has a cycle.  Living organisms are procreated, live, and die all within their own sphere, with God's intervention being largely out of the picture.  Therefore, when God created all the living things, He merely set into motion the cycles in which they live. 

So to say that "God creates" souls is wrong.  God is not in the process of creation any longer.  He has already created everything and set their cycles into motion.

This puts a different perspective on your hypothetical.  God has already set into motion the cycle of progeny, life, and death.  So then, perhaps your question should really be, "Why doesn't God stop this process?"

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Interesting view and thank you for being the only person to attempt to answer my question. Hats off to you :P I promise to stay on topic and my belief or non-belief in God and the bible as the inerrant word of God is a non-issue at this point in time. Do you have any scripture to back up what you just said? The only question I have to your post is that I can't imagine that God just sits there and says "oh! look, this guy named Joe was just created...cool!" To me, this would be taking power away from God. But all in all, great answer to my question. Can you please just back up what you said with some scripture? Thanks :thumbsup:

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  135
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,537
  • Content Per Day:  1.08
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/29/1956

[

And please, no witnessing to me, been there, done that, bought the T-shirt. Quoting the bible to me as a witnessing tool is like me quoting from a book of Wicca to you.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

This was you right, you basically said that quoting the Bible to you is usless, so now your wanting Ovedya to supply you with scriptures to prove his point???

• Thumbs Up 1

[

And please, no witnessing to me, been there, done that, bought the T-shirt. Quoting the bible to me as a witnessing tool is like me quoting from a book of Wicca to you.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

This was you right, you basically said that quoting the Bible to you is usless, so now your wanting Ovedya to supply you with scriptures to prove his point???

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Quoting the bible to me in an attempt to witness is useless, yes. My theory was "in terms of christianity", so of course you may use the bible as reference. I'm sorry if I wasn't clear. You gotta understand, it's like 30 christians vs. 1 heathen here, a little overwhelming at times :thumbsup:

• Thumbs Up 1