• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  118
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  4,361
  • Content Per Day:  2.31
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/03/1953

There are two kinds of people. One kind tries hard to obey the Lord’s commandments. They are of the kingdom of God. The other kind are those who give minimal effort to trying to obey the Lord’s commandments. They are of the world. If you’ve read the Bible, you know what I am talking about. 

Those who are of the world have sophisticated excuses for not obeying the Lord’s commandments. Remember that the serpent was the most subtle of the wild creatures God created (Gen 3:1). One excuse they give is that the Bible was inaccurately translated. Don’t you think the Lord had the ability and will to have people accurately translate his words?  

Another excuse they have is that the Lord wasn’t speaking to the Christians in the Old Testament. I agree he was speaking to the Jews, but if he said something is an abomination, it’s an abomination no matter what religion you subscribe to, wouldn’t you say? 

Here is a personal observation: The world is a place of pride. That is why worldly people don’t stand by the Lord’s commandments: It is an unpopular thing to do. My advice to worldly people: Turn to God. The world hasn’t the desire, nor the ability, to make you happy. The Lord has both.

• Well Said! 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  83
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  2,223
  • Content Per Day:  1.17
  • Days Won:  3

3 hours ago, johnthebaptist said:

There are two kinds of people. One kind tries hard to obey the Lord’s commandments. They are of the kingdom of God. The other kind are those who give minimal effort to trying to obey the Lord’s commandments. They are of the world. If you’ve read the Bible, you know what I am talking about. 

Those who are of the world have sophisticated excuses for not obeying the Lord’s commandments. Remember that the serpent was the most subtle of the wild creatures God created (Gen 3:1). One excuse they give is that the Bible was inaccurately translated. Don’t you think the Lord had the ability and will to have people accurately translate his words?  

Another excuse they have is that the Lord wasn’t speaking to the Christians in the Old Testament. I agree he was speaking to the Jews, but if he said something is an abomination, it’s an abomination no matter what religion you subscribe to, wouldn’t you say? 

Here is a personal observation: The world is a place of pride. That is why worldly people don’t stand by the Lord’s commandments: It is an unpopular thing to do. My advice to worldly people: Turn to God. The world hasn’t the desire, nor the ability, to make you happy. The Lord has both.

Well said, John.

The root of all our rebellion is pride. We want to do our own things and we don't want God to tell us want to do.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  219
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Days Won:  0

Bravo! Well said. :thumbs_up:

• Thumbs Up 2