Franky67

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  331
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  8,713
  • Content Per Day:  1.20
  • Days Won:  0

One thing I forgot to add, is that if I see someone elderly on the road, no matter what i do give them the right away. In my mind they've earned it. That and not all the elderly are bad drivers, I trust them more than I trust a 16 year old kid (plus my grandfather is an amazing driver).

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  187
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Birthday:  05/12/1925

Try driving through Oklahoma City, Kansas, and then Texas...that'll cause you to go bald.

Also, I gotta say, I enjoyed driving in North Carolina...most drivers yielded when they were suppose to, used their blinker during lane changes, and overall it was easy driving.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

In Jacksonville NC where I am stationed, no one uses a blinker. Too many young Marines thinking they rule the road. Texas is a HUGE state. No thanks.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It's cause it's Marines...they're generally mad becuase some sailor wouldn't dance with them ;) (sorry, grandfather and dad were Navy boys)

Yeah, avoid Texas if possible...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

On following close, When I worked at Bell Helicopter, I drove Loop 820 every day for 20 years, I would flow with the traffic, but I always left about 4 car lengths ahead of me, if you do that someone will always try to get in the gap in front of you, and so I let them in. I would back off, and leave my gap again. The guys at work said I backed all the way to work. You know what? I always punched in on time, and I stayed out of those multiple car pile ups, because I left me space to react to whatever happened ahead. The ONLY control you have is how much gap you leave in front of you. Father, I pray this saves somebody's life

I have driven for 60 (sixty) years, and if there's one thing I have learned, it's best to keep as much distance between you and the other car as possible, what ever that takes

That would make you somewhere close to 75 or 80 years of age. ;) Do you still drive? How do you keep your temper with everyone thinking they are the only ones on the road? ;)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'm 80 last month, I still drive, although I am restricted to daytime, because I have a scarred cornea on one eye, and I get a bad "starburst" effect with oncoming car lights. I can see road signs fine, and my reflexes are OK, In fact a few years ago, a lady pulled over on the shoulder and stopped, and as I got about even with her rear bumper, she whipped a U turn, I yanked the wheel to the left,and got stopped, and just touched her left quarterpanel with my right rear bumper. I could have hit her broadside if I hadn't turned sidways,

I drive like I have always driven, ie, try to stay away from em.

OH, also I plead the Blood of Jesus each time we go anywhere.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  128
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,946
  • Content Per Day:  0.28
  • Birthday:  06/06/1979

I pray alot for safety. Before my husband offs to work, I pray for him or we pray together. Before we go on a trip, I do the same. I trust us, I don't trust others.

I pray alot for safety.  Before my husband offs to work, I pray for him or we pray together.  Before we go on a trip, I do the same.  I trust us, I don't trust others.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

look at this website, let me know what you think

http://drdriving.org/articles/christ.htm